curtains for sides of front door

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

curtains for sides of front door

ok i am trying to SEW ( not quilt!!) some side curtains. does anyone know how much wider than the window that they neet to be to scrunch up a decent amount??? two times as wide as the window or more??? any info would be appriciated!!! thanks

Re: curtains for sides of front door

2.5 minimum x the width of the window opening. if the fabric is really sheer then 3. Made so many window treatments in the homes we've been in. lol

Happy sewing.

Huggers, Ruby
    sigpic Visit my fabric shopping cart YardageALaCarte.com - PM me for a 25% Off your Total Purchase Code, just mention "The Forum" in your message. Huggers, Ruby

Comment

thank you Ruby!!!!! very much appriciated! this is my first attempt. if it goes well i will make curtains for my other rooms!! wish me luck!

Comment

I've always figured double the width of the window.

Comment

I just made curtains for my kitchen and I made them 2x the width.
          Shirley aka buckeyequilter
          I work to support a sewing habit that I don't have time for, because I work!

Comment

No less than 2X the width. I like curtains to be full so I usually do 2 1/2 times.
            *~* Myrna *~*
            *~* Quilters lead pieceful lives *~*

Comment

I like my curtains 2 1/2 times the width, unless the fabric is sheer and lightweight and then x3. It's really personal preference.
              sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

I make them at least twice as wide. More if I want more poofiness. I get sheets...they come in alot of prints and use a twin on each side of a regular size window or if I want a third panel in the middle..I use a third twin sheet. Or use queen size. I have made many curtains this way...added valances and all. Works great and they don't wrinkle!
                Cheri

www.fabricandmemories.blogspot.com

Comment

Working...
                X