X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JCY
    replied
    Re: Wednesday has arrived

Good Morning, Everyone ~ It's 20 deg. & a sunny day is expected. Yest. was sunny & 42 deg. I had the dental appt. for routine check & cleaning. He referred me to the endodontist for a consult. I'm having sensitivity under an old crown. That tooth had a root canal years ago, but there might be something going on under there. I hope not. Our ins. doesn't cover root canals.

After the dentist I made a run out to Walmart for DH's 2 Rx's & a few items. Did some banking, then picked up Chick-fil-A on the way home. I had planned to stop at Panda Express for Chinese, but they were very busy.

DS#1 is making a business trip to Ottawa today for a meeting. I warned him about all your snow, Suzanne. He flies back home tomorrow.

I'm tempted by today's DD. Donna Jordan used those same ombre fabrics for a really cool looking Rail Fence quilt. I suspect it will sell out quickly.

Today is BSF. I need to pick up my mother's ring from the jeweler's. I had it re-sized a bit bigger so it more easily will slide over my arthritic knuckle. That quilt I made for our retiring minister last Nov. -- I'm stopping by her house to pick it up. I had promised to make a hanging sleeve for it. They want to hang it in their BR.

Happy Hump Day!

Leave a comment:

• SuzanneOrleansOntario
    replied

Good morning everyone,
    The sun is shining and temps will rise to above zero. Snow banks are really high, and first time I am ready to wish for spring.

Yesterday I had doctor's appt and got 1st of 2 Shingrix (shingles) shot, poked in my arm with sore shoulder. She suggested I increase my pain meds when necessary, especially with muscle spasms in back. I also have to complete the lab tests I started yesterday. After that I cut veggies and fruits at my DD. Came home and rested while I handsewed more Hexies. I've got 24 made so far. I will have to press more to keep on hand when the mood strikes me.

DH and I went to our favorite steakhouse for Valentine dinner. It was delicious as always but less crowded than later this week. DH is pretty melancholic about the loss of his cousin. Yesterday, he pulled out a box of vintage tiny cars, trucks and toys that they used to play with. It's good that he is sharing memories. I think I will have to start planning a trip for later this year to see his family. He isn't great at doing this and organizing visits. Thank you for your kind words.

Today I need to have calm activities. My back is still in spasms. Other than completing lab tests and maybe dropping in (or calling) on mom, I will stay home and make calls. So far there will be 9 of us for brunch with mom on Sunday. She will be pleased. I'm hoping that some of these cousins will also come more often to see her.

Wishing all an enjoyable day.

Leave a comment:

• Cathy F
    replied

Morning all,

Looks like the golden orb will be making it's presence today. Will be a welcome sight after all the rain. We are off to our breakfast with friends shortly. It just may be a pancake day!

Yesterday got back in the sewing room and spent some time on the embroidery machine. Found some cute new designs for kitchen towels. Got another one stitched out up to five now hopefully some more today. I started working on my holiday items trying to do a few things each week and put them away.

Well, time to run, wishing everyone a good day!

Leave a comment:

• Monique
    started a topic Wednesday has arrived

Wednesday has arrived

Good morning friends. Weatherwise I am not sure what kind of day it is going to be. It looks like it might be a nice sunny day.

I had a good work day yesterday. Our new delivery person had started the day before and he was a welcome site. Nice to have him back. He was a replacement 2 years ago.

I guess today will be a hand quilting day. Getting tired of working on this quilt. Not much left to do. Other than that, not much else happening.

Have a good day everyone.
Working...
X