• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hashbrown Casserole Recipe

Hashbrown Casserole Recipe

Ingredients
    • 32 oz frozen shredded hash browns defrosted
    • 1/2 cup melted butter
    • 1 10 1/4 ounce can of cream of chicken soup (or cream of cheddar)
    • 1 pint of sour cream
    • 1/2 cup onion finely chopped
    • 2 cups grated colby cheese
    • 1/4 teaspoon pepper
    Instructions
    1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
    2. Combine all ingredients in a large bowl reserving 1/2 cup of cheese for topping.
    3. Place in a greased 9×13 casserole dish and top with reserved cheese.
    4. Bake for 45-55 minutes or until hot and bubbly.
    This time when I made it I cleaned the frig and pantry and included a half a bag of bacon bits, half a jar of nacho cheese dip and cut the cheddar cheese down to just enough to cover the top. It made it just a little spicy and the bacon was delicious.

sigpic

I have made this and it is delicious.
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Comment

Thanks for the recipe 👍😁

Comment

Thanks for the reminder of this recipe. It is very very close to one my family uses. Ours came from an aunt who always brought it to reunions, funerals, pot lucks. We called it "Lois' potatoes". She has been gone many years but some times someone remembers, and brings it to our gatherings.
        Our family version substitutes are Cream of Onion soup, green onions, cheese is mixed into mixture and we add a topping of 2 cups crushed corn flakes mixed with 1/4 cup melted butter. Other than those differences, the recipe is exactly the same.
        Makes me wonder how many versions of this recipe there are in family recipe boxes, books, and memories around the world.
        Again thanks for the memory. Next outing to get provisions, will hunt down some frozen hash browns. It is a really good comfort food recipe.
        After 6 weeks in "self isolation" think I need some comfort.🙂

Comment

Thanks Laura! I haven't made this in several years! I don't have a full package of Hash Browns, otherwise I'd consider making it for tonight's dinner!
          th5FMLQSK5.jpg
          Jacqueline ( Sugar ) Dorer-Russell
          http:\\www.sugarssmilinpapercrafts.BlogSpot.com

"I miss the me I was when you were here"

Comment

Working...
          X