Saturday Morning Hellos! :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Saturday Morning Hellos! :)

Good Morning, Everyone ~ Chances are Monique & I might be posting at the same time. I see she's been on here & posted the birthdays.

Yest. afternoon was our senior center's computer lab. It's an open lab where anyone can take in their laptop & get help from a coach with their computer needs. One pays $2. So I loaded up my big 17" old laptop & the new one & got there early; it takes a while to set up things. There was one more file to be transferred to my new laptop -- my Download file, which had an assortment of unorganized pics, docs, etc. They got transferred to the external hard drive, then put on the new laptop. We sorted through everything, deleted some items, put pics in a folder, PDFs into a dif. folder, etc. So the final transfer of files is done. We installed the ad blocker. Whew! I couldn't believe all the ads I was getting without it. We also uninstalled McAfee. The laptop came with a 1 mo. free trial. One does not need to pay for a virus protection; Windows 10 comes with Defender, which is free. Mon. & Wed. next week I'll be taking a Windows 10 class.

We had a Chinook wind yest. Very balmy. The high temp. was 57. Lots of good melting happened. Cooler today, in the 40's.

No plans yet for the day. Maybe some house work. I have 1 load of laundry to do. I'd love to get some sewing done. We'll see what the day brings forth.

Re: Saturday Morning Hellos!

hi Jcy happy Saturday to you,
    Its amazing how the ads slow down the loading of pages on computers, have a great day, sorry posted same topic. great minds
    better check on loafs and buns,
    Have a fabulous day
    T

Comment

Good Morning Joy, T and those who follow,

I worked on my boo boo quilt. No one will know but us. I like the way it out last night. I stacked the squares in rows. The plan today is put the rows together.

I bought flannel on sale at JoAnn's yesterday, enough to finish both baby quilts. That will be added to the list of things to do next week, along with dropping off the taxes.

Time to get busy. Have a great day!
      Katrina

“Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.”
      ― Maya Angelou

Comment

Good morning all,
        It's warmed up a bit today to -13c (brrr still), snowing lightly, although not in forecast. I think this weather is getting to me, especially since DH can't clear the snow and I'm doing it until he is allowed to do. Normally winter doesn't bother me as I just stay indoors and sew. I see bunny rabbit has been on back step overnight. The cats enjoy his visit.

Yesterday was a day of frustration. I spoke to mom and told her all who were coming for Sunday brunch. I think this is where I got irritated as she was giving accolades to my brother, who she has only seen & heard from once in 20 years. Bad mood & frustration with computer issues with email through Bell. I tried to resolve with chat, only to be transferred to higher problem resolution. Wait, wait, wait - not patient, I hung up. Then discovered investment person screwed up. It was just crappy day as I felt I was dealing with idiots. Maybe I'm the idiot for trusting. I probably elevated my BP, so I decided to sit in sunroom, have a glass of wine while I handsewed a bunch of 2 1/2" Hexies and watched taped episodes of All Rise. By dinnertime, I was feeling human again. Since we already went out for Valentine, we enjoyed a nice steak with baked potato and asparagus. I happened to checked biorhythyms - WHOA all at the bottom. It can only go UP from there.

Today, a friend is bringing her DH so he can see DH's train set up. He's been bit with train bug since seeing our polar express xmas set up on dining table. Our other neighbour is also dropping by with the end tables he made for us. I'm so excited. They all know each other so I think this might end up with an impromptu dinner with friends. I better think of an easy quick meal. This will be good.

Have an enjoyable day, and I'm going to try to look to the half full glass.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

Comment

Suzanne, don't worry if the glass is half full or half empty. Just be glad you have a glass!
          Hope your day goes smoother.
          Up before the sun this morning getting DH off. He is going to the military base for their annual open house. This base is where they train the free fall parachutors, which he is interested in. Also they will be showing off the big machines and guns. Interesting to him but not so much to me so I will stay home.
          I got another pillowcase embroidered yesterday. I really wish this site would let me post pictures cuz this was the cutest hedgehog ever. I've tried everything everyone has suggested and it still tells me my photos are to big. I've had them down to thumbnail size. Most frustrating.
          But it's going to be a good day no matter what cuz the sun is shining and I'm with the ones I love.
          sigpic

Comment

Suzanne ~ I hope today will be a better day. My DH also is a train buff. He has a 10'x10' HO model RR in one of the bsmt. BRs. It certainly was a mental health hobby for him for many years. Now, sadly, it sits idle, collecting dust. He has lost all interest & physically doesn't feel up to keeping it up. Over the past years, when things were operational, we've shown the train layout to many friends. I wish I knew someone who would take it off our hands.

We have rabbits around all the time, too. During these winter months, there have been 2 regulars. I know at least one of them is living under our shed. I see bunny tracks in the snow. We keep a path to our shed shoveled; that leaves an open space for them to graze when the ground is snow covered. Sometimes they go in the neighbor's yard & eat the grass under their trampoline which stays snow-free. The most I've seen in the yard at any one time was 5 rabbits.

Comment

Good morning everyone,

I'm a little slow to get here. My alarm went off at 5, I turned over and slept until 7. Today is a little bit warmer, or maybe it just feels that way because the wind has settled down. Yesterday it blew like crazy from the south. I stayed indoors and read a lot. DH says," Is that all you did?" Me: "Yup." I guess I did one shelf cleaned out in a kitchen cabinet. DH installed one of the sliding cabinet
              organizers in the bakeware cabinet. It's going to be so nice not to get down on all fours to get at cake pans, etc. He will install two more today.

I received a package from both M* and Blueprint yesterday. The one from BP is a table runner kit. It was on clearance, and I had been looking at it for awhile. I need something new on the diningroom table. So, starting that might be on the agenda today. I work at J's tomorrow, then have all of the next week off. I think I'll be working on painting the cabinets. What started out as a pantry "redo" has morphed into paint cabinets and change out the hardware, clean and organize cabinets, new backsplash, and new countertops. One thing leads to another.....

Suzanne, I hope you have a frustration-free day today!

Jeanne

Comment

Good Morning,
                I don't know what on earth is wrong with my family. Yesterday, my granddaughter called me at 6:15 am followed by two calls from my daughter. Kaylee feels bad and stayed home from school, (nothing serious). Well that sure woke me up fast. Then last night on her home from work my daughter called after 10 pm . I am so trying to get my days and nights straightened out. I struggle with getting to sleep and staying asleep. I am going to go pick up Kaylee today and they have Monday and Tuesday off from school. When she feels bad she wants her grandmother. When ever she has been sick she has come to my house. She said Grandmommy please get me some chicken soup from Costco.

JCY I feel for you with a new computer. Mine died last summer and I bought a new one and for the life of me I couldn't get it to get on the network. I had the plugs in the wrong slots! I have the cords marked now.

I am waiting on a daily deal from MSQ . I checked on its progress and the fabric went to Nashville, spent a day in Charlotte NC, and then to various small towns around there, and came back to Charlotte. Its nothing I have to have fast but what on earth is wrong with the postal system.

I made a mat for Sandy to sit on in the car from scraps to try and figure out why my long arm is stitching odd. I am not good with fixing stuff. Tightening the stitch regulator helped but its still not that perfect stitch I want. I am going to take a break from it today and try again when I am not so frustrated .

I hope everyone has a wonderful day,
                Teresa

Comment

Happy day everyone,
                  It's frigid here; much too cold to go out and take a walk. By this afternoon it will be in the 30's, so maybe then.

Yesterday I finished up the quilting on my crazy quilt. I know it's not everyone's cup of tea....my family thinks it's pretty ugly. Nightmare inducing ugly. But I love it and it's going on my bed. The only thing it needs now is a binding, and I'm working on that. This time I'm going to try sewing it on the back and bringing it to the front to stitch by machine. Fingers are crossed.

Yesterday DD flew in from MO for a visit over the holiday; her job site shut down for the holiday and they're willing to fly her all the way up here. So I made a big crock pot full of chili, all the housework is done and we can all sit around, relax and play cut throat cards and Parchesi.

Today if I can sneak it in I'm going to install the Bernina embroidery software I splurged on. I had been using another brand that was just so hard to use it was ridiculous. I'm looking forward to making my own embroidery designs as well as quilting designs.

Hope the rest of your day goes well and you can all relax and de-stress.
                  Barbara

Comment

Originally posted by SuzanneOrleansOntario View Post
                    Have an enjoyable day, and I'm going to try to look to the half full glass.
                    Just make sure that your glass is half full of wine, and keep refilling it.

Comment

Originally posted by JCY View Post
                      Suzanne ~ I hope today will be a better day. My DH also is a train buff. He has a 10'x10' HO model RR in one of the bsmt. BRs. It certainly was a mental health hobby for him for many years. Now, sadly, it sits idle, collecting dust. He has lost all interest & physically doesn't feel up to keeping it up. Over the past years, when things were operational, we've shown the train layout to many friends. I wish I knew someone who would take it off our hands.

We have rabbits around all the time, too. During these winter months, there have been 2 regulars. I know at least one of them is living under our shed. I see bunny tracks in the snow. We keep a path to our shed shoveled; that leaves an open space for them to graze when the ground is snow covered. Sometimes they go in the neighbor's yard & eat the grass under their trampoline which stays snow-free. The most I've seen in the yard at any one time was 5 rabbits.
                      Howard loved his trains, too. Do you have a transportation museum close by? They might take it. I know the Transportation Museum in NC had a model train set up (behind a glass wall). I bet you can guess why!
                      Katrina

“Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.”
                      ― Maya Angelou

Comment

Good morning,

I hope everyone has a great day 😀. We're still moving, it's been slow but coming down to the wire. All I can do is pack since my siatica and this cold weather are not friends. I packed up my sewing room yesterday so it can be quickly set up at the other house. I have an Etsy store and need to make sure I can full fill orders. I've only taken a few days off from work, I'll get too behind taking more than that. I have a high profile Corp job and deal with high profile clients.

Hopefully, we can get the moving truck here Monday for the furniture!

I can't wait to relax and sew, I ordered the DD with the baby book and 2 of the 2 yard cuts of fabric that were a special that day. The fabric is gorgeous. I got the lime and orange since I don't have those color ways. I would recommend them when your looking for a blender!

Off to make coffee #2 have a blessed day everyone!

Comment

Hope everyone has a wonderful day!
                          The weather is nice today - at 70 degrees and sunny!
                          Hope to get something’s done around the house!
                          Hopefully a little sewing too!
                          Went out for dinner with DH to a new Italian restaurant for Valentines Day. It had great reviews. It was ok, maybe I was expecting too much since the reviews were so great.
                          Can’t wait to see the boo boo quilt
                          Happy Quilting!

Comment

Yes I was here earlier but I didn't have time to post. The hand quilting is all done on the big quilt. I was busy at work today and even made a delivery for a doctor in town. He orders things like crazy. My van was full and that was after he had already made two trips himself on foot. The Boss will be happy that her office is empty once again. In exchange he gave me a $25 Canadian Tire gift card. I didn't want it but he insisted. I met my friend Lynda for lunch and we had a really nice lunch. Hubby is curling so he will call whenever he is ready to come home.

I may lay down and close my eyes for a few, came home with a headache.

Suzanne, we didn't get any snow at all last night, thankfully.

Enjoy the rest of the day friends.
                            Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Comment

Back again, checking posts from today and then I will play my daily Majong & Solitaire games. Cats have got their treats.

Today was a much better day. I ran errands to bank and grocery store, made a quick drop off at my DD and saw the youngest 2 GKs. Then I went to see mom. I gave her a manicure and put a nice lilac nail polish on. Went through her closet and picked out her clothes for tomorrow. Then brought her down to bingo. Her caretaker took over from there. I had to get home. We invited other neighbours and friends over to see the train layout. It's an S scale and he had two trains & cars going on separate tracks. Our friend who caught the bug, has purchased O scale. The guys were talking and since both he (due to stroke) and my DH can't drive, our neighbour will drive them and also check out the store. This should be hilarious. If you saw them, they are like kids.

Joy - DH also has some HO scale but he never set it up. He is also looking at offloading these. If none of the kids wants them, you might try selling on-line if you can.

We had a lovely dinner I made a turkey breast with roasted beets and carrots, mashed cinnamon sweet patatoes with maple syrup. Broccoli salad and Connie brought a romaine salad with apples, celery and seeds. I made some Costco brownies and I had picked up some lemon tarts and strawberries. And there was plenty of wine, no need to keep the glass half full or empty, just keep filling it.

Tomorrow is lunch with mom and cousins.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

Comment

Working...
                              X