It's Friday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's Friday

Good morning friends. I was up around 2 am but I didn't stay up long.

Yesterday I was procrastinating and didn't work on the binding. I get out the other one that I finished at retreat, it is quite large. I put 4 thin flannel blankets together for the batting and I found a king sized flannel sheet for the back. That should make it really warm. Now I need to get over to the community centre and get it put together. I am going to try and do that today if I can.

I also made some extra blocks from a block swap that Bonnie had won at guild. There were 16 and I added another 4 more. I don't have a whole lot of burgundy in my stash, I know hard to believe. Not sure if I will add any more or not. My brother is coming this afternoon for a visit and supper and tomorrow I am meeting with Rachel and Eli for lunch. So it looks like a busy weekend ahead. There is also a family day at the community centre with lots of activities so I will probably check that out.

Have a wonderful weekend friends.
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Re: It's Friday

Good Morning, Everyone ~ Another cold morning; it's 10 deg. It's supposed to be sunny & warm up to 50 deg. today. We should have some snow melting with that warm up.

This a.m. DH is dreading a trip to the dentist. When he had that episode of passing out & A-Fib last month, he must have bumped his tooth, because it fell out later that morning when he brushed his teeth. So he has a big gap in his upper front teeth. I'm sure whatever the fix is, it will be painful & expensive & not covered by insurance.

I finally made it to the sewing room yest. afternoon & eve. I did some hand sewing of a hanging sleeve until my hand was hurting. Then I switched to fabric cutting & sewing wide borders on a 24" wide panel for a baby quilt. I finished 3 sides of borders before quitting. It feels good to get something accomplished.

After I bring DH home from the dentist, I'll head out to Walmart. I have some Rx's to pick up. I'm still waiting to hear on the glucose meter.

Comment

Happy Friday, Everyone!

Today is a vacation day. I have an appointment at Mom's care facility at 1pm to discuss her fall and other issues. It's amazing how fast they get back to you when you want to discuss a fall.

I am running up to JoAnn's this morning to buy the embroidery thread I need for a design. I'm going to turn it into a wallhanging for Mom's door. The sample was stitched with Madeira, which I have a difficult time finding here. I usually switch it out with Sulky. I only have four of the seventeen colors needed...this is going to be an expensive trip!

It's time for a second cup of tea and some breakfast before I head out.

Have a wonderful day!

Comment

Good Morning All,

It's cold and damp here this morning. It's supposed to clear up this afternoon, maybe we'll get to charge the batteries for a little bit anyway.

The Snyderman is here doing the spring cleaning on the heating and air. lol, it's not putting me in spring cleaning mode. I did sweep and mop the hard wood floors yesterday. I tried out the Swiffer hard wood set I bought before Christmas. I have to admit, it did a great job, brought back a nice shine and no streaks! I still have the Bella wood cleaner the previous owners left, but Mike hates the smell, and sometimes it does leave streaks.

Yesterday, was a hard day on my checkbook. Part 2 of the Solar Panels, and the tax bill. That was poor planning on my part! It was a big ouchie! I guess, I need to readjust my with holdings. It was funny, if Mike had made 23 dollars less, I could have been head of household. Oh well. I'll just have to be good with my finances for a few months, make sure to put money back in savings to take care of what I've spent. lol, and the flood insurance premium notice came in the mail... sigh... Is it too soon to look forward to the JEA rebate on the batteries?

Today, Morgan, Mike and I are going to Palm Tree Long Arm to deliver her parent's quilt. The three kiddos will be with us. Won't that be a fun trip! I almost wish I hadn't asked if she wanted to go! Mike will be a big help with the kids. I hope we can keep them out of the candy dish!

I did manage to finish quilting baby quilt # 1. I trimmed it up last night. I'm going to have to do more work like that during the day. It's getting too hard to see the white batting on the white backing on the edge of the white squares. Well, maybe all that white was the problem, no contrast! The backing for Alex's quilt came. I didn't like it at first, but the more I look at it, the better it looks. Maybe next week, I'll get that done. It's time to start finishing up some of these projects I knocked out earlier this month.

Time to get busy and refill my coffee cup. Have a wonderful day. Be creative
        Katrina

“Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.”
        ― Maya Angelou

Comment

Good morning. It's a chilly but sunny one here. We got home from Peekskill late yesterday afternoon. Had a nice time dogsitting while Rob was on a quick trip and also got to visit with John after work. I will be up there again next week while Rob is away just in case there is a showing or 2 of his house. Someone needs to be there to take Auggie out during the showings. My sister and her hubby actually came back two weeks early from their winter trip to Costa Rica. Larry is having a lot of trouble with walking because of pain in his hip and leg so they cut the trip short so he could see a doctor. So, since she is only about 40 minutes away, we will get to visit. I do plan on bringing my Featherweight and get some sewing time while I am dogsitting too.

Not sure what hubby and I will get up to today. He needs to drop that week long heart monitor thingy off at the dr.'s office this morning and then the day is ours. I have to return a book to the library but that's all I have on my "must do today" list.

Enjoy your Friday everyone.
          Ginny B

http://www.ginnyscraftbasket.wordpress.com

Comment

Good morning. It is busy around here this am. We are getting a new couch, so Junk Dog arrived [email protected] to remove the old one. The new one will be here btw 11 and 2. The groomer arrives at 10. I should be able to make some progress on my binding.
            I am keeping my fingers crossed that this second injection works for myback pain. Thanks for the good thoughts .

Have a good day.
            Beth

Comment

Good morning all,
              Another sunny but oh so cold, I think -23c with wind chill. I got results from bloodwork & tests - all are good, so I guess I'm tired 'cause I'm doing too much and need to rest. Right, like that's going to happen.

I bought some PUL & mesh fabric to make large snack bags for my GKs lunches and snacks. They will need more when the youngest starts school. Dd wants some larger ones, as the oldest kids are eating bigger portion. This has saved on disposable baggies and takes up less space than plastic tubs in lunch box. We are trying to go 'green'. Similar bags sell for $8 in stores. I plan to make some for craft show. They wash beautifully, and hang to dry. I want to reduce my use of single-use plastic bags like the ones you put fruits and veggies in. So I am making some mesh bags. I know many people are becoming conscious of plastic waste. I want to be part of the solution.

I pressed & pinned more Hexies for the retreat. I spoke to my retreat buddy and we are on track with meals, probably too ambitious with the number of things we plan to make. I plan to start packing up my sewing room today and taking out suitcase. I'm locking forward to a manicure later. Its a powder dip which keeps my nails healthy and I can be rough with them. Problem is I've been really tough these past few weeks.

Beth, I hope that injection works. Nothing worse than back pain.

Have an enjoyable Friday.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

Comment

Good Morning everyone,

Eeeks it is cold this morning. I put a coat on the dog and we went walking when it was 9 degrees. It was nice to see the sun rising instead of clouds or fog.

Yesterday started out good; I decided I needed to starch the layer cakes I bought for a quilt for my DD because it has curves, and with my lack of experience I thought it best. So I spent many hours listening to music and pressing.

Later, when I went to fold the squares I found that many of them had distorted badly. I was bummed. I won't be able to get the cuts I need for the blocks, so I ended up getting another layer cake - I think it's the last one on the planet!!!! But then I should have enough to make the quilt.

Today I have a craving for Blondies, so I went to the store and got the supplies I need to make them. This afternoon I will have a big Blondie with my afternoon coffee. Maybe the heat from the oven will help thaw out my still cold legs.

I hear the buzzer on the drier.....time to continue with the day. Hope yours is good.....
                Barbara

Comment

I'll finish my cup of coffee then head to the feed mill. We haven't been going through it as quickly since we aren't milking, but even maintenance rations need to be replaced.
                  I get to crack the whip on more homework when I get home. Fun times. It's our last day of winter break, so it's back to our normal schedule. It always goes too fast.

It looks like our sun break is over. The clouds have rolled in. We will just be greatful for the break from 28 straight days of measurable rain! Th cup is empty, so I'm off!
                  Have a great day!
                  Be who you are and say what you feel
                  because those who mind don't matter,
                  and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss

http://www.toggpine.wordpress.com

Comment

Working...
                  X