Saturday Morning Hellos! :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Saturday Morning Hellos! :)

Good Morning, Everyone ~ I'm a few min. earlier than usual this a.m. I woke up before the alarm went off. I logged in yest. eve., but the Forum wasn't available. Glad to see it's back up this a.m.

It's a mild morning; it's already 48 deg., which is warmer than when I went to bed last night. We had a balmy 58 deg. yest. & sunny all day. There's another chance of snow tomorrow. Up & down.

I guess the warmer weather has the skunks thinking it might be spring. I discovered skunk odor in my BR at 9:45 last eve. Pee-ew! My BR window is open all the time, except if we leave the house. I ran the fan for a while, facing to the outside, to try & evac. the smell.

Well, DH's dental appt. yest. indicates the best option (also less expensive & painful) for his broken off tooth is extraction of the remainder of the tooth by an oral surgeon, then crowning the teeth on either side of the space, & putting in a bridge, which would be cemented in place. DH doesn't want to feel pressured & said he wants to "think about it". We're looking at a price tag of $4,000. - 4,500. I brought DH after the dentist's, then headed out on my errands. I was home before 1 p.m.

I did not make it to the sewing room yest. Maybe today.

Re: Saturday Morning Hellos!

Good Morning Joy!
    It's chilly here.....certainly not 48 degrees....it's 27 right now. It's supposed to get up to 44 degrees, we'll see. My GMA used to leave her bedroom window open all the time too. I remember wearing flannel PJ's well into the first weeks of spring at night. My GMA had a front screened in porch she loved to sleep in during the summers. WOW....you just brought back some wonderful memories for me Joy...thank you!
    WOW.....that's a very expensive Dentist bill. Do you have dental insurance? Some of the Medi-gap insurance you can purchase with your Medicare that is called an Advantage Plan has Dental and Vision insurance. You can purchase Dental and Vision insurance separately though. I purchased Dental and Vision insurance for 2-3 yrs when I had a supplemental plan with my Medicare. I now have an Advantage plan. Maybe you should look into this. You might call the Department On Aging in your county. The Department on Aging will help you chose the best Medicare "Medi-gap " coverages to go with your Medicare Part(s) A & B. It's best to call the Dept On Aging because they will really help you a great deal with insurances and help you choose what's best for you. I no longer try to figure out the insurance on my own. I always call the Dept. On Aging every year, make an appointment and talk to them about what's best each year.
    Hope this might be of help to you! Dental work is sooo expensive. (Well actually medical is expensive too)

Have a great Saturday. I'm going to go to Jo-Ann's and pick out some new fabric to make myself a couple of skirts or a dresses for Spring. I like to make something New for myself for Easter.

thgar bless.jpg
    Jacqueline ( Sugar ) Dorer-Russell
    http:\\www.sugarssmilinpapercrafts.BlogSpot.com

"I miss the me I was when you were here"

Comment

Good morning,

Sun is shining and it will warm up to 3C today. I didn't sleep well as DH was up at 3am and came back to bed around 5am, so no sleep in between for me either. He's still sleeping despite efforts to wake him - aka fresh pot of coffee. I hope I will sleep better next week. I have to get serious about packing and planning retreat. I have all my lists made, but nothing gathered. I will load the car on Sunday night and back into garage. Then it will be a quick getaway to pick up my girlfriend.

Yesterday, I seemed to piddle away my day, not accomplishing much except filling up gas tank, getting a manicure and running errands. I'm trying to use up fresh veggies in fridge as I know DH won't cook much except sandwiches and maybe some freezer meals.

I hope everyone is safe from the excessive rain causing floods and wash-outs. Have an enjoyable day.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

Comment

Good Morning All,

Yesterday, Morgan and Jim took me to Palm Tree LA. That was an experience! I did very little other than helping lay out the quilt. Jim and Morgan picked out the quilt pattern and the thread. I would have never picked out the neon lemony green thread they picked out. They are going to put the quilt on the frame so that the pattern goes from the top to the bottom instead of across. I can't wait to see it, but I don't know that I'll be happy with it, as I'm not a green fan. The quilting will definitely show on the black, but it doesn't show up too much on the backing or colors. I can't wait to see it.

I worked on the afghan yesterday. It goes from my toes to my lap. It's getting there! Slowly but surely, it continues to grow.

The sun is shining. The batteries started charging yesterday afternoon late. We'll see how it goes today, with the heat going.

Time to get started. Not sure, but the kids maybe here sometime today while their Dad is having an interview with one of the school admins.
        Katrina

“Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.”
        ― Maya Angelou

Comment

Hi friends

it is high winds and rain here, seen on red button folk had to be rescued with the water, my heart goes out to all that are suffering these storms.
          today we are making gf veg pies, we are clearing the fridge of fresh produce to clean tomorrow, at least can freeze pies,
          then it be who ate all the pies lol,
          we always cook too much food so that when cooled put meals in trays and freeze, it sure does make easy meals that keep. saves time effort and energy. should the power go out, can be evicted into a pan and put on fire to heat up.
          fingers are crossed power stays in today, it is a howler out there.
          stay safe and warm, have a great day in whatever you do.
          Thanks everyone who tickled the keyboards in getting the forum running thank you for all behind scene efforts.
          T

Comment

Hello my friends. I was up close to 4am this morning. Hubby was away visiting friends and stayed overnight.

I was expecting my brother for dinner last night, so I headed into town for a few things. I picked up a Caesar salad to go with our pasta. We had a lovely visit and he left with the bottom part of the quilt frame that I broke. He will macgyver something. Yesterday I decided I wanted 4 more blocks to go with the block sway pile. I had just enough fabric and made 4 more this morning. I have baked beans cooking in the oven and that is I can smell. It is surely making me hungry. It will be a tooting good time here tomorrow, LOL!!

I am waiting patiently for Rachel and Eli for our lunch date.

Have a wonderful day friends.
            Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Comment

Hello everyone,

It's not morning anymore, but who cares. I have no motivation to get anything serious done today, so I just cut out a few pieces of fabric for the next project. The pieces are curved, and I'm not happy. It feels very awkward and I'm not getting nice clean cuts. I was going to stop, but it was like having an itch I had to scratch. So I marked the centers and quarters of the pieces, and then pinned them together. Well, they were pinned, so I had to sew them, right? It is very slow going and awkward. This is going to take me awhile to get used to. The good news is that the first two blocks came out OK. I also tried out the wool pressing mat that I broke down and bought. I don't see the magic yet......

IMG_0136 copy.jpg IMG_0138 copy.jpg
              Barbara

Comment

Originally posted by BarbaraB View Post
                Hello everyone,

It's not morning anymore, but who cares. I have no motivation to get anything serious done today, so I just cut out a few pieces of fabric for the next project. The pieces are curved, and I'm not happy. It feels very awkward and I'm not getting nice clean cuts. I was going to stop, but it was like having an itch I had to scratch. So I marked the centers and quarters of the pieces, and then pinned them together. Well, they were pinned, so I had to sew them, right? It is very slow going and awkward. This is going to take me awhile to get used to. The good news is that the first two blocks came out OK. I also tried out the wool pressing mat that I broke down and bought. I don't see the magic yet......

[ATTACH=CONFIG]162883[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]162884[/ATTACH]
                Barbara, You got very nice results on your blocks. I had trouble getting clean cuts on these, too. I have set mine aside for now. Your fabrics look great together.
                sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

Originally posted by BarbaraB View Post
                  Hello everyone,

[ATTACH=CONFIG]162883[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]162884[/ATTACH]
                  I think they look beautiful, but they must be small since I can see the lines on your mat. Is this with the SKW curved ruler? I love your Stonehenge Northcott fabric.

I picked up all the food for next week, and it's packed except for stuff in freezer/fridge. Going out for dinner with friends tonight, so one less meal to cook. Yeah!

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

Comment

Barbara, your curved blocks are beautiful. Love the fabrics!
                    Katrina

“Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.”
                    ― Maya Angelou

Comment

Hello friends, just getting home after spending the day in Austin for QuiltCon. QuiltCon is the quilt show put on by the Modern Quilt Guild. I am attracted to some modern quilts, definitely not all, and some traditional quilts. I absolutely loved the Victoria Findley Wolf collection of quilts. This is the first time I have attended a show and came home without spending money at the vendor hall. Trust me it was not because beautiful fabric wasn't available. I just am trying to be good about not buying more until I sew up some of what I have. But since my current mission is sewing up some of my scraps (into 6 inch pineapple blocks), I think I will be busy for a while.

Comment

Working...
                      X