It's Tuesday!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's Tuesday!!

Good morning everyone. Yesterday was another beautiful day outside. Sunshine and warm for this time of year. I guess it is the calm before the storm, as we are expecting more snow again tomorrow. I am not sure how much will fall but let's hope it isn't much.

There was a wide spread power outage yesterday around these parts. Thankfully it wasn't cold out. We were out for about 3-4 hours in total. I took my big quilt over to the community centre only to discover that the backing isn't big enough. UGH!! So I will have to add to it. What a PITA!!! So I worked at sewing the binding down on the other quilt that I have been putting off. It was a good time as I couldn't do anything else.

Today is Guild but I haven't decided if I am going or not. My heart just isn't in it anymore. I don't expect to renew my membership for next year. This summer is our Quilt Show. We shall see a little later.

Have a wonderful day my friends.
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Re: It's Tuesday!!

Good morning Monique and all who follow,
    Today we have sunshine again, we are hoping to make some bread today, perhaps will happen tomorrow. think must of used all spoons yesterday.
    sending hugs,
    managed to do my 1 simple daily task set self, so am happy, what will happen, will happen, and whats to do, will still be to do.
    Have a great day
    T

Comment

Good morning! Weather is all over the place here. It's supposed to get up to 50 today and maybe snow tomorrow. I've got a guild project quilt to put on the frame, but I have to find a backing first. I'll go through my donation quilt stash today looking for something to use.
      Our guild is making quilts for the county library to use as prizes for their reading programs. The first one is a book quilt similar to the pic below. It's ready for quilting. The next one will be a bookcase quilt.

book quilt.jpg
      *~* Myrna *~*
      *~* Quilters lead pieceful lives *~*

Comment

Good Morning All,

J will be here shortly. I've been sitting here saying a prayer for little Wesley. I remember how hard is was to send Mike back into surgery 31 years ago. The waiting was horrible.

This afternoon, I'll probably work on Dot's quilt to keep my hands busy. My mind was in so many places last night, I should probably just go ahead and plan on taking a nap!

We had sausage gravy, biscuits and eggs for dinner last night. I'd found a King Cake, but didn't see the label. I couldn't even eat it. Dag gum. We'd always had the cinnamon and sugar filling when parents brought them to school, I was shocked to see this was filled with strawberries and cheese. Jim's taking the rest of it to his chemistry students... baking is chemistry, right?

I need more coffee, before short stuff gets here.

Have a wonderful day!
        Katrina

“Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.”
        ― Maya Angelou

Comment

Good Morning, Everyone ~ It's 28 deg. & may not get above 30 today. I need to run out to Walmart for 2 Rx's. My new glucose meter & strips are in. Now a learning curve to use the new meter.

Yest. was the usual Mon. laundry. I did some hand sewing on the hanging sleeve. The hand sewing has to be done in small increments due arthritis in my hands. I still have discomfort in the area of my carpal tunnel surgery. I think it's always going to bother me.

Prayers for Baby Wesley as he undergoes treatment today. Hang in there, Katrina.

Comment

Good morning. Rain and 51 here today. I sewed a few blocks yesterday until I was not sewing a straight line. I had 2 dogs wanting my attention. I have PT later this morning and I am getting my new orthotics. I hope these fit. They were $$$.
            I should be able to sew a few more blocks this afternoon if the animals cooperate.

Happy Fat Tuesday.

Beth

Comment

Good morning all,

Katrina, praying for the little one and his family.

Joy, my manager from work suffers terribly from arthritis. She told me when recently that she has discovered hemp oil, and it helped a lot. She is also taking a type of hemp that is added to water. She said she has been able to cut down on the amount of Advil that she normally takes every day.

Lately the birds have been chirping in the morning. I hope that's a sign spring will soon be here. Our temps will only be in the teens the next several days, but I see it should hit the high 30's in about 10 days.

The only thing I've been doing regarding sewing is working on some hexis. After some try-outs, I've finally decided to use my Asian fabrics. I'm using a variety of lighter colors in the centers, and a darker one for the back that comes up over the sides. I had ordered the QAYG templates from M*, but instead of the one Jenny uses in the demo, I ordered the set that comes with 3 different shapes to make a flower/star. If you search for QAYG, you'll see the two different sets M* offers. The hexi template I'm using says 1 3/4 on it. It's been relaxing to do while taking a break from the kitchen "refreshing".

That's it for me. Have a blessed day everyone.
              Jeanne

Comment

AHAH. I finally found the NEW TOPIC button and now I think I might be able to navigate this site. I'm going to try in the morning to make a post

Comment

Working...
                X