Well Thursday has arrived

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well Thursday has arrived

What the heck am I doing up at this ungodly hour? Well I have caught whatever bug hubby has. It has started in my chest and my sinuses feel full. We will have to wait and see what comes of it. Needless to say he didn't go to work.

I was out the door around 9:30 am. I got things done that needed to be done. I met with our secretary and got that job done. Bought some groceries. I think I will have to make some chicken soup for us sickies.

I continued quilting and I do see the end in site. So unless I really feel poopie, that is what I will be working on. We are expecting snow today but it doesn't look like it has started yet. That's okay, I don't need to go out now anyways.

Have a great day friends.
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Re: Well Thursday has arrived

Hi Monique, I woke up after sleeping 4 hours so I sitting with my latest quilt finish reading. Hope you don’t feel too lousy today Monique. I started a new quilt last week so my design wall is covered.

Once again we are in full book sale mode. This will be my 10th or 11th year volunteering with this sale. This sale is about a month & a half away & we still have tons of books to sort. But I thoroughly enjoy working with the book sale team of ladies.

Wishing everyone a great day! I think I might try to get a few more hours of sleep now.
    "I'm putting together a list of 100 reasons why I am NOT relentless!" - Sue Heck, The Middle

Leonard: For God's sake, Sheldon, do I have to hold up a sarcasm sign every time I open my mouth?
    Sheldon (intrigued): You have a sarcasm sign?

Comment

I feel poopier than you, Monique. It took me all night but I drank the yukky four liter jug of colonoscopy prep laxative. Urgh...it took all night but that stuff makes me feel like gagging and I couldn't drink it any quicker. Last time I had a bottle of magesium citrate first. Maybe I should have had that prescribed this time too. I better not hafta redo this!

Comment

Good Morning, Everyone ~ Monique, I hope you & Les feel better soon. Never fun being sick. And colonoscopy preps are no fun either. I hope all goes well with your test, Kimsophia.

Another cold morning (14), but not as bad as yest. DS#2 said the therm. on his Explorer yest. a.m. read -12. Some of the mtn. areas of CO had readings of -20's to as low a -43. We're expecting more of the white stuff tonight into tomorrow. I had hoped to go to computer lab tomorrow, but I won't venture out if it's snowing.

Yest. a.m. was BSF. In spite of the cold & snowy streets, most of the ladies made it. I had 1 errand afterwards, then went right home. I did more FMQ in the afternoon. Maybe I can finish the quilting today. I need to make another quilt for a boy. Most of my baby quilts seem to be more girly.

My Triangle Tools from M* came yest. They're for squaring HSTs while they're folded, before pressing open. I hope they're worth the $ I spent on them. I took advantage of the free shipping recently.

Last eve. there was a preview of the new season of Survivor; it was called Survivor at 40. They showed clips from previous seasons & introduced the new contestants. They're all previous winners. This season is called Winners at War. It should be a very interesting season. Boston Rob & wife Amber & Sandra will be among the contestants. This season's winner will get 2 million $ instead of the usual 1 million.

Have a good day.

Comment

Good morning to all. I hope you feel better soon Monique.

Yay for Thursday! Today is opening day for a quilt show here. I'm not a member of the guild but know many of the quilters and vendors. Here is the site with information about the event if you are interested.

https://www.pslcrazyquilters.org/quilt-show-2020.html

I taught my first class ever yesterday at the LQS. It was all about quilting and machine features on our embroidery machines. There were 7 students and it went well for everyone. It was a great experience for me to learn how to read students and help them also.

The confidence boost was needed as I failed on the Zipper install in the pillow class the prior day. LOL! We were using a new technique with a cording foot over a lapped zipper. I failed to catch the bottom of the seam fold 3 times. My sewing sister tried to sew it for me and failed too. I will try one more time and then make the traditional lapped zipper that I already know how to sew.

Comment

Good Morning All,

Yesterday was a busy day. It was nice, and Zeke wanted to be outside. Gabby loved that. We spent time in the back yard moving 'rocks', and in the driveway watching the boy riding his trike. He wanted to mail something, so he drew a picture for Grandma Dot and we walked to the mailbox and sent it to her.

I finished up the keyboard boarder yesterday. The plan is to get the small black border so I can guess-ta-mate the amount of backing fabric I'm going to need.. for backing, last border and the pillow cases. I'll get that ordered today. Hopefully, I'll have it by the end of the week or early next week.

Found out yesterday, another new baby is on the way at church. I guess once I get the calico stars off to the long armers I'll get started on my baby quilts for the year. Thank goodness, I've already picked up the fabrics, so it won't take long to get the top done.

Mike is ready to go to get his taxes done. I guess it's time to start checking off my list. lol, I know I don't have everything yet. I hate gathering up this stuff. Especially, since I've been lousy about filing this year. At least everything is stacked in one drawer.

Gabby has started joining me in the sewing room. She plops herself out of the way of my path between my sewing machine and ironing board. Smart dog. lol.

Have a great day, be creative!
            Katrina

“Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.”
            ― Maya Angelou

Comment

Good morning,
              Pj was walking all over us at 7 and finally got up to fill the bowls. Coffee and a load of laundry going. It's going to snow next few days, a Texas low bringing cold and snow. Other than a dental appt this morning, I can hibernate.

Yesterday DH's cataract surgery went well. We even managed to get follow up appt at end of day, so no need to get up early & drive
              him today. There's another follow up appt next week. All is well. We went to pharmacy and he picked up a pair of readers until he has full eye exam for new Rx. He is amazed at how well he can see. Now he sees cats hairs, spiders and dust bunnies. Maybe this is why after first eye surgery, he has been vaccuming and washing floors in-between visits by cleaning lady. Bonus for me. We spoke to his youngest son, the one I spent day with at ER in Jan with infection & inflamed spleen. He has been doing well, and oh mentioned it was warm there. Where are you? LA for a month working on next Batman movie. That kid! Going to drive us nuts.

I'm interested in buying a treadle machine called The Royal Ruby. I have researched and get conflicting info. Made by Jones in England, but then has Singer box of accessories. Seems some of these were hand crank, but most I see are not in cabinet. So not sure if it was adapted. From picture, the cabinet is in ok shape and don't know if it's working condition. I will probably go see it on Saturday. Maybe someone from UK has seen this one before. Do I need one? Don't have one, want one, but one that works.
              image.jpg

Monique - take it easy. Chicken soup & sewing should do the trick. Kimsophia - I hope all goes well, and no need to repeat.

Have a good day.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

Comment

There have been storms here overnight and it is still raining. Our dog doesn't think she should go out in the rain but she is in her crate until it lets up which she is not happy with either.I would not be happy with a puddle so there she stays.
                Our cat has decided to meow loudly during the night, he wants out but there are coyotes around and I don't want him to be their dinner so he can just howl.
                I am going to get the stop border fabric [backing, too] for my Frolic quilt top so I can finish it up today or tomorrow, I will be glad to see it done or at least ready to sandwich.
                I think the rain has halted briefly, maybe the dog will venture out.

Comment

Happy Thursday,
                  its sunny here, would be nice to be outside sewing, but the engine digger is back.
                  we have already had a purr whoopsie, himself is now discussing how to keep his dna with sir while showering said whoopsie from body work. Thankfully sir is tolerant to most things if in his favour and understands why things are happening, can hear them chatting away to each other.
                  am pondering, a delivery from an online retailer (not msqc), it was supposed to be new not pre-used, in the whole could take them to task, but time, delay in waiting for responses, action, just eat into energy and creative mojo, the items usable so will just go and create, after checking sir and himself are Ok, its all gone very quiet.
                  sending get well wishes , Praying its not the news version Monique. hugs
                  have a great day in what ever you do.
                  T

edit
                  good luck with the scope, hope once will be enough, kimsophia

lovely a long bobbin Jones Suzanne, the machine may of been switched out, the feet should fit if low shank, looks like has a wooden pitman rod from pedal to wheel as well, just oil now and again to keep the moisture in wood,
                  the stains on top can be removed, they look like water marks, but the top would benefit from a rub over with 0000 wire wool that smelly clear liquid which cannot remember name of, then french polish . (there is a video which shows how to remove stains, somewhere in all these, followed his method for mine to future proof it)
                  judging the placement over grill would think the machine will need oiling.
                  treadle do you need one, depends on many circumstances, can only say am happy while using mine.
                  Last edited by 201 Treadler; February 6th, 2020, 07:46 AM.

Comment

Good morning all,

Monique, pamper yourself until that "bug" decides to leave you alone. There seem to be a lot of them going around here in this part of the USA, especially with kids.
                    Kimsophia, been there, done that. You have my sympathy :-( If someone could come up with a more palatable prep method, they might become a millionaire !!

Yesterday was a work day at J's. It was an OK day...not too crazy busy, but enough to make the hours go by quickly. There are some new Asian themed fabrics in the premium quilting cottons that I've been trying to ignore, but they're just so beautiful!! Sooner or later I suppose I will give in. I'll wait for a sale, though.

The pantry project is done, and I'm very happy with how it turned out. I'm still going through kitchen cabinets deciding what I can get rid of or relocate. My goal is to have my countertops cleaned off without so many appliances, etc. sitting out.

Have a good day, everyone. Jeanne

Comment

Morning all,

Waiting to see what the weather is going to do, weatherman says possibility of rain. Need to do some grocery shopping today. I used to do big shopping trips but now with just the two of us I don't stock up on a lot of things as we never know what we feel like eating. Last night we went out for dinner to our favorite fish place, haven't been there in a while so we really enjoyed it.

I've been in my sewing room but haven't accomplished much. Been folding fabrics that need to be put away and just doing some organizing. Trying to see what needs to be ordered that I may be running low on and what interests me for my next project.

Monique, hope you feel better soon.
                      Pcbatiks, wish I lived near you that book sale sounds great. I'm an avid reader and books are my downfall once I pick one up I can't put it down till it's done.

Well, time for me to get a move on. Wishing everyone a good day!
                      If you could choose to be anything choose kindness.

Visit my Flickr page, sewing and cakes!
                      http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/

www.pinterest.com/cathyfiebe/boards

Comment

Good Thursday morning.

I'm experiencing my first winter in SE Missouri. I have lived in Central MO and SW MO but this is a first. I awoke this morning to a dusting of snow, less than a half inch. Two of my co-workers couldn't make it in to the office because it is too slick. We had about an inch of snow several weeks ago and they closed school. It just amazes me that so little snow can close so many things. LOL

Comment

102_0610.JPG The back yard is full of birds... ibis

Whoot, whoot, the top is almost done. I've ordered the backside and it should be here Monday.
                          102_0613.JPG
                          Katrina

“Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.”
                          ― Maya Angelou

Comment

Bob, I know what you mean. When my daughter and I moved from ski country Colorado to SE New Mexico, Alamogordo, she was amazed that they closed the whole town for a snow that didn't even cover the grass. I had to explain that they didn't have any plows, etc and that the people didn't know how to drive on slick roads.

Colonoscopy preps are the ****s! (sorry, I couldn't help myself) but not having a colon is even worse. Just ask my daughter. So get 'em checked!!!!
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by KPH View Post
                              [ATTACH=CONFIG]162652[/ATTACH] The back yard is full of birds... ibis

Whoot, whoot, the top is almost done. I've ordered the backside and it should be here Monday.
                              [ATTACH=CONFIG]162653[/ATTACH]
                              Beautiful Katrina, sure to be treasured by the recipient!
                              If you could choose to be anything choose kindness.

Visit my Flickr page, sewing and cakes!
                              http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/

www.pinterest.com/cathyfiebe/boards

Comment

Working...
                              X