Wednesday has arrived

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wednesday has arrived

Good morning friends. Weatherwise I am not sure what kind of day it is going to be. It looks like it might be a nice sunny day.

I had a good work day yesterday. Our new delivery person had started the day before and he was a welcome site. Nice to have him back. He was a replacement 2 years ago.

I guess today will be a hand quilting day. Getting tired of working on this quilt. Not much left to do. Other than that, not much else happening.

Have a good day everyone.
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Re: Wednesday has arrived

Morning all,

Looks like the golden orb will be making it's presence today. Will be a welcome sight after all the rain. We are off to our breakfast with friends shortly. It just may be a pancake day!

Yesterday got back in the sewing room and spent some time on the embroidery machine. Found some cute new designs for kitchen towels. Got another one stitched out up to five now hopefully some more today. I started working on my holiday items trying to do a few things each week and put them away.

Well, time to run, wishing everyone a good day!
    If you could choose to be anything choose kindness.

Visit my Flickr page, sewing and cakes!
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/

www.pinterest.com/cathyfiebe/boards

Comment

Good morning everyone,
      The sun is shining and temps will rise to above zero. Snow banks are really high, and first time I am ready to wish for spring.

Yesterday I had doctor's appt and got 1st of 2 Shingrix (shingles) shot, poked in my arm with sore shoulder. She suggested I increase my pain meds when necessary, especially with muscle spasms in back. I also have to complete the lab tests I started yesterday. After that I cut veggies and fruits at my DD. Came home and rested while I handsewed more Hexies. I've got 24 made so far. I will have to press more to keep on hand when the mood strikes me.

DH and I went to our favorite steakhouse for Valentine dinner. It was delicious as always but less crowded than later this week. DH is pretty melancholic about the loss of his cousin. Yesterday, he pulled out a box of vintage tiny cars, trucks and toys that they used to play with. It's good that he is sharing memories. I think I will have to start planning a trip for later this year to see his family. He isn't great at doing this and organizing visits. Thank you for your kind words.

Today I need to have calm activities. My back is still in spasms. Other than completing lab tests and maybe dropping in (or calling) on mom, I will stay home and make calls. So far there will be 9 of us for brunch with mom on Sunday. She will be pleased. I'm hoping that some of these cousins will also come more often to see her.

Wishing all an enjoyable day.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

Comment

Good Morning, Everyone ~ It's 20 deg. & a sunny day is expected. Yest. was sunny & 42 deg. I had the dental appt. for routine check & cleaning. He referred me to the endodontist for a consult. I'm having sensitivity under an old crown. That tooth had a root canal years ago, but there might be something going on under there. I hope not. Our ins. doesn't cover root canals.

After the dentist I made a run out to Walmart for DH's 2 Rx's & a few items. Did some banking, then picked up Chick-fil-A on the way home. I had planned to stop at Panda Express for Chinese, but they were very busy.

DS#1 is making a business trip to Ottawa today for a meeting. I warned him about all your snow, Suzanne. He flies back home tomorrow.

I'm tempted by today's DD. Donna Jordan used those same ombre fabrics for a really cool looking Rail Fence quilt. I suspect it will sell out quickly.

Today is BSF. I need to pick up my mother's ring from the jeweler's. I had it re-sized a bit bigger so it more easily will slide over my arthritic knuckle. That quilt I made for our retiring minister last Nov. -- I'm stopping by her house to pick it up. I had promised to make a hanging sleeve for it. They want to hang it in their BR.

Happy Hump Day!

Comment

Hi all
          happy Wednesday,
          the sun is out today with gales, but it was snowing yesterday, we still have green grass.
          we had to go out on errands, it was a clothes over clean prewarmed pj kind of day, with a quilt over the knee's, sure was nippy. on route home stopped in a park to watch the heavy flurry pass over before continuing. it sure was a day for both of us to drive the wheels, himself had foot work issues with the ground conditions. descovered the back support the right way up pushes me too far forward so back wheels keep loosing grip, trying the other way up, if that does not work will send a message to seller explaining the issue, we may come up with a solution.
          we finished the day watching with audio description farmaggeddon movie was funny but not quite as funny as Shaun the sheep movie with the Audio description on. Both enjoyable. perhaps laughed harder than intended, have a gritty feeling throat today, alas some slippy food will be eaten soon very soon, we do not need to go out again, so will happily hibernate.

Suzanne sorry to hear of Dh cousins passing, that must of been a great shock, sending condolences to you both. It is hard when so far away, in weddings they use private live cams to enable those that cannot attend to be there, guess funerals would not have this.
          Gosh that is painful, hope the pain killers help.
          Jcy hope the ring fits, what a special ring.

Happy stitch creating
          T

Comment

Good morning. We also will see the sun today. Then more rain arrives tomorrow. Yesterday I had another injection in my left lower back. The puppy did not get her walk. I have been busy completing sewing projects. I hemmed the handmade art banners for my dd. The paint they used for the designs did create some powdery mess. I finished the catch and release quilt. I am starting to put borders on now.

Today I tutor my Japanese ladies. Not much on the agenda for the afternoon.

Have a good day.
            Beth

Comment

Good morning everyone,

Today was supposed to be a work day for me at J's, but the weather had a different idea. We're under a blizzard warning until 110 this morning, and a wind chill warning fo the rest of the day. School is closed, so that was the push that said I shouldn't venture out on the roads. I have an hour drive to work, and most of it is through open country. With the wind gusting to 50 mph, it's just too treacherous. I always feel badly when this happens, but the managers are understanding. The next time I work will be Sunday.

Yesterday was our oldest grandson's birthday. He turned 13. Welcome to the teenage years. We all drove to Grand Forks for dinner at a Chinese buffet....his choice. He's pretty good about liking a variety of food. When he and I went to Japan last year, he was a good sport about trying a lot of traditional Japanese food, although he didn't like some of it.

I'll work on another cabinet today. Our new over the stove microwave will be installed today. Yesterday the electrician came and put in an outlet in the cabinet above the stove to provide power for the microwave. In the future I'll be painting the cabinets and putting up a new backsplash. I hope to carve out some time in the sewing room today. My quilt room kitty is getting lonely.

Enjoy your day everyone.
              Jeanne

Comment

Good morning all. Yay! The sun is shining this morning. Back to nasty weather tonight though. I think I will persuade hubby that we need to take advantage of the break in the gloom and take a ride somewhere. I don't have to pick Henry up today so that frees up the full day. DH got a call from his dr. last evening. Seems they saw some irregularities on the data from the Holter. They want him to wear a different type of monitor for up to a week to see if it was a monitor issue, a one time thing or something they need to deal with. I can tell he is worried, as I am too, so I want to try and get him out and about to get his mind off it even just for a little while.

Monique, glad you like the new delivery person. It makes work that much easier when you have nice co-workers. Cathy, hope you enjoyed your breakfast. He safe and warm all of you dealing with the bad weather today. It has been so un-winterlike here. My spring bulbs are popping up already.

Time to see what I can up with to do today.
                Ginny B

http://www.ginnyscraftbasket.wordpress.com

Comment

Good Morning All,

No kiddos this morning. Miss Gabby and I have the whole house to ourselves, for a while longer. Mike will be home around lunch.

I found my tape measure. It was under the file folder I'd pulled out for this years tax papers. Now, if the rest of the papers would come in. I usually have 2 papers from LPL, but I only have one at this point. I'll call my adviser if it doesn't make it here by Monday. Other than that, I'm ready to go.

Time to start trimming strings since the sun is shining. I figured to fold it in quarters and just do one section at a time.

Have a great day!
                  Katrina

“Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.”
                  ― Maya Angelou

Comment

Good Morning....Just a quick note.

Suzanne, so sorry about your DHs cousin. These things can happen so suddenly and they are quite a shock

Our weather has turned awful....freezing rain and high winds. Miserable. On top of that, I have to go to the cemetery for my GFs (Coyetta) burial this morning. I had asked prayer for her last week but she passed away Sunday. I'm pretty sure most everyone from our town will be there. It couldn't be a nastier day weatherwise.

Jeff is off work for a week. He just has to work four more days before he retires. Right now he is using up some vacation time that he will lose if he leaves them on the books. They are having a retirement lunch for him the 21st.

My GF Janice will be taking me out for lunch tomorrow. We haven't seen each other much for a while. We ate lunch with Janice and her Hubby about three weeks ago, but you can't really talk in such a public place and the guys were both eager to get home to do things.

Nothing going on in my sewing room for now. My hands are in terrible shape. My DD sent me some new oils and creams to try on them. So far nothing improves them or gives me any relief.

I hope everyone has a wonderful day. Love & Hugs....
                    Last edited by Bubby; February 12th, 2020, 08:49 AM.
                    sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

Good morning all!
                      Monique - mailing that yarn to you later this week!
                      Suzanne - hope your back feels better!
                      JCY- hope your tooth is better, sounds like a root canal is in your future
                      Bubby- what is going on with your hands?
                      Hope you all have a wonderful day!
                      rainy and wet here in Houston.
                      Busy day today with a long to do list
                      hoping I will get to sew, but do not think that will happen
                      Happy Quilting!

Comment

Originally posted by bhaggerty View Post
                        Good morning all!
                        Monique - mailing that yarn to you later this week!
                        Suzanne - hope your back feels better!
                        JCY- hope your tooth is better, sounds like a root canal is in your future
                        Bubby- what is going on with your hands?
                        Hope you all have a wonderful day!
                        rainy and wet here in Houston.
                        Busy day today with a long to do list
                        hoping I will get to sew, but do not think that will happen
                        I have severe rheumatoid arthritis in both hands. No form of treatment has given me any relief except the first time I got steroid shots a couple years ago. Trust me when I say I have tried everything. My DD just sent me something new to try...I will give it a go.
                        sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

Oh Bubby sorry to hear having hand troubles, really hope some relief happens for you soon.
                          hugs
                          T

Comment

And with it snow and cold temperatures. I took the children to piano this morning. I am debating about whether we will be getting out tonight since little one is sick, it would be me taking the older children to church. Normally, that is what I would do but with the cold, I am not sure that I want to take little one out even though he would be in the van the whole time with me.

I have changed into my comfy lounging pjs and will probably try to figure out something to sew or work on in the sewing room today.

Have a good day everyone

Comment

It has been a long day for me. I had a dental appointment this morning. Prepping for crowns which I hate! But it went well.
                              Just before I left the house, a friend called with the worst possible news. Another friend's 45 year old son committed suicide last night. As if that were not bad enough, she just started chemo for stage 4 breast cancer. I must admit, when my prayers tumbled out, they included a bit of a lecture to God about how much she is supposed to withstand! But He knows that's the way I am.

We have had another soggy week so far. We have had 8+inches since the first of February. I'm glad it was not snow! Just about to have a severe thunderstorm and high winds, so I need to round up Ellie and be ready to take shelter.

Linda
                              Last edited by Navy Wife; February 12th, 2020, 08:11 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X