Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Well Thursday has arrived

Originally posted by LauraP View Post

Colonoscopy preps are the ****s! (sorry, I couldn't help myself) but not having a colon is even worse. Just ask my daughter. So get 'em checked!!!!
    The prep work is the worst of all. Been there, done that just before Christmas.
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Comment

We're getting lots of rain here in southern KY. Lake Cumberland has risen almost 2 feet in 8 hours. Last spring the lake reached a record high. It got so high that all 10 floodgates had to be opened and the river downstream was flooded. This year the lake is starting out at a much lower level so maybe there won't be flooding if the rains continue.
      Haven't seen the sun in several days...makes me gloomy. Several school systems in our area have shut down for the rest of the week due to illness. I'm avoiding crowds as much as I can.
      *~* Myrna *~*
      *~* Quilters lead pieceful lives *~*

Comment

We're getting a lot of flooding from the 4 inches of rain since Tuesday. Schools are all closed, some were already closed from illness. Knoxville really goofed. They had to close schools at 10 this morning after many kids couldn't get to school because of flooding. Some one's face is red!

I need to get back to the sewing machine. I just started a new top. It's a block of the month, but I'm several months behind! Between my own bronchitis and DH's everlasting cough, I thought I would never get life back to normal.

My laptop battery gave out over the weekend, so I'm plugged in until the new one arrives tomorrow. I never realized how inconvenient it is to be plugged in. I'm still learning how to use my smart phone. Yes, it's smarter than I am!

I hope all who are sick will soon be well. Be careful in this crazy weather, and try to avoid the flu and this new bug from China.

Comment

Joy, I have those Clearly Perfect Trimmers, if that's what you purchased. Trimming HSTs before pressing open saves so much time. Love them.
          Michele

to the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world...

Comment

Chelea, which one do you have?

Comment

Chelea ~ M*'s product is called Triangle Tools (set of 3), which sell for $19.45. Each one is a dif. color. They are for trimming unopened HSTs, sizes 2.5, 3.5, & 4.5". I hope they will make the trimming easier.

Katrina ~ Your quilt looks beautiful. That piano key border is just the perfect finish for it.

Birds ~ I think our city is a bird sanctuary. In the winter time we have sooooo many Canadian Geese. Twice recently I had to stop for the slow movers to waddle across the road. They stop traffic, which can back up for 3 blocks. Washington Park in Denver is attempting a program to reduce the no. of geese that hang out there. They've become a real problem. They really are dirty birds, making a mess for pedestrians & park users.

Thread snippers ~ If you've watched Donna Jordan's tutorials, you'll notice she uses those thread snippers when she's piecing. With my last order to them, I ordered 2 of those -- one for my DSM & one for the LA. They are very handy, & sharp! Also reasonably priced.

Well, it's time to fix my lunch & get on with the rest of the day.

Comment

Joy - I sympathize with you and apologize for our Canadian poopers. They hang around a lot of our parkways near the river. One of the things they have done is to leave the grasses longer, so they don't track through to cross the road.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

Comment

Originally posted by Dollyquilts View Post
                  Chelea, which one do you have?
                  The ones I have are called the Clearly Perfect Slotted Trimmers. There are 2 of them in the set, one for whole numbers and one for 1/2" increments. You can trim squares from 1 1/2" up to 6 1/2". I think they save so much time over the Bloc Loc rulers because you're trimming before pressing, so there's no turning the block.
                  Last edited by chelea; February 7th, 2020, 11:38 AM.
                  Michele

to the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world...

Comment

Working...
                  X