What's your favorite meal?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What's your favorite meal?

As I'm about to whip up some pancakes and serve them with real maple syrup with sausages on the side, I was wondering, what's your favorite meal? I think mine is filet mignon, medium rare, garlic mashed potatoes, crusty french bread and baked asparagus with parmesan cheese. Add a warm piece of homemade apple pie for dessert and that's what I call heaven on earth!
    Cyndi

“Have courage for the great sorrows of life and patience for the small ones; and when you have laboriously accomplished your daily task, go to sleep in peace. God is awake.” - Victor Hugo

Re: What's your favorite meal?

Åh I love Spagetthie and meatsauce, Chicken soup, Meatloaf and pot and sauce. ... I love food!!
    sigpic

God, Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
    The stash to make a quilt to help me cope,
    A quilt to give to comfort those I love in times of hurt, fear and uncertainty.
    And the courage to keep on sewing when life itself seems held together by a single thread of hope.

Comment

I think mine has to Maryland Steamed crabs, corn on the cobb !!!, but if your talking just dinner food I love Chicken and Dumplings, meatloaf or pork loin and mashed potatoes. I guess I am a country girl in a city life LOL
      Debbie

And Sew on And Sew on

Comment

Mine is spaghetti and pull-apart bread.
        Shirley aka buckeyequilter
        I work to support a sewing habit that I don't have time for, because I work!

Comment

Almost anything that I don't have to cook or clean up after!
          Be who you are and say what you feel
          because those who mind don't matter,
          and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss

http://www.toggpine.wordpress.com

Comment

Toss up between Turkey and all the traditonal trimmings or french toast....love Christmas...get them both in one day!
            sigpic
            Old quilters never die, they just go batty!

Your Canadian quilting sister, Shauna

Comment

Originally posted by toggpine View Post
              Almost anything that I don't have to cook or clean up after!
              You beat me to it. I was going to say the one someone else prepares.
              K is for Karen 😊​..................
              Cremation - My last hope for a smokin' hot body.

Before you speak,
              T - is it TRUE?
              H - is it HELPFUL?
              I - is it INSPIRING?
              N - is it NECESSARY?
              K - is it KIND?

Comment

My whole family's favorite is shephards pie. My favorite dessert is brownie sundae; can't get enough.
                ;)Nancy

I got a sewing machine for my husband. Good trade, huh!?!

Comment

Beef stroganoff and egg noodles. It was my late husband's favorite meal, and we all loved it too. There wouldn't be one drop of gravy left after we ate, we sopped it up with bread. Yum yum, I haven't made it in years.

Comment

I'm with Karen and Toggpine! But my absolute favorite meal is chicken and dumplings with more dumplings than chicken!
                    *~* Myrna *~*
                    *~* Quilters lead pieceful lives *~*

Comment

for breakfast definatly french toast!!!!! lunch would have to be a grilled cheese with tomato soup to dunk it in.. and dinner is my moms fried chicken! and thanks for making me think about food. now im off to make french toast for my dinner!!!! ( which would NEVER happen except my hubby on nights right now and is at work!!!!)

Comment

Bar-b-que'd pork ribs from Goochey Goo's in Savannah, MO. I LOVE bar-b-que'd ribs but the very best I've ever had were at this little place about 7 miles from our house . . . and I've eaten ribs around the world. I could eat ribs every day of the year and don't care if I have anything else with them 'ceptin' a nice icy cold draft beer to wash them down.

Other than that it's a dinner from my childhood - Momma's fried catfish, homemade cold slaw, cold pork 'n' beans, and cottage cheese.

Oh . . . I can always pass by on the desserts so just fix something savory. Can I just say I love food?
                        Sometimes, when there's a raging fire,
                        it's best not to try to put it out with gasoline.

"...pal carajo con la negatividad..."

Comment

Either my mom's pork and sauerkraut or homemade split pea soup with lots of ham in it. I've made them myself (using mom's recipes) but when I visit her they still taste better when she makes them!
                          Dawn
                          A bed without a quilt is like a sky without stars.

Comment

Wow, this is a toughey! I love food in general, so my absolute favorite dinner would be mom's roast beef, mashed taters, gravy, and buttery lima beans. My second choice would be gooey homemade lasagna, a nice green salad, and warm, soft garlicky garlic bread. OMG, I'm laying in bed typing this, ready to turn out the light and turn over for the night and now I'm thinking about seeing what might be in the frig!!!! I knew this site was a baaaadddddd influence on the wallet, but now it is on the waistline too!!!! lol
                            A fat quarter is NOT a body part!! :D

~Karen in PA~

Comment

@ Sandy Navas... Is Savannah, MO and your favorite rib joint anywhere near I-44? I live in PA, but we travel to Tulsa, OKLA every now and then, and we love ribs too. If it's not too far thought DH and I would stop and try them next time we are thru there, which could very possibly be this summer (after tornado season).
                              A fat quarter is NOT a body part!! :D

~Karen in PA~

Comment

Working...
                              X