• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Monique
    Missouri Star
    • Jan 2011

It's Tuesday!!

Good morning friends. What a snowfall that was. We must have gotten a good 12" in total. That is a lot of snow. I did get up on the roof again and cleared away more snow, thankfully it was light and fluffy. What a job!! After I got cooled off, I had a shower and changed clothes. I still have no idea what made me so allergic. I took Benadryl and I feel a whole lot better this morning. I think the rash is gone for the most part, at least I am not scratching.

Laundry got done yesterday and that was about all I did. Had a good nap in the afternoon.

Today is a work day for me. So I have downloaded all the shows I watch that were on last night. Now to just decide what project I will take with me. I have to rush home, as hubby works the night shift tonight. I also got another work day on my schedule, I work Saturday.

So that is what my day looks like. Wishing you all a wonderful day.
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!
  • SuzanneOrleansOntario
    Missouri Star
    • Aug 2015

Re: It's Tuesday!!

Good morning Monique and all who follow,

Yes, a lot more snow than predicted. I'm so grateful for a good neighbour who cleared it. I only had to get the snowblower out to remove the 2' pile left at bottom of driveway by street plow. I must have twisted as my back as it's stiff this morning. I had a few hours and sewed more rows together. My GF came for dinner and I served Coho salmon, grilled beets with rice and brownies for dessert. DH was on computer while we watched the recap of the gowns of Sunday awards.

DH came in the room, he had a message from niece. His cousin was in hospital. Next message saying he was gone. We tried to call with no luck. This is the cousin that was like a brother to him, spending summers together, and if you saw them, they were like 2 peas in a pod. 2 years ago when we went to KS, we spent a good amount of time together. I think he is 71-72. We got a message from their daughter & we will call today. He had heart surgery Wednesday and it didn't go well. He passed at noon Monday. Unfortunately we can't go down for funeral, given that DH just had cataract surgery and it's not recommended yet. To get there is 3 flights and 1o-12 hrs, that's if there are no storms, and unlikely. DH is quiet kind of guy, but he is numb, in shock. Prayers for his wife, daughters and GKs and his mom. I cannot imagine how DH's aunt is coping.

Today, I have my annual medical, later going to cut up veggies and help my DD. It's guild meeting tonight, but I'm not in the mood. I will see how the day goes.

Have a good day. Stay warm, stay dry and bestay safe. Be careful with all these freaky storms.
    Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Comment

• KPH
      Missouri Star
      • Feb 2015

Good Morning Monique and those who follow.

It's home school day #2 for this week. I'll be done. Morgan's off until Friday, so I won't have Zeke this week, so guess what I'll be doing! The backing fabric came yesterday. I love it. The plan is to work on the outer borders and binding strips today. We'll see what actually happens.

Yesterday afternoon, I knitted. It told on me last night. I was too still during the day. I just couldn't settle in to get to sleep. Even Gabby made quick trips outside so there wasn't too much exercise in that either.

Mike put the last two solar lights on the sides of the deck. Last night it was great. I could see clearly all the way down. With RP, my night vision isn't the best and the steps while are lit by the high exit ramp lights, it was still kind of dicey for me. If there's a strong hurricane, I won't have those lights to help, since they lower them close to the ground.

Boy will be here soon. I'd best get started, gathering his stuff that we cleared off the table for dinner last night.

Have a great day! Be creative!
      Katrina
      From NC, retired in FL
      “Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.” Maya Angelou

Comment

• JCY
        Missouri Star
        • Jul 2013

Good Morning, Everyone ~ Oh boy, 12" of snow all at once, Monique. No thank you. Glad your itching is gone. We got maybe 1.5" last night. It's clear now with bright moon light. The temp. is ~12 deg. I peeked out the window at 2 a.m. & our neighbor already had shoveled our driveway & front walk. When I turned on the porch light to look outside this a.m., there were sparkles on the surface of snow. So pretty.

It didn't snow enough to keep me from going to my dental appt. at 10 a.m. today. I need to run by the bank afterwards, then out to Walmart to pick up DH's 2 Rx's a & few items. I think I'll stay home from guild tonight.

I did not make it to the sewing room yest. When I went shopping, I bought beets, so the afternoon was spent cooking those up & preparing them for the freezer. I also changed the sheets on my bed & did laundry.

My printer seems to be working great now that my friend worked on things Sun. That's a relief.

This a.m. all of my usual e-m's from Jordan Fabrics, M*, & Superior Threads went into my junk folder. So frustrating.

Well, time to get on with my day. Stay warm out there.

Comment

• ktdid
          The Guild President
          • Dec 2018

Suzanne, I feel for you & husband, Sending a card to you I wrote.
          Angels Announce.jpg
          Last edited by ktdid; February 11, 2020, 06:16 AM.
          Kate (Oklahoma)
          There are moments which mark your life, moments when you realize nothing will ever be the same. And time is divided into two parts, Before this and After this

Comment

• TMP
            Missouri Star
            • Apr 2014

Good Morning Everyone,

The rain has slacked long enough for me to push Sandy out. Silly dog will not go outside in the rain. I tried several times last night to make her go and she was having none of it. Now she is asleep and I'm having breakfast. Nothing special going on here today. I do have to go out and pick up my taxes. I will probably stop by the grocery store. I have plenty of food in the house but nothing I want to eat. Its so hard when you live alone to eat healthy. When I do cook I freeze some of it or I end up eating the same thing for a week.

Oh Suzanne, I am so sorry for your lose. Sending prayers for you and your husband.

Have a wonderful day!
            Teresa
            Teresa
            Pelham, Alabama
            War Eagle!!!

Comment

• Nwmnteacher
              Missouri Star
              • Mar 2014

Good morning all,

It's currently 14 degrees in NW Minnesota. We're supposed to have sunny weather and a temp in the 20's later today. We're under a storm watch for tonight and Wed. Only a couple of inches of snow expected, but winds up to 50 mph. It's coming from the north, so it's an "Alberta Clipper".

I emptied another kitchen cabinet yesterday. DH said go ahead and order some cabinet organizers. They slide in and out of the cabinet, and should make it easier to find baking pans, etc. in the lower cupboards. If we like them, I'll probably order more.

My quilt as you go templates arrived from M* the other day, and I finally tried out a hexagon yesterday. i tried using a straight stitch around the edge because I want some quilting to show on the back and front. I need more of a "quilting" needle though. I used just a regular hand sewing needle, and it was difficult to get through all the layers. This one was an experiment. I tried to upload a picture, but had trouble. I'll try again later.

Jeanne

Comment

• LauraP
                Missouri Star
                • Dec 2015

What an awesome card. It says exactly what it should without being sappy. Did you do the artwork too and do you sell them?
                sigpic

Comment

• Ginny B
                  Missouri Star
                  • Jan 2012

Hi all. Didn't get here this morning. I had a hard time getting to sleep last night. DH had a dr. appt. yesterday and his bp has changed a lot since his last appointment 6 mos. ago and not for the better. It was 168/90. Not sure what's going on. Dr. put him on another bp med. He picked it up today. The dr. also recommended Vasepa for his cholesterol but holy cow, it cost $354 so hubby said no to the pharmacist. She agreed that it was an enormous cost and said she would call the dr.'s office. There are OTC fish oils to take so we may look into that. They also want him to have a CT scan. I guess of his arteries/heart? Not sure. Got to get more info. I wasn't at the appointment with him and he wound up having to go back today to clarify some of the things the dr. wrote down. He said he should stop taking a medicine he wasn't even on and wasn't clear on whether the new bp med was instead of the one he is already on or in addition to. Since he had a holter monitor on and had to return it today anyway, he figured he'd just ask today instead of calling yesterday.

Suzanne, so sorry to hear about your family's loss. I will keep you and your dh and family in my prayers.

Monique, glad your itching has stopped. I hope it doesn't come back.

OK, time to get pick Henry up from school. Have a good afternoon and evening everyone.
                  Ginny B
                  Levittown, NY

Comment

• KPH
                    Missouri Star
                    • Feb 2015

Have mercy, what did I do with my long measuring tape? I've been hunting for hours and can't find either one of them.
                    Katrina
                    From NC, retired in FL
                    “Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.” Maya Angelou

Comment

• JCY
                      Missouri Star
                      • Jul 2013

Suzanne ~ It's disappointing when loved ones pass & we can't be there for their service or share the experience with family. Due to circumstances, DH was not able to attend either his mother's or sister's funerals. I could not attend either my brother's or sister's.
                      They all lived a long ways away in other states. DH's health kept him from traveling, & I couldn't travel due to the care giving of him.
                      My thoughts & prayers are with you.

Comment

• Monique
                        Missouri Star
                        • Jan 2011

Suzanne, sorry for you and your husband's loss.
                        Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Comment

• KarenC
                          Missouri Star
                          • Apr 2015

Suzanne, sorry to hear about the loss of DH's cousin.
                          Karen
                          Spring, TX

Comment

Working...
                          X