Potato Soup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Potato Soup

With the weather being cold I thought this would be a good warm you up recipe to share:Please read entire recipe before you get started.

6-8 medium potatoes peeled and cubed
    4-5 grated carrots I use the tiny ones.
    1/2 chopped onion
    garlic pepper to taste
    salt to taste
    1 can cream of chicken soup
    1 8oz block of cream cheese softened
    1/2-1 cup milk
    8 oz velveeta cheese cubed
    parsley and bacon bits to garnish

cover potatoes,carrots and onion in just enough water to cover them (you won't be draining so use as little water as possible) boil til tender 15-20 minutes depending on how big you make your chunks.
    in separate bowl mix c-cheese,milk,and soup. Start with 1/2 cup of milk and the mixture needs to be pancake batter consistancy. I use a hand mixer to really get the cream cheese mixed in.
    when potatoes are done, mix in mixture and stir til heated through. Turn heat to low as it will stick after the cheeses are added.If this is to thin you can add instant mashed potatoes to thicken it up.
    drop in velveeta and stir til melted.
    Garnish with parsley flakes and bacon bits.
    I use a none stick pan to cook this in and my family just loves it.
    Happy quilting everyone !!!!

Re: Potato Soup

that sounds so good. I can feel myself getting fatter just reading it. May have to try that before the first of the year hits
    Patrice

Comment

That does sound good! Before the first, right!!!!
      Saundra

May your troubles be less and your blessings be more and nothing but happiness come through your door! God bless the USA!:icon_wave:

Comment

Argh! Just used the last of my potatoes!! I love potato soup.
        “What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world, is and remains immortal.”

― Albert Pine

Comment

YUMMY! I LOVE potato soup and this sounds delicious! Foggy and cold here, so guess what's for supper?
          Thanks for the recipe!
          Suzy Que

Comment

Originally posted by SuzyQue View Post
            YUMMY! I LOVE potato soup and this sounds delicious! Foggy and cold here, so guess what's for supper?
            Thanks for the recipe!
            Suzy Que
            I hope you like it . It is soooo easy to make and it is delicious. Let me know what you think....

Comment

Will do!
              Suzy Que

Comment

Loved the soup! It was quite tasty and one of my favorites. I love the creaminess of the cream cheese addition. Next time I might use cheddar cheese, as the Velveeta is a little too salty for my taste. My picky son even ate it and he really abhors potato soup. (two bowls at that!) This is one to be used again and often. Thanks!
                Suzy Que

Comment

Originally posted by SuzyQue View Post
                  Loved the soup! It was quite tasty and one of my favorites. I love the creaminess of the cream cheese addition. Next time I might use cheddar cheese, as the Velveeta is a little too salty for my taste. My picky son even ate it and he really abhors potato soup. (two bowls at that!) This is one to be used again and often. Thanks!
                  Suzy Que
                  Wonderful !!! My hubby is extremely picky as well and he will actually ask me to fix it. Thats a big deal around here.. Glad you like it.
                  Rhonda

Comment

SNOW DAY!!!!! Me thinks this is on the menu for lunch. If you haven't tried this yet do so soon. It is wonderful!!!

Comment

That is an unusual potato soup recipe. It sounds wonderful. We will need to try it. My husband's favorite is a potato soup called Absolutely Ultimate Potato Soup from the allrecipes.com web site. I like that yours calls for cream cheese.
                      Joyce "She who dies with the most fabric wins!!"

Comment

Sounds good and I don't even like potato soup. I must be hungry
                        Shirley aka buckeyequilter
                        I work to support a sewing habit that I don't have time for, because I work!

Comment

How much does this recipe make? Sounds really good but I want to make sure I make enough.
                          Cil
                          A quilt is a blanket of love
                          http://www.pinterest.com/cil3612/boards/
                          http://www.creativelyhomemade.etsy.com/

Comment

Already saved the recipe in my Soups folder. Sound delicious and perfect winter soup. May in Jersey

Comment

Originally posted by RFREE View Post
                              With the weather being cold I thought this would be a good warm you up recipe to share:Please read entire recipe before you get started.

6-8 medium potatoes peeled and cubed
                              4-5 grated carrots I use the tiny ones.
                              1/2 chopped onion
                              garlic pepper to taste
                              salt to taste
                              1 can cream of chicken soup
                              1 8oz block of cream cheese softened
                              1/2-1 cup milk
                              8 oz velveeta cheese cubed
                              parsley and bacon bits to garnish

cover potatoes,carrots and onion in just enough water to cover them (you won't be draining so use as little water as possible) boil til tender 15-20 minutes depending on how big you make your chunks.
                              in separate bowl mix c-cheese,milk,and soup. Start with 1/2 cup of milk and the mixture needs to be pancake batter consistancy. I use a hand mixer to really get the cream cheese mixed in.
                              when potatoes are done, mix in mixture and stir til heated through. Turn heat to low as it will stick after the cheeses are added.If this is to thin you can add instant mashed potatoes to thicken it up.
                              drop in velveeta and stir til melted.
                              Garnish with parsley flakes and bacon bits.
                              I use a none stick pan to cook this in and my family just loves it.
                              Happy quilting everyone !!!!
                              We add ground deer sausage to ours. YUMMM!
                              "You've never really learned to live until you've done something for someone for which they can never repay you." ~Ralph Hall

"Party like a BLOCK-STAR"

Comment

Working...
                              X