• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rhonda K
    replied
    Re: Thursday, not sure if it welcomed or not, haha

Good evening to all!

Finally made it here today. Yesterday was a fun and busy day. I was asked to work an embroidery event for the LQS. I usually attend but have never worked one. There were about 80 other stitchers attending. I had to load the design projects onto their machines and assist the ladies with the projects if needed. Thank goodness there were 4 other helpers too. It was a great experience.

Rainy here this evening. They say it's a cold front coming in this weekend after a high of 90 degrees today. LOL!

Leave a comment:

• JCY
    replied

Monique ~ DS wished he had more time to enjoy Ottawa. I'll refer him to the canal web site. Wow, that's a long canal. Thanks for the info. It was a quick business trip. He flew in yest. eve., had the mtg. from 10-noon, then had an afternoon flight home. He e-m'd that they were delayed a bit due to snow & waiting for de-icing. They were at the gate waiting to leave. Some of the other passengers were concerned about making their connections. His hotel was the downtown Marriott.

Leave a comment:

• 201 Treadler
    replied

just wanted to pop in and wish you all
    happy heart day tomorrow, everyone..
    I know it can be a challenging day, hence why found a happy flower .
    Hugs
    T
    Last edited by 201 Treadler; February 13th, 2020, 02:04 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Simply Quilting
    replied

Good morning! We have some snow accumulations but not much. The temperatures have taken an nose dive but will warm back up on Saturday. Because the temperatures are so cold, the stuff that was put on the highways to take the ice off will not work.

I drop the older children at church last night. Then little one fell asleep at home so I made a phone call and someone was nice and dropped them off so I didn't have to wake him up. My hope was that he would sleep through the night since he was sick but that didn't happen. He woke up about 9:30 PM and was up until 1 AM.

I resized and printed some Snap it up patterns yesterday. Then this morning when I got on-line, I found that was what the designer had done since she was back from vacation. It is a free pattern for anyone who wants to get it off Moments by Liz on facebook group. I would like to get a few of these cut out today but not sure I will have time. I have a pile of papers to sort through from all of dh's medical stuff this year.

Stay warm and have a great day everyone

Leave a comment:

• SuzanneOrleansOntario
    replied

Good morning all,

Yup, it's snowing again - fluffy flakes but we will still get 3-4" by end of today.

Joy - too bad your son didn't get to enjoy a beaver tail (a pastry they sell year long, but famous). I gave away my skates years ago, as I fear hurting my knees and back. I used to figure skate as a child and did enjoy it. Falls are easier to recover from when you are young. This weekend ends a 3 week festival of Einterlude - with visitors from around the world. Maybe he will have other trips, keep May in mind for Tulip Festival.
    NavyWife - sorry for your friend's loss and challenges with cancer.

Yesterday we spoke to DH's cousin's wife and daughter. It sounds more like heart surgery gone terribly wrong, given that it was a small procedure. We shared stories and good memories. Luckily they got my shipment before he went in for surgery. He was thrilled and although the Alexander Keith's glasses were for his grandson, he said he was going to keep 2 of the reminder of their trip to Nova Scotia a few years ago. joann will honour that wish. The service is today in Derby, KS.

Then we went to an upholsterer and found some high-density foam for seat cushions for glider plane. DH is off my case now, as he wants to start these soon, provided I show him how-to do. I finished sewing the butterfly blocks top. Simple but large (queen-size) and colourful. So this makes it 3 large tops I have pieced this year. Since there is no intended recipient, no rush to quilt. I will make pieced backs from the left-over fabrics for all these recent finishes. My goal is to use pup fabrics in my stash.

Have an enjoyable day. I hope that all with dental pain can find some relief. Hugs to those in need.

image.jpg

Leave a comment:

• KarenC
    replied

Good morning everyone, popping in for a quick hello before heading to Dr. Appointment. Seems I have my annual sore throat and ear pressure. (except this is the 2nd time this year, I guess it's no longer annual). After that, I will work from home instead of driving into the office. Yesterday was removing an old crown and getting a new temporary before going to work. Came home and basically just went to bed. I was bad and had a Dairy Queen blizzard for dinner last night. Not good for the weight watchers plan, but it did taste good.

Monique, I loved the story about your ice skating rink canal in Ottawa. Makes me want to go there just to skate once. It's been so long, I wonder if I can still do it. Maybe I should practice at the local rink first. I think that would be a cool trip with DGD in a few years.

Gotta get going, have a good day everyone.

Leave a comment:

• Ginny B
    replied

Good morning all. Well the gloom has returned. I am glad we got out and enjoyed the sunshine yesterday. Both hubby and I felt better afterwards.

Today my plan is to work on the log cabin quilt fir a bit. Dh said he would do some cutting for me if I needed him to. I will probably take him up on it. I also need to work on a couple drawstring bags for Vicky. They are going to Disney in April and these will be used as a place for Max and Lily to get autographs. I will embroider Mickey on Max' bag and Minnie on Lily's. Hubby will also finish gathering all the paperwork we need for the taxes and I will work a bit on going through stuff in my craft closet. Then it will be time to get H after school.

So a busy day ahead so time to get moving. Enjoy your day everyone.

Leave a comment:

• KPH
    replied

Good Morning All,

Day 2 of no kids. I called yesterday and made an appt with the long armer, next Friday! Holy cow, good thing I don't need it quick! I worked on my MIL's afghan. I'm doing the one stitch I know, the garter stitch. That's as far as my aunt got me one summer. Anyway, on my lap, it's shin length now.

I need to clean up the counter tops in the kitchen and work on de-stacking around the house. I've been slack and just letting things stack up. Most just needs to go in the garbage. lol, maybe I need a garbage can beside my easy chair instead of a side table.

The VERC lady is going to come tomorrow morning. Jim is going to be coming here tomorrow afternoon. He needs to work on his resume and start the job search process, so tomorrow will be busy.

Have a great day!

Leave a comment:

• Monique
    replied

Originally posted by JCY View Post
    Good Morning, Everyone ~ Nope, you were first on today's chat, Monique. Well, we got more snow, too. It started yest. eve. It still was snowing at bedtime. It looks like 3-4" on the picnic table. Our therm. reads 22 deg., but the weather site says it's colder with a wind chill of 9 deg. DS#1 is in Ottawa today for a business mtg. He said it was snowing & people were skating on the frozen river. His mtg. is from 10-noon, then he flies back to Baltimore.

Well, rats! Last night I settled into my recliner to watch the 2 hr. season opener of Survivor, & I feel asleep! I missed a good 40 min. I was so disappointed. Maybe I can catch what I missed on the web.

I'd planned to take DH over to the dr.'s office for a lab draw this a.m., but we're not going out in this snow. He can get the blood drawn another day. Today I'll be baking his 2 loaves of spelt bread.
    That's almost right, it is a canal. You can read all about it here: https://www.ottawatourism.ca/ottawa-...anal-skateway/

Leave a comment:

• JCY
    replied

Good Morning, Everyone ~ Nope, you were first on today's chat, Monique. Well, we got more snow, too. It started yest. eve. It still was snowing at bedtime. It looks like 3-4" on the picnic table. Our therm. reads 22 deg., but the weather site says it's colder with a wind chill of 9 deg. DS#1 is in Ottawa today for a business mtg. He said it was snowing & people were skating on the frozen river. His mtg. is from 10-noon, then he flies back to Baltimore.

Well, rats! Last night I settled into my recliner to watch the 2 hr. season opener of Survivor, & I feel asleep! I missed a good 40 min. I was so disappointed. Maybe I can catch what I missed on the web.

I'd planned to take DH over to the dr.'s office for a lab draw this a.m., but we're not going out in this snow. He can get the blood drawn another day. Today I'll be baking his 2 loaves of spelt bread.

Leave a comment:

• 201 Treadler
    replied

Morning Monique
    well done on the centre finish,
    would you like a picture of the green grass??

today it is overcast, am on clearing the wardrobe, downsizing and one of the vacuum bags degraded and split, there is only so much gorilla monkey tape can apply so trying a compactor zip box with a vacuum bag inside, (they come together). it was not an easy decision due to other brands calling their items compactor without the vacuum bag, nearly ordered the wrong one.
    Did debate whether a suitcase would be better, anyhow will be amongst fabric.
    Have a great day everyone, stay warm and safe.
    T

Leave a comment:

• Monique
    started a topic Thursday, not sure if it welcomed or not, haha

Thursday, not sure if it welcomed or not, haha

SNOW!!!! AGAIN!!!! Enough already.

Well good news, I have finished quilting the big part my quilt, now to decide what to do in the border. I may just machine stitch something there, I haven't decided yet.

It was another quiet day yesterday hand quilting. I must say I am getting caught up on some of my shows. I have been binge watching The Good Doctor. It is a pretty good show.

It is not likely that I will be going anywhere today. We are planning a quiet dinner tomorrow for Valentine's. Saturday I work until noon and hubby curls. So Saturday is a write off.

Someone is likely writing at the same time as I write this.

Have a wonderful day friends.
Working...
X