Bread recipes using all purpose?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bread recipes using all purpose?

I run across them, but does anyone have some you tested yourself? I can make tortillas and other flat breads and I'm pretty sure foccacia would be okay. What about a loaf bread? Anything?
    "People were created to be loved. Things were created to be used. The reason why the world is in chaos is because things are being loved and people are being used"― Dalai Lama XIV

I have made no-knead bread several times with all purpose flour with good results. I use this recipe from Jenny Jones: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I0t8ZAhb8lQ
    Michele

to the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world...

Comment

I'll go dig out some of the ones from my bread machine book. I love that thing.
      Be who you are and say what you feel
      because those who mind don't matter,
      and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss

http://www.toggpine.wordpress.com

Comment

I never use bread flour....always the regular stuff and it turns out fine. I made a loaf last week in the bread machine and it was fabulous!
        pat.

No rain....no rainbows!

sigpic

If you can't be nice.....BE QUIET!

Comment

Originally posted by chelea View Post
          I have made no-knead bread several times with all purpose flour with good results. I use this recipe from Jenny Jones: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I0t8ZAhb8lQ
          That was cute and the comments too. I just gave my Dutch Oven to one of my dd's.
          "People were created to be loved. Things were created to be used. The reason why the world is in chaos is because things are being loved and people are being used"― Dalai Lama XIV

Comment

Originally posted by bubba View Post
            I never use bread flour....always the regular stuff and it turns out fine. I made a loaf last week in the bread machine and it was fabulous!
            My pastry chefs would of sent me home for this. πŸ™„

Comment

I use King Arthur's All Purpose flour to make their recipes for loaf bread, rolls, buns, to re-fresh my sour dough starter, and any quick breads I make. I make using my KitchenAid mixer, do not have a bread machine. When I want to make white bread loaf, I use their Walter Sands' Basic White Bread recipe. It calls for All Purpose flour in the recipe. Comes out perfect every time.
              here is link to recipe
              https://www.kingarthurflour.com/reci...e-bread-recipe

Comment

I use all purpose in everything.
                Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Comment

Sure, all purpose flour works just fine. For a more fine textured bread, beat it at the sponge stage for 10-20 min to bring out the gluten. Kneading is the key to good bread.
                  Walk in peace with the Lord by your side.
                  Terry

Comment

I don’t make a lot of bread from scratch but I always use all purpose with good results. Flour is rather scarce in our area.
                    sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

I use Five Roses all purpose for all. Ahh, you are making me crave focaccia bread. I might have to pull out bread maker.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

Comment

I prefer all purpose. Bread flour seems to result, for me, in a very dry loaf.
                        Courtesy is not optional.

http://theeclecticabuela.blogspot.com

Comment

use gluten free plain flour here,
                          gf plain flour has no rising agents in,
                          currently no gluten free flour o dear. may try blending some dry rice grains into a powder.

here is the bread recipe have adapted for my use, there is no kneading, its too wet and sticky, so put straight into baking tins silicone moulds, straight edge pyrex dish (may want to butter and shake / tap flour around inside before adding mix to save loaf sticking) once mixed.
                          do you use cups? tried to add all measurements only use one measure with each item

3 1/2 cups - 28 fl.oz - 800ml tepid Water or can use tepid lacto free milk, but normally use water for thrift
                          12 tbsp - 3/4 cup -6 fl.oz - 177ml - 36 tsp = oil (I use x virgin olive oil)
                          2 tsp vinegar (I use white wine v)
                          4 egg whites have used 3 when my stores low. even had a split yoke hey ho these things happen

in the electric mixer bowl whisk to add air before adding above wet ingredients
                          4 tbsp - 1/4 cup - 12tsp - 2 fl.oz - 59ml Sugar
                          1 tsp Salt
                          1 kg - 2lb 2.1/2 oz plain flour
                          4 tsp yeast
                          2 tsp xanthan gum ( this gives the loaf spring, in proving stage reduces the prove to an hour, without, proving can take 2 hours)

add all wet ingredients
                          whisk all ingredients together so looks like a sponge cake mix, or whipped cream consistency
                          spoon into baking tins normally get 1 loaf from 3 serving spoons of mix,
                          mix be about 1 inch in depth from bottom of tin, add remainder of mix to 2 large cake tins.
                          in a warm room or prove in oven at 30 degrees C barely warm and wait about an hour check at around 45 minutes in case is trying to climb out of tin. I do not put anything on top as it stuck.
                          Put a heat resistant container in bottom of oven, filled to about 3/4 inch in depth with hot or warm water ( choose temperature for your safety), adjust shelves, preheat oven to 190 degrees C or 374 degrees F according to the jam thermometer.
                          normally bake for 30 minutes and check,
                          if cooked check with a knife if clean cooked if has ingredient on, bake more till implement is clean.
                          leave to cool,
                          it is important once cooled to put in a air tight container they do not last as long as gluten bread loafs.
                          enjoy

Comment

• GuitarGramma
                            GuitarGramma commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Treadler, I note that you have weights listed in both kilo and ounce. Which is the original measurement? Did you translate from ml and kilo to ounces, or from ounces to kilo/ml?

I believe that a metric teaspoon is not the same as an American teaspoon. I know that Tablespoons are different. I can't wait to try your recipe, and I'm going to pull out my old Australian conversion tables to make sure I get things right!

• 201 Treadler
                            201 Treadler commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Hi
                            the first mentioned measurement is the one converted from,
                            apart from the water, I use 800 ml water measured in a jug.

the lb is from weighing out 1kg the pointer also shows the lb side of scale as well. can photo the bright pink scales for you if that would help,
                            the pink colour was the only mechanical ones available on shelf, after my last ones flew out cupboard and landed with so much force on floor went in many parts. we decided working scales were better than none, even with the colour lol

did not know the Americans had different size baking spoons measurements.
                            whoops assumed all baking measure cups and spoons were calibrated the same. very good catch thanks for asking, sorry if confused.
                            happy baking.
                            T

Originally posted by SuzanneOrleansOntario View Post
                          I use Five Roses all purpose for all. Ahh, you are making me crave focaccia bread. I might have to pull out bread maker.
                          Me too!. I make Tyler Florence's Kalamata focaccia. It uses reg flour. I just might make that today. I have the olives, misewell lol

https://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/...recipe-1939142

Comment

• SuzanneOrleansOntario
                            SuzanneOrleansOntario commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Yum. I might give this one a try. I love the idea of caramalized onions and olives.

I make both Italian bread and regular loaf bread. Been using the all purpose flour for 50 years to do it.
                          TRUTH is seldom appreciated, unless you happen to agree with it. When you don't agree, you just call it rude.

Comment

Working...
                          X