Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good Sunday Morning

Good Morning Everyone,

The sun is starting to shine. Yesterday, the batteries charged fully and 74% of our power usage was made from the solar panels. Not too bad, since the heat ran all night long! I will probably start running the dishwasher during the day, now.

The guy that was supposed to do Jim's interview on Friday, never contacted him. I didn't have any little kiddos. I did work on Dot's afghan. It completely covers my lap now. I can see being able to finish it, before Christmas.

Dot called yesterday. There's a new baby in the family, Wesley Michael, 9 lbs. 2 oz. and 21" long. It's one of Howard's younger cousin's first grandchild. I guess I need to make another baby quilt (or finish the one that just needs binding).

Time to finish my coffee and get ready for church. Have a great day!
    Katrina

“Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.”
    ― Maya Angelou

Re: Good Sunday Morning

Good Morning, Everyone ~ Katrina, you're the early bird today. I hope you enjoy the benefit of those solar panels. Our neighbors had them installed several mos. ago.

Wow, we had a heat wave -- the usual warm before the storm -- although the storm hasn't arrived yet. It was 62 deg. yest. & so balmy. Still mild this a.m. at 40 deg. We're supposed to have rain or snow today, about 1/2".

I did not make it to the sewing room yest. I cooked up DH's Anasazi beans & did laundry. Today will be church.

Comment

Good morning everyone,

Sunny and warming up. The roads were wet & messy yesterday, so forget trying to keep the car clean. I try to wash it often as the road salt is not good for cars. DH is getting antsy, not being able to drive and limited with his activities. I told him he could use the snowblower this week as we are expecting at least 8" of snow. He was so happy that I've lifted some restrictions. I also told him he should start planning a road trip once he gets new RX.

Yesterday I got all the veggies and packed up food & part of sewing room for retreat. I don't want to bring too many projects. I find I don't sew as much as I think I will. I am learning. We also went out to dinner with neighbours. We enjoy going to that steakhouse, but we usually go mid-week. It was really noisy and packed. Lots of birthdays and celebrations. Another lesson learned.

Today, pack, pack pack and visit mom.

Have an enjoyable day.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

Comment

Good morning. It will be a nice day here. The dogs and I have already been outside on our deck enjoying the sunshine. I finished sewing the binding on my quilt. I started that quilt back in August. Now myDD can give it to her friend.
        Yesterday I also started cutting the fabric for my next quilt. I am using the fabric line called Spirited by Art Gallery. I should have all the pieces cut by tonight.

Have a good day.
        Beth

Comment

Good Morning!

It's another sunny day here and it should warm up to the mid-forties. I hope that groundhog was right this time and we get an early spring. The birds are chirping in the mornings now, and I heard a woodpecker today while I was on my morning walk.

I got busy right away and started cutting out the fabric for my latest victim...Old Mill Path. Yesterday I cut enough for two blocks, and it was like I was using someone else's hands. But today it is going much better and I don't feel like I'm in danger of lopping off a finger. So far I've got enough for 20 blocks. Since it's a quilt with more pressing than sewing - the way I'm doing it at least - it'll keep me busy for a while. The blocks that I made yesterday came out well though.

This afternoon hubby and I will do our usual walk with the dogs and then it's time to settle down with the manual for some software that I purchased for embroidery. My goal is that in six months I'll be able to digitize my own quilting designs. Tech manual, computer, coffee.....it's a little piece of heaven for me.

Time for lunch...oh yay more leftovers....I hope you all have a wonderful day!!
          Barbara

Comment

Hello Everyone. It is supposed to start raining soon so Jeff is putting some things away in the garage. They say we will get 2-3 inches. This is not what we need.

I’m lazy today. No energy for sewing or anything else. I think the pills I’m taking for my allergies cause me to feel nauseous and sluggish. I have a simple menu planned for our dinner.

Wishing everyone a restful Sunday.
            sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

Good afternoon,

I've been painting a new mailbox post and working in the front garden all day. It will be a short spring here. Temps in the mid 70's today with a nice breeze. Last week they were already in the high 80's. Better get those house projects done quick!

The poppins bag is finished along with a small zipper bag. These are for my DD to take as a gift to a luncheon next week. All is well in my stitching world.

Suzanne, Your retreat sounds like a fun time. Hope you get to stitch and relax!

Comment

Ready or not, here I come. I packed and loaded all the food, sewing stuff, clothes and snowshoes in the car. Tomorrow morning, I will load the frozen & fresh food and I'm off to pick up Dorothy early.

I visited mom and she thought I had been away last week. She thinks I have nothing to do but go see her. I told her that I had been helping my daughter. I also made more dessert to bring 'pete de soeurs' - basically pie dough crust smothered in soft butter, brown sugar on top and roll tight. Then cut in 1/2" slices and bake at 400 for 15-20 mins. Yumm. I also made two banana choc chip, raisin & cranberry loaves for DH.

I may not have reliable Wi-Fi, so I'll try & check in. I do want to check the Daily Deal. I'm a bit addicted to my morning routine.

Good evening.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

Comment

Originally posted by SuzanneOrleansOntario View Post
                  Ready or not, here I come. I packed and loaded all the food, sewing stuff, clothes and snowshoes in the car. Tomorrow morning, I will load the frozen & fresh food and I'm off to pick up Dorothy early.

I visited mom and she thought I had been away last week. She thinks I have nothing to do but go see her. I told her that I had been helping my daughter. I also made more dessert to bring 'pete de soeurs' - basically pie dough crust smothered in soft butter, brown sugar on top and roll tight. Then cut in 1/2" slices and bake at 400 for 15-20 mins. Yumm. I also made two banana choc chip, raisin & cranberry loaves for DH.

I may not have reliable Wi-Fi, so I'll try & check in. I do want to check the Daily Deal. I'm a bit addicted to my morning routine.

Good evening.
                  Have a great time!
                  Katrina

“Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.”
                  ― Maya Angelou

Comment

Retreats are great for the soul. I hope yours is wonderful.

Comment

Working...
                    X