Tablecloth tips?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tablecloth tips?

My daughter is doing her own wedding ( if you remember she's a wedding planner) and keeps remembering things, like a couples table. She's asking if I have any furniture yesterday and I asked for what? Like I have a couples set laying around. lol

But I do have a patio bistro set in bright ORANGE. I'm thinking I could make a floor length table cloth. I found a really good video on taking measurements, but I'm wondering what fabrics to avoid and any tips you might have.
    🌺 Lorie

Re: Tablecloth tips?

The only thing I can think of is to choose a fabric with a nice drape (but you probably already knew that). Good luck.

Comment

I made a floor length tablecloth for an outdoor party a few years ago. I used 108 inch backing fabric so it was on one piece. I used a neutral to let the flowers show off. made napkins out of the leftovers. I was very happy with it. Good luck with the wedding.
      Diana Grey

Comment

Idk, make sure it doesn't puddle on the ground or somebody might trip on it? Good thing I am not invited I would be the one tripping.

Comment

Originally posted by Grey Lady View Post
          I made a floor length tablecloth for an outdoor party a few years ago. I used 108 inch backing fabric so it was on one piece. I used a neutral to let the flowers show off. made napkins out of the leftovers. I was very happy with it. Good luck with the wedding.
          I never thought about backing fabric. Thanks!
          🌺 Lorie

Comment

Originally posted by jjkaiser View Post
            Idk, make sure it doesn't puddle on the ground or somebody might trip on it? Good thing I am not invited I would be the one tripping.
            Me too. I'm a little nervous because I use a cane out of the house recently. This will be the first time I will be around so many people.
            🌺 Lorie

Comment

will table cloth need weights in the seam or hook loop tape in case of unexpected wind?
              if little ones invited they may like some windows lol

do not worry, just bang the cane down a few times
              all toes will flee
              my gran taught us this
              Last edited by 201 Treadler; February 18th, 2020, 07:51 PM.

Comment

Working...
              X