X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Claire Hallman
    replied
    Re: Good Sunday Morning

Retreats are great for the soul. I hope yours is wonderful.

Leave a comment:

• KPH
    replied

Originally posted by SuzanneOrleansOntario View Post
    Ready or not, here I come. I packed and loaded all the food, sewing stuff, clothes and snowshoes in the car. Tomorrow morning, I will load the frozen & fresh food and I'm off to pick up Dorothy early.

I visited mom and she thought I had been away last week. She thinks I have nothing to do but go see her. I told her that I had been helping my daughter. I also made more dessert to bring 'pete de soeurs' - basically pie dough crust smothered in soft butter, brown sugar on top and roll tight. Then cut in 1/2" slices and bake at 400 for 15-20 mins. Yumm. I also made two banana choc chip, raisin & cranberry loaves for DH.

I may not have reliable Wi-Fi, so I'll try & check in. I do want to check the Daily Deal. I'm a bit addicted to my morning routine.

Good evening.
    Have a great time!

Leave a comment:

• SuzanneOrleansOntario
    replied

Ready or not, here I come. I packed and loaded all the food, sewing stuff, clothes and snowshoes in the car. Tomorrow morning, I will load the frozen & fresh food and I'm off to pick up Dorothy early.

I visited mom and she thought I had been away last week. She thinks I have nothing to do but go see her. I told her that I had been helping my daughter. I also made more dessert to bring 'pete de soeurs' - basically pie dough crust smothered in soft butter, brown sugar on top and roll tight. Then cut in 1/2" slices and bake at 400 for 15-20 mins. Yumm. I also made two banana choc chip, raisin & cranberry loaves for DH.

I may not have reliable Wi-Fi, so I'll try & check in. I do want to check the Daily Deal. I'm a bit addicted to my morning routine.

Good evening.

Leave a comment:

• Rhonda K
    replied

Good afternoon,

I've been painting a new mailbox post and working in the front garden all day. It will be a short spring here. Temps in the mid 70's today with a nice breeze. Last week they were already in the high 80's. Better get those house projects done quick!

The poppins bag is finished along with a small zipper bag. These are for my DD to take as a gift to a luncheon next week. All is well in my stitching world.

Suzanne, Your retreat sounds like a fun time. Hope you get to stitch and relax!

Leave a comment:

• Bubby
    replied

Hello Everyone. It is supposed to start raining soon so Jeff is putting some things away in the garage. They say we will get 2-3 inches. This is not what we need.

I’m lazy today. No energy for sewing or anything else. I think the pills I’m taking for my allergies cause me to feel nauseous and sluggish. I have a simple menu planned for our dinner.

Wishing everyone a restful Sunday.

Leave a comment:

• BarbaraB
    replied

Good Morning!

It's another sunny day here and it should warm up to the mid-forties. I hope that groundhog was right this time and we get an early spring. The birds are chirping in the mornings now, and I heard a woodpecker today while I was on my morning walk.

I got busy right away and started cutting out the fabric for my latest victim...Old Mill Path. Yesterday I cut enough for two blocks, and it was like I was using someone else's hands. But today it is going much better and I don't feel like I'm in danger of lopping off a finger. So far I've got enough for 20 blocks. Since it's a quilt with more pressing than sewing - the way I'm doing it at least - it'll keep me busy for a while. The blocks that I made yesterday came out well though.

This afternoon hubby and I will do our usual walk with the dogs and then it's time to settle down with the manual for some software that I purchased for embroidery. My goal is that in six months I'll be able to digitize my own quilting designs. Tech manual, computer, coffee.....it's a little piece of heaven for me.

Time for lunch...oh yay more leftovers....I hope you all have a wonderful day!!

Leave a comment:

• baslp
    replied

Good morning. It will be a nice day here. The dogs and I have already been outside on our deck enjoying the sunshine. I finished sewing the binding on my quilt. I started that quilt back in August. Now myDD can give it to her friend.
    Yesterday I also started cutting the fabric for my next quilt. I am using the fabric line called Spirited by Art Gallery. I should have all the pieces cut by tonight.

Have a good day.
    Beth

Leave a comment:

• SuzanneOrleansOntario
    replied

Good morning everyone,

Sunny and warming up. The roads were wet & messy yesterday, so forget trying to keep the car clean. I try to wash it often as the road salt is not good for cars. DH is getting antsy, not being able to drive and limited with his activities. I told him he could use the snowblower this week as we are expecting at least 8" of snow. He was so happy that I've lifted some restrictions. I also told him he should start planning a road trip once he gets new RX.

Yesterday I got all the veggies and packed up food & part of sewing room for retreat. I don't want to bring too many projects. I find I don't sew as much as I think I will. I am learning. We also went out to dinner with neighbours. We enjoy going to that steakhouse, but we usually go mid-week. It was really noisy and packed. Lots of birthdays and celebrations. Another lesson learned.

Today, pack, pack pack and visit mom.

Have an enjoyable day.

Leave a comment:

• JCY
    replied

Good Morning, Everyone ~ Katrina, you're the early bird today. I hope you enjoy the benefit of those solar panels. Our neighbors had them installed several mos. ago.

Wow, we had a heat wave -- the usual warm before the storm -- although the storm hasn't arrived yet. It was 62 deg. yest. & so balmy. Still mild this a.m. at 40 deg. We're supposed to have rain or snow today, about 1/2".

I did not make it to the sewing room yest. I cooked up DH's Anasazi beans & did laundry. Today will be church.

Leave a comment:

• KPH
    started a topic Good Sunday Morning

Good Sunday Morning

Good Morning Everyone,

The sun is starting to shine. Yesterday, the batteries charged fully and 74% of our power usage was made from the solar panels. Not too bad, since the heat ran all night long! I will probably start running the dishwasher during the day, now.

The guy that was supposed to do Jim's interview on Friday, never contacted him. I didn't have any little kiddos. I did work on Dot's afghan. It completely covers my lap now. I can see being able to finish it, before Christmas.

Dot called yesterday. There's a new baby in the family, Wesley Michael, 9 lbs. 2 oz. and 21" long. It's one of Howard's younger cousin's first grandchild. I guess I need to make another baby quilt (or finish the one that just needs binding).

Time to finish my coffee and get ready for church. Have a great day!
Working...
X