Welcome Monday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Welcome Monday

Good morning friends. What a lovely weekend we had, weatherwise. Yesterday was so beautiful that I headed out twice for walks. Once in the morning and once in the afternoon. I do have a sore spot in the middle of my right cheek, gluteus maximus maybe? In any case, I got exercise and fresh air. I really didn't do anything in the sewing room. Hubby works today so I am left to my own devices. Not sure what today will bring just yet.

Have a wonderful day friends.

Suzanne, have a wonderful time at retreat. One of these days, we will end up there together.
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Re: Welcome Monday

Good Morning Monique and those who follow.

I was snug as a bug in my bed, looked at the clock and decided I had a few more minutes. I closed my eyes and next thing I know an hour had passed. I'm still up in time and will have at least 1 cup of coffee before J gets here for home school.

I think the curiosity about the batteries has gotten to me (and Mike) we both checked the Tesla App while we were supposed to be paying attention to other things yesterday. It was kind of neat seeing how much energy the house was using while Gabby napped, and the solar panels collected the sun's rays, and the batteries recharged. Yesterday, we had 98% of our usage from the solar, I haven't figured out how to tell how much went back to JEA yet. I bet Mike will.

Mike got home yesterday before I did. Jim and Morgan had home group right after church, but forgot to tell me. It was almost 2:30 before I got home (and Jim left to take me before everything got cleaned up, too). Mike said Gabby was glad to see him come home, but sat at the door and whined when I wasn't with him. She was glad to see me when we finally made it home!

I did manage to make a few rows on Dot's afghan last night. I guess this afternoon, I'll finish up the baby quilt and figure out how to get it to baby Wesley Michael.

My BIL, will be here early March. I guess I need to clean house before he gets here. Yuck... I guess spring cleaning is coming whether I like it or not.

Have a great day!
    Katrina

“Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.”
    ― Maya Angelou

Comment

Happy Monday, Everyone!

It's back to work this morning. Looks like the last of our fair weather will be leaving us this afternoon. There is rain and/or snow in the forecast every day for the rest of this week.

I spent some quality time in the sewing room on Saturday. I needed that! Dealing the with Mom's banks on Friday was a pain. I had a good care team meeting at Mom's facility. They said she sits too much; I said stop parking her places without access to her walker. She will walk if she has it. Mom & I had a good visit on Friday. She was sad yesterday, but perked up a bit before I left. There is a new resident who wanders into the rooms and Mom does not like that -- especially when it is her room!

I'd best get a move on and get ready for work. Have a great day!

Comment

Good Morning, Everyone ~ Our snow yest. was a no show, except for a few brief flurries. By afternoon, the temp. was up to 50. A LOT of snow has melted over the past few days. Glad to see it going. Of course, winter is not over. Our snowiest month (March) still is ahead of us.

I came right home after church yest. In the afternoon I worked on my Bible study lesson, then made it to the sewing room. The panel baby quilt top with borders is done. I cut strips for binding & fabric for the backing. I had strips left from when I trimmed the last baby quilt using that fabric, so I had almost enough from those, except for 1 cut of WOF. Maybe today I can get the strips sewn together & the quilt sandwiched & basted.

DH said he had a nightmare last night. He dreamed I brought home a snake from the pet store; it was 8 ft. long & 3" wide. In his dream he told me, either the snake goes or I go. Oh my goodness, a snake is the very last thing I ever would buy! I hate snakes! Our minds sure do crazy things while we sleep. Who knows where these weird dreams come from?!

Well, it's on with the day. DH's breakfast is next, then I'll get the laundry started.

Comment

Good Morning, Another rainy day here. I need to grocery shop and Jeff wants to take me. That means we will spend way too much on snacks.

It’s a new week and I’m going to try to make it productive and fun.

The Girls are still sleeping after their early morning walk. They came in soaking wet and had to be blown dry before they could get into their beds. We expect rain today and snow starting tomorrow. Winter is really hanging on.

Tonight I will make a big pot of beef stew so we will have some leftovers for later this week. I may even bake some bread.

Have a good day everyone...hugs.
          sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

Good morning everyone. Hope Suzanne has a safe and relaxing trip for her retreat. Katrina, it's amazing how quickly Gabby bonded with you. So glad you found each other. I bet you watch that app for a while.

I took a day off work today. I need to go to dentist in a few hours for a crown. After that, I hope to get my nails done, then come home and quilt. I have a table runner to finish for my SIL. I have had it over a month, but I think I finally decided what to do with it. After that, my brother's quilt will,finally go on the frame. It will be just E2E, so I just need to pick an allover design. I will be thrilled if I get that much done.

This past weekend was busy with the day trip to Austin for QuiltCon, the modern quilt show on Saturday. Yesterday was a retirement luncheon for a friend. Another friend came home with me afterwards and helped me hang some pictures on the wall. I've been in this house 3 years, and can never decide what to put on walls.

Hope you all are blessed with a great day today.

Comment

Hi Friends
              Yesterday we went out for low items, it was a fine sunny day, due to time and closing it was a rush. But was great to get out in sunshine.
              over night it snowed,looked on a few webcams to see the weather conditions around the county https://www.mylocalweather.org.uk/tanhill/
              somehow while looking about got taken to youtube one thing leads to another, went on many train rides, over Stainmore, the golden line Whitby, all no longer exist, well except the gromont to pickering, am amazed at the content, quilt tuts one minute to bygone steam to diy solutions.

today is a totally different day, we waited until the snow departed, for errands, our route had a deep lake so we went another route, that had lakes but not as deep, on coming back the lake turned into a running flow of water, the water was coming out of a drain in road, running down to return to source, thankfully know this road so knew if safe or not, we got home slightly cleaner, the boys were waiting for us, seemed very happy for our return. nothing like a nice hot cuppa to sit down with a purring lad.
              Wishing safe travels, happy sewing journeys, keep warm wishes, and a creative day in whatever you do.
              have fun
              T

Comment

Treadler ~ What are "low items"? Just curious.

Comment

Good evening,
                  Day 1 of retreat is coming to a close. We got an early start and it was a very nice drive. We started sewing by mid-morning. I got my first quilt top finished. It will be for mom. Dorothy also got her big block flannel top done.

image.jpg

Tomorow I will work on DH's flannel UFO quilt, and fox his mistakes.

Night night.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

Comment

Joy I am guessing low items are things like bread and milk or just groceries you are low on? I think??

Comment

Originally posted by jjkaiser View Post
                      Joy I am guessing low items are things like bread and milk or just groceries you are low on? I think??
                      I wondered too...but this explanation makes perfect sense!

Comment

Hi friends, yes your right, food items low on,
                        here its the gluten free baking supplies gf flour, Lf milk, cat food ect. , eggs, that get low on.
                        the Lacto free milk has been out of stock for last couple of times.
                        sorry for confusion
                        T

Comment

Working...
                        X