• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KPH
    replied
    Re: It's Friday and cold as H**LL

Originally posted by KPH View Post
    Suzanne, I just modified the double slice. I'll have picture of the blocks tomorrow. It's a quick and easy for one of Howard's cousin's grandkids.. He's had 2 kidney stones since Christmas, surgery for one. He finally passed the second.
    102_0620.JPG

Not a great picture, but you get the idea, since it's dark outside. After I cut the layer cake in half. I took one stack and cut at 4", the other stack I cut at 2 1/2"

102_0621.JPG

I turned each block a quarter turn when I laid it out.

Leave a comment:

• KPH
    replied

Suzanne, I just modified the double slice. I'll have picture of the blocks tomorrow. It's a quick and easy for one of Howard's cousin's grandkids.. He's had 2 kidney stones since Christmas, surgery for one. He finally passed the second.

Leave a comment:

• JCY
    replied

Suzanne ~ My eventual plans are to make a Kaffe Fassett "Shuttles" quilt using a LC cut in half. Each corner gets snowballed with 4 squares of the same fabric, but each block is snowballed with a dif. fabric. If that makes sense. The picture that was linked here is not exactly the same one I have in my KF book, which I like better.

Leave a comment:

• SuzanneOrleansOntario
    replied

[QUOTE=KPH;
    I was going to slice up a layer cake to make the Building Blocks. I had a big brain fart, I sliced that first slice right down the middle. Mercy! I went ahead and sliced the whole layer cake, now to decide what to do from this point. I could do something from the Jolly Bar Book.
    .[/QUOTE]

Katrina - what about the Diamond Dash from M*.?

Leave a comment:

• 201 Treadler
    replied

Happy Valentines everyone

the day has been cloudy and wet, we are expecting more rain.

today we have had some gluten free quiche, then had a nice slice of freezer stored Daim cake, its a sponge base with something nice gooey with more sponge and crunchy pieces all covered in chocolate, so very yummy when defrosted. Am sorry to say it was my little plan of today to enjoy a little slice.
    its funny really thought was Saturday today.
    have a great afternoon/evening
    stay warm
    T

Leave a comment:

• KPH
    replied

Good Morning All,

The VERC councilor come over this morning. We worked through services available through Duval County. There are tons that I'd never heard of, but a lot of what I don't really need either. We talked about kitchen safety and threading needles.

She had several different kinds of self threading needles that I hadn't seen. The 1 second wonder is pretty cool. I may see if I can find a pack of those.

Jim's bringing the kids over this afternoon. So I was trying to get some things taken care of. I was going to slice up a layer cake to make the Building Blocks. I had a big brain fart, I sliced that first slice right down the middle. Mercy! I went ahead and sliced the whole layer cake, now to decide what to do from this point. I could do something from the Jolly Bar Book.

Time to change the washer and dryer again.

Have a great Valentine's Day.

Leave a comment:

• Cathy F
    replied

Barb beat me to it, I was going to suggest the same thing.

I had installed an embroidery software on my computer not realizing it was not compatable with it. It changed all my embroidery files to read only. The only way I could get it off the computer after endless tries was to wipe the computer to the day before I installed it. As soon as I did that all my files reverted back to the JEF format.

Leave a comment:

• Ginny B
    replied

Good morning all. Happy Valentine's Day. It's chilly here this morning but not nearly as cold as some of you are experiencing. We have an appointment for dh to get the heart monitor that he needs to wear for a week. We've never seen one of those so I am wondering how this works. Then when we leave the dr. office, we will head to the grocery store for some ingredients for heart healthy, bp lowering smoothies.

We will have a nice, cozy Valentine's dinner at home tonight. We enjoy that much more than going out on such a busy restaurant night.

Enjoy your day everyone. Stay safe and warm.

Leave a comment:

• Bubby
    replied

Originally posted by BarbaraB View Post
    Good Morning to all, repeat after me, "only 35 days until spring." According to the calendar of course. We don't really see spring until May. But there's light at the end of the tunnel. It's so bitter cold here too and I'm glad my day will be spent inside.

Our daughter if flying in from MO today for a short visit. All her meals come from a restaurant or else a quicky no cook something or other, I'm putting together a crock pot of her favorite chili, with corn bread to follow. The house will smell really good in a few hours.

I've made good progress on my crazy quilt; all the individual blocks are quilted and I have 9 out of 12 sashing strips finished. I'm hoping I can get them finished today. Then the only thing left to do is the outer border. I'm so thrilled with how it's been going and how much I've learned.

I've been beating my head against a wall concerning a computer problem and I can't for the life of me get it fixed. I've Googled until I'm blue and done all the recommended fixes, to no avail. The next step is a call to Microsoft, and I can honestly say I'd rather have a root canal rather than make that call. I'm actually considering just reformatting my hard drive and reinstalling my programs rather than call them. How bad is that???????

Well, time to get it in gear and begin the day. My coffee is gone....

Stay warm everyone.

Barb....Can you Restore to a previous date before the problem appeared? I had to make that dreaded call yesterday and was on the phone with support (Norton) for almost three hours. When we were done I was totally drained. Good Luck.

Leave a comment:

• BarbaraB
    replied

Good Morning to all, repeat after me, "only 35 days until spring." According to the calendar of course. We don't really see spring until May. But there's light at the end of the tunnel. It's so bitter cold here too and I'm glad my day will be spent inside.

Our daughter if flying in from MO today for a short visit. All her meals come from a restaurant or else a quicky no cook something or other, I'm putting together a crock pot of her favorite chili, with corn bread to follow. The house will smell really good in a few hours.

I've made good progress on my crazy quilt; all the individual blocks are quilted and I have 9 out of 12 sashing strips finished. I'm hoping I can get them finished today. Then the only thing left to do is the outer border. I'm so thrilled with how it's been going and how much I've learned.

I've been beating my head against a wall concerning a computer problem and I can't for the life of me get it fixed. I've Googled until I'm blue and done all the recommended fixes, to no avail. The next step is a call to Microsoft, and I can honestly say I'd rather have a root canal rather than make that call. I'm actually considering just reformatting my hard drive and reinstalling my programs rather than call them. How bad is that???????

Well, time to get it in gear and begin the day. My coffee is gone....

Stay warm everyone.

Leave a comment:

• Claire Hallman
    replied

Happy Valentines to you all, much love to all my forum friends.
    Yesterday we had a surprise call from some long time friends, they were coming to town for a grandson's ballgame and want to get together for lunch. We met them and had lunch and chatted for almost three hours, it was so nice to catch up. I think they are joining us at the beach at Easter, really looking forward to that.
    It is cold here but thankfully the rain has stopped and the sun is out, hooray, thought it was going to rain forever. Luckily we live on a hill but many others had flooded roads and basements. We will probably be begging for some of this rain this summer.
    So sorry for Jeans friend, hope he heals quickly.

Leave a comment:

• Bubby
    replied

VDay.jpg

Good Morning and Happy Valentine's Day.

It's bitter cold here again today. I think we plan to stay close to home today and celebrate by going out for dinner at a later date.

I plan to lay out the blocks for Jeff's quilt today with his help. He loves to be involved in the process.

I hope everyone has a great day. Stay warm & safe.....Hugs.
    Last edited by Bubby; February 14, 2020, 07:02 AM.

Leave a comment:

• JCY
    replied

Good Morning, Everyone ~ It's a cold one here, too. Only 10 deg. on our therm. The weather site says it's 5 deg. with a wind chill of -5. It's supposed to warm up to almost 50 today, so we should get some thawing going on. With all the recent snowfalls, 2-5" at a time, we now have quite a bit on the ground, plus big piles from shoveling. It will take a while for that to melt. We've had an unusually snowy Feb. Some of the ski resorts have season snow totals of >200"!

I'm planning to go to computer lab this afternoon. I discovered one file on the old laptop that didn't get transferred over to the new one.

Monique ~ I enjoyed reading about the Rideau Canal Skateway in Ottawa, as well as the history of the Canal on Wikipedia. That was interesting.

TGIF & Happy Valentine's Day to all.

Leave a comment:

• SuzanneOrleansOntario
    replied

Good morning and happy hearts day!

Freeeeezing - frost-bite advisory. I think last night it went to -38c with wind chill. Volunteers were driving around handing out warm clothes and trying to convince homeless to come indoors to shelters. Many refuse. I cannot imagine. I just shovelled for 10 mins yesterday and my hands were frozen.

I had a wonderful massage yesterday morning. It helped with shoulder, neck and back. I drove DH to follow-up appt from cataract surgery. All is healing well in both eyes. He did recommend that he wait to drive until he has new glasses next month, although legally he could drive without glasses. Afterwards I joined a VQC cutting bee. It was all done when I got there so my GF & I went out for coffee & dessert. We will talk again next week to plan our trip to retreat.

Today's plan is to stay warm. I need to make some calls for services. I will likely get to the sewing room. Dinner will be simple and light, as we enjoyed our Valentine dinner earlier this week.

Have an enjoyable day.

Leave a comment:

• KarenC
    replied

Good morning quilting friends, and Happly Valentines Day. I think today is the day I will finally try to learn how to use the quilt butler (robot) that is now installed on the longarm. We have not been best of friends through this install process. I thought it was all done once before, and when a friend came over before to teach me how to use it, it was making a terrible noise. Fast forward 6 weeks and I can't remember anything she showed me. So, hopefully I can do it with the help of you tube videos.

I printed off my mom and brother's tax returns yesterday. Will review them today and mail to them for filing. Still waiting on one more thing to be able to finish mine. It should be available tomorrow. Then I only have DD and SIL remaining.

Hope everyone has a great day.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X