Trip and Fall

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trip and Fall

I was in the woods collecting sticks for my fire..walking through long grass I did not see a couple of long branches that had crossed each other...my foot caught on them and down I went like a house of cards (only more graceful I imagine in my head...lol) apart from the initial sting everything seemed fine...just a tad sore. About 2 hours later it was very swollen so I thought I should see doc just in case. Got X-rayed and no breaks...told it was very bad sprain and the nurse put a pressure bandage on. Today lots of bruising and swelling but not a whole lot of pain.

Now I NEVER had a sprain that bruised and swelled like this one has. And the really strange thing is hardly any pain. Only time it hurts is going up and down stairs other than that it is more a dull ache. Last time (many moons ago) I sprained something the pain was unreal...

Anyone else have that happen? So weird. Doc said a least a week off work (I do LOTS of walking dogs for work) and I feel a bit guilty sitting at home with a sprained ankle when it hardly feels as bad as it looks..

Cheers
    Julie
    Maybe the most any of us can expect of ourselves isn't perfection but progress.
    Michelle Burford

Re: Trip and Fall

Originally posted by Julie Tweed View Post
    I was in the woods collecting sticks for my fire..walking through long grass I did not see a couple of long branches that had crossed each other...my foot caught on them and down I went like a house of cards (only more graceful I imagine in my head...lol) apart from the initial sting everything seemed fine...just a tad sore. About 2 hours later it was very swollen so I thought I should see doc just in case. Got X-rayed and no breaks...told it was very bad sprain and the nurse put a pressure bandage on. Today lots of bruising and swelling but not a whole lot of pain.

Now I NEVER had a sprain that bruised and swelled like this one has. And the really strange thing is hardly any pain. Only time it hurts is going up and down stairs other than that it is more a dull ache. Last time (many moons ago) I sprained something the pain was unreal...

Anyone else have that happen? So weird. Doc said a least a week off work (I do LOTS of walking dogs for work) and I feel a bit guilty sitting at home with a sprained ankle when it hardly feels as bad as it looks..

Cheers
    Julie
    . Is today the day for lady quilters to trip and bruise themselves all up? Happened to me a couple of hours ago! Hope you enjoy a few day of rest!

Comment

I am wondering why I don't have a seat belt on my computer chair.
      Sometimes, when there's a raging fire,
      it's best not to try to put it out with gasoline.

"...pal carajo con la negatividad..."

Comment

I'm glad it's 9.00 pm and I'm close to my bed. God luck to all of you trippers and quilting ladies. Hope you all have a quick recovery.

Michèle
        sigpicgreetings from the Grand Duchy of Luxembourg

Michèle

Comment

Been there! i have a knee that will buckle without warning. usually I just stumble, but a couple months ago i did fall.
          In public.
          with witnesses. (embarrassed me, scared the c**p out of them)
          ended up with a broken toe.
          “What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world, is and remains immortal.”

― Albert Pine

Comment

Originally posted by Sandy Navas View Post
            Wondering if a bicycle helmet would help too.
            K is for Karen 😊​..................
            Cremation - My last hope for a smokin' hot body.

Before you speak,
            T - is it TRUE?
            H - is it HELPFUL?
            I - is it INSPIRING?
            N - is it NECESSARY?
            K - is it KIND?

Comment

Julie - maybe the dtr thinks its the kind of sprain that if you do too much with it that it will make it worse.
              Just don't do what Jean has done and sit in the chair in front of the computer.

Hugs,
              http://www.flickr.com/photos/quiltsbytrish
              http://quiltdreaming.blogspot.com
              http://pinterest.com/TrishLapp

What if you woke up today and the only things you had were the things you thanked God for yesterday? :icon_hug:quilting trish

Comment

Originally posted by Sandy Navas View Post
                LOL! Sandy, you said in the "Friday" post that you didn't think you were truly missed when you didn't check in for a few days. You've got to be kidding! You are the life of the party! I missed you. I even checked your profile page to see if you had been online. You just keep checking in on us and brightening our days...
                Bec

Comment

Glad to hear that nothing is broken, but please obey the Dr's wishes and stay off of it for awhile. It might not look or feel that bad, but he/she probably knows best.

Comment

Originally posted by Julie Tweed View Post

Cheers
                    Julie
                    Hope your ankle gets better real soon. Haven't done this to my ankles yet but I'm now walking pretty normal after having a broken toe.
                    TODAY IS A GOOD DAY...TO HAVE A GOOD DAY...Genny

Comment

Originally posted by Jean Sewing Machine View Post
                      . Is today the day for lady quilters to trip and bruise themselves all up? Happened to me a couple of hours ago! Hope you enjoy a few day of rest!
                      Like I said on Jean's post... must be something in the air. I think it is time to stay off my feet and just watch tv! And it isn't even a Friday the 13th!
                      Donna
                      MSQC: Where Strangers become Friends and Friends become Family!

"The soul would have no rainbows, if the eyes had no tears."native American wisdom

sigpic

Comment

Glad to hear that all is well, hope it heals up quickly. I was going to go clean my sewing room.....but I might just sit on the couch and read.
                        Shirley aka buckeyequilter
                        I work to support a sewing habit that I don't have time for, because I work!

Comment

Holy cow stay off that sucker!! Interesting thing...Sprains are WORSE than breaks when it comes to healing. WHO KNEW?!?! Oh yeah um maybe me since I've sprained and broken my ankle so many times. I don't even have brittle bones, I'm just...um....not coordinated. lol. The more you do the more it will swell and ache and the less it will be able to efficiently heal!! I know it sucks being laid up, but take it from klutzomatic (tho today I seem to have some stiff competition for that title), stay off that thing and let the body work it's magic!!!!

Comment

OMG! Barb and I have claimed the Titles of Klutzes, we are not allowing any others to join in on the party.

Now (((Julie))) a big hug to you as well and you're to stay of the foot as well. I broke my foot in two places and had a cast on it for 8 weeks. Seems like everyone was aiming for my foot! Especially large bodied folks, for some reason. lol Then two weeks later I had a blood clod in my lung and ended up in the hospital for two weeks. Please be careful, make sure you elevate your foot, take care of yourself. If you feel like an elephant is sitting on your chest, go to the ER right away! 'Cause it is!!

Now for everyone who is reading this...Go to your stationary sofas, sit down, strap yourselfs down, do not move, make sure you went to the potty before this (sorry should have wrote that one down first), have the remote within reach, no needles, sharp objects near you 'till tomorrow morning. This group has some bad mojo going on. (Looking wide eyed around the room as she's typing, sitting securely in stationary sofy, strapped in her seat)

Huggers, Ruby
                            sigpic Visit my fabric shopping cart YardageALaCarte.com - PM me for a 25% Off your Total Purchase Code, just mention "The Forum" in your message. Huggers, Ruby

Comment

Really kinda scary all this tripping and falling going on. Do as the doc says, he has the medical degree, not you. I have been in a post op shoe for over 3 weeks because he 'thinks' I broke a bone in my foot. Following docs orders, even tho it doesn't seem to be helping a whole lot. You all have me half scared to leave the house today. **** sure not going down any stairs, or near the woods. Be safe and careful out there all you quilting ladies.
                              Blankets wrap you in warmth, quilts wrap you in love

Marilyn......
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X