This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My mom's passing

This is a note to all of you out there who wrote me and told me they were sending up prayers for my mom and me. Thank you so much for being there for mom and me and my sisters too. My mom passed away Easter evening at about 8pm central time. On the up side she is now with Jesus and sent us a new baby boy for my niece, Melissa. This is her first baby. So the Lord may take away but He gives, too. Baby Miller has no name yet, what is Melissa thinking about for those 9 months. She knew what she was having but wouldn't tell anyone else for a long time.
    Again, thank you and God bless you abundantly as you don't know me or my family members.
    Peace and blessings,
    Vicki

Re: My mom's passing

I'm sorry for your loss, Vicki.
    Losing your mom isn't easy, even when you know it's coming. Mine died in 2000 and I still miss her, but it doesn't hurt like it did. Hang in there, it does get easier with time.
    K is for Karen 😊​..................
    Cremation - My last hope for a smokin' hot body.

Before you speak,
    T - is it TRUE?
    H - is it HELPFUL?
    I - is it INSPIRING?
    N - is it NECESSARY?
    K - is it KIND?

Comment

So very sorry to hear of your mom's passing. You have my deepest sympathy. So glad for the new baby, a loss but a new life on Easter Sunday!

Comment

Hang in there Vicki. I too have lost my mother in 2003. I miss her everyday and I always tell her good morning as her picture is on my dresser along with one of my daddy who I lost a year and a half ago. As Karen says it does get easier with time. Peace and blessings be with you.
        LIVE well, LAUGH often, LOVE much

Hugs, Pat

Comment

Dear Vicki, Been thinking of you - so sorry to hear of your mom's passing. My sympathy and prayers are with you. Love, Linda

Comment

My sympathy and prayers to you Vicky with your loss of your Mom. I too loss my Mom in 1999 and miss her every day. It does become easier and the memories of good times out way the bad. Your Mom is with God without pain and He's blessed your family with a wonderful new baby. What joy he will bring. Now what name will he have?

Hugs, Ruby
            sigpic Visit my fabric shopping cart YardageALaCarte.com - PM me for a 25% Off your Total Purchase Code, just mention "The Forum" in your message. Huggers, Ruby

Comment

Vicki, I'm so sorry about your mom. I pray comfort for you and your family. I know how hard it is--my mom passed just before Christmas this past year. Sometimes I get up in the morning and think about her being gone. It doesn't seem real. I get heavy hearted, but then give thanks that she is no longer suffering, and her mind is whole again. May God give your strength in the upcoming days.
              When life throws you scraps, make a quilt! :icon_bigsmile:

Comment

I am sorry to hear about your mother passing, my prayers are with your family.

Comment

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. To lose a soul and gain another at the same time is certainly emotional. Congratulations on the new baby.
                  If you can't see it from 50 yards away on a galloping horse, it doesn't matter.

Follow my quilting adventures at Quilting Foote

Come join all the fun in our Farmer's Granddaughter Quilt Along!

Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things. (I totally ripped this off from S)

Comment

I'm so sorry for your loss. With time I hope the pain will ease and you'l be able to embrace just the good memories of her.
                    If you could choose to be anything choose kindness.

Visit my Flickr page, sewing and cakes!
                    http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/

www.pinterest.com/cathyfiebe/boards

Comment

Vicki, I lost my mom in 2007 and I miss her everyday. Sincere sympathies on your loss. Your memories will help you through this most difficult time.

My DIL lost her Nana this morning.
                      Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Comment

Hugs of comfort to you and your family Vicki.... a new little soul arriving is very special at this time i'm sure...
                        "Each day well-lived and Happy;
                        that's all there is to Life!"

Comment

Lots and lots of love to you and your family. <3

Comment

Vicki, you and your family will continue to be in my prayers. I lost my mom suddenly four years ago. Time does truly help and the good memories will help carry you through. Congratulations on the new baby in the family. He's wonderful proof that life goes on.
                            *~* Myrna *~*
                            *~* Quilters lead pieceful lives *~*

Comment

So sorry for you and your family. May God be with you all.
                              Gayle

Comment

Working...
                              X