Welcome Friday!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Welcome Friday!

Yes Friday with a heck of a lot of snow that has fallen already. We didn't get much yesterday but it came overnight. It is a nasty day out there. I have already been out removing snow off the satellite dish and moved the van so the yard could get plowed.

I felt like crap yesterday, tired, sore all over, cold chills and a cough. I had two naps in the afternoon. I did a little hand quilting but gave up. Today I have a sore throat and a cough but feeling better. I have to go back out and get the van as it is parked across the street. And then I will tackle all the dirty dishes. It sure shows when I am not feeling well, I tell you.

I think I will be able to resume the hand quilting today. Not going anywhere.

Have a great day everyone.
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Re: Welcome Friday!

Sorry about your flu, Monique. I hope you recover quickly.

My colonoscopy was a dud, as the four liters of laxative didn't work, so now in April I'll have to retake it with drinking eight liters over two days. If anybody has any tips to weather that, let me know. Some good news: we didn't get any snow here, as the storm track was south of us.

Also now I'm making up for not eating anything but clear liquids for two days! Snarf!

Comment

Good Morning, Everyone ~ It started snowing last night some time after dark. I didn't notice it until 8 p.m. We have maybe an inch on the picnic table this a.m. But, the forecast is for up to 6" more throughout today. I'll be staying inside. I heard on the radio that Denver got 3-4" so several school districts are closed today, maybe in anticipation of the additional snow. Our neighbor already has shoveled our driveway & front walk. I saw him out there at 5:15.

I finished the FMQ on the 12 blocks yest. I just have the border left. I hope to get that done today. Maybe I even can get the binding on. I really want to get this one finished so I can move on to another project.

I follow Bonnie Hunter's daily blog. She recently has been making the Jack's Delight block, using up many of her scraps & shirting fabrics. I found that free block pattern & directions on another web site. It sure would be a great way to use up scraps.

Monique ~ I hope you feel better soon. Kimsophia ~ How disappointing to have to re-do the colonoscopy.

I'll have to watch Jenny's new tutorial later in the day. No more time now.

Comment

Good morning all,

Monique - I hope that you start to feel better soon. Kimsophia - hope all goes better next time. Joy - how fortunate and grateful for good neighbours.

We are in a winter wonderland this morning. We got about 4-5" snow during the day, so I decided to wait to clean driveway. DH can't help since he had surgery Wed. Overnight we got quite a bit, I'm guessing another 5-6". I'll go clear it after I've had another cup of coffee. We are getting more snow this aft. Schools are open here, unless there's ice.

After my dental cleaning yesterday, we went to coffee house to pick up beans and a quick bite. I hibernated in afternoon. I pressed and cut blocks from panels sitting on my table. I hung by groupings on small hangers with clips. Some of these will be for reading pillows, others for bags. Hanging up is perfect to store & see. I also made a brushed flannel scarf. It's plaid and matches my 2 LL Bean coats. I finished sandwiching a VQC quilt and thread is loaded in Sweet16. I am going to use a pre-wound bobbin & superior thread that came with machine. I also finished 6 large micro bowls, size of plate. I made a double sided apron from a panel. All these were UFO small projects. Dinner was a shepherd pie freezer meal. Easy peasy.

Today - snow clearance. Pay bills. Print tickets for kids show. Continue finishing small UFO projects. Start thinking of project for retreat. So many on my wish list to choose from. I don't have anything started that is calling to me. May run errands and visit mom if I go out.

I hope our forum friends in south east US and elsewhere are safe from the storms - hurricane, tornado, rain, snow and ice. I know it can't be easy as you don't usually have this type of severe weather. Be safe. Stay warm. Stay dry.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

Comment

Good Morning All,

We had tornado warnings last night, horrible winds, thundering and the rain water going down the gutter at the corner of my bedroom sent Gabby over the edge. She wouldn't go back to her bed, but sat right by my bed until the worse of it had passed. Once the noisy gutter quieted down she was fine and went back to her bed (less than 2 feet away) and slept the rest of the night.

The winds are still high this morning. I put on my rain coat to take Gabby out this morning. Not for protection from the rain, but protection from the biting wind. Temps haven't dropped, but they're expected to this afternoon. We'll still be above normal temps from what the weatherman said this morning.

Yesterday, I finished the keyboard and black border. I called Backside Fabrics and talked to my old neighbor for a while, and ordered enough fabric for the backing, outer borders, binding and 2 pillow cases with free shipping and it will be here Monday. After that, I started working on the first baby quilt for 2020. We already have a baby on the way at church. I used one of FQS Jolly Bar patterns called Birds Eye View. I have the rows ready to sew together. Then I'm going to figure out what to do with the other half of the layer cake. I figured if I can knock out the tops now, I'll have some time to get them finished when needed.

I guess I should start working on my tax papers. I think I have one more paper to come in. I'll need to get all of the medical information. My eye doctor gives receipts like you get at Walmart. I'll have to make sure they're legible. If not, I'll have them email me a statement for the year's appts.

Monique, I hope you continue to feel better. Kim, I'm so sorry you'll have to redo that test. Susanne, thanks for the reminder, I need to call and get an appt for my dental cleaning. I've been putting it off.

Time to go back to work on baby quilts. Have a great day! Be creative!
          Katrina

“Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.”
          ― Maya Angelou

Comment

Good Morning all,
            Way under the weather here.
            Suzzanne, what is a brushed flannel scarf?
            Good day to all....Stay well. Kathy

Comment

We've got a couple of inches of snow today. It's the first accumulating snow we've had since November. I'm going to make myself sew today...just not in the mood. Monique, I hope you keep feeling better.
              *~* Myrna *~*
              *~* Quilters lead pieceful lives *~*

Comment

Originally posted by MAMSAN View Post
                Suzzanne, what is a brushed flannel scarf?
                It's a long scarf made with a brushed cotton flannel fabric. I sewed a seam along both sides and fringed them. Fabric was cut lengthwise and joined. I could add a second seam to make it an infinity scarf. Ahh fun, I just noticed my nails coordinate.
                image.jpg

Woohoo, I got a delivery from CT. Box in background will hang around a few days for the cats to play with.

Also finished snowblowing our driveway & walkway. I estimate we got at least 10". I will have to go out after the street plow goes by. Enjoying a hot apple cider with Apple Calvados.
                Last edited by SuzanneOrleansOntario; February 7th, 2020, 09:21 AM.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

Comment

Yay, Friday is here.

Katrina, we had that storm come through here last night too. Wind howling and rain coming in side ways.

A busy start with day. DH had a lab appointment first and then breakfast at the local diner. I'm his driver now so arrange appointment time to make it easy. No early morning rush hours or school traffic areas.

Our life as we know it has changed quickly as he needs more help on a daily basis. But we work together and make a very good team.

I managed some of the sale fabrics today on the DD. A total of 8 yards for approx $5 a yard after my account points were discounted. I've let them build up but decided to use them today.

I'm making a few more cards for a demo on Monday for our local group at the LQS. Then perhaps work on the pillow from class last week. It will be a re-do from the class instructions and I may add some machine quilting to the front piece.

For those in the snow and cold regions, stay warm and safe. Happy stitches to all!

Comment

Back again ~ It's been snowing since 7:15 this a.m. We may just get that up to 6" they forecast. Hope it's not 10", Suzanne! DS#2 e-m'd when he got to work. He has a 30 mi. commute N. of our town. It was snowing harder there, with more snow. Roads were sort of bad. They've been warning about mountain travel along the I-70 route. Snow expected to accum. 1-2"/hour! The mt. passes always are bad in the winter time. Some of these out of state truckers & drivers have never had to put chains on their tires, making it hazardous for other drivers. When the chain law is in effect, one does not have an option in order to proceed. There are pull-out areas for chaining up. There is high avalanche danger now, too. They announced the hwy. would be shut intermittently as avalanche mitigation occurs. The Rocky Mountains are beautiful, but they have their hazards, including falling rocks, which can occur any time of the year, but especially after heavy rains.

I've been doing laundry & scrubbed the stove top & burners. Time for a break & a c. of coffee. Sewing this afternoon.

Comment

Hi friends, happy Friday,
                      sending get well wishes, sorry to hear Kimsophia that it did not happen, can only suggest a chilly or a curry before the food stoppage but perhaps concentrate the lax intake then drink lots of water afterwards then repeat if cannot stand the taste, fingers are crossed for a good outcome,( hmmm not lax no pun intended,) good out come of the colonoscopy.

Himself and sir survived the clean up yesterday and are still friends.
                      As purrs go these 2 are adaptable. They both went to drag himself round yard earlier on lead, in the sunshine but it was chilly so fabric coats put on top of furr by all who ventured out, it was 15 degrees c inside today, due to fire going out, both kept their coats on, till fire was going, we opened all windows to ventilate and blast the colder air out. All are now happy and snoozing.
                      Apparently we are expecting Snow over the next few days. its already 3 degrees c outside.
                      last night ventured into the sewing area, used the zig zagger attachment was all good.
                      have a great afternoon / evening, stay warm over weekend, and cool, if too warm,
                      hope you all feel better soon,
                      happy stitching,
                      T
                      Last edited by 201 Treadler; February 7th, 2020, 11:09 AM.

Comment

I am recuperating from a week of the flu. The other 2 peeps are over their bout of flu and will be going back to work on Monday. I still have a headache and stomach cramps , but not as bad now. Cough and chest congestion is much better.

Got my computer security system/s updated and working. So perhaps my catching up here can go without any hitches now.

Sure haven't gotten any sewing done recently - before Christmas, I think I finished and sent off the "barn quilt" to my son.
                        Getting antsy to get back to cutting out a Harlequin pattern, just got my neighbor to cut me some decent templates; all they sent was paper ones and I slice my fingers when I try to use them. And My stacked block quilt is just getting sewn together. Plenty to do once this headache goes away.

So good to be able to catch up on everyone here.. And with snow coming tonight, maybe I'll be able to get into my sewing room tomorrow.
                        Judy

Click HERE to find me and My imagination
                        :icon_wave:

Comment

Kimsophia, so sorry you have to redo the colonoscopy prep. DH has the same problem (apparently, he has an extra long colon) and also has to do the double prep. It's easier to drink warm liquid than cold, so I mixed up the electrolyte solution using warm (bath temperature) water. And be sure to follow a low-residue diet for a few days before doing the prep.

Also, ask your gastroenterologist if you can do an alternative prep. With my first colonoscopy, I drank the 4 liters of Go-Lytely, along with some Dulcolax tablets. Ten years later, they had me drink 2 liters of Gatorade mixed with Miralax. That prep also included Dulcolax tablets and magnesium citrate. It's easier to drink 2 liters than 4.

Incidentally, whoever named it Go-Lytely has a sick sense of humor!

Comment

Originally posted by MSN View Post

Incidentally, whoever named it Go-Lytely has a sick sense of humor!
                            My neighbor said it should be called "Go Harshly"!

Comment

Originally posted by kimsophia View Post
                              My neighbor said it should be called "Go Harshly"!
                              I work in a hospital, and have many friends who are pharmacists. When drug reps visit the hospital pharmacy to promote their products, they frequently hand out pens or sticky notes that are branded with their drug's name. The Go-Lytely rep, however, handed out campaign-style buttons that said, "Go-Lytely Drinking Club." The advertising worked. That was 30 years ago, and I can still remember it.

Comment

Working...
                              X