Monday and a new month

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Monday and a new month

Good morning friends. WOW another month has gone by fairly quickly. January usually drags on but not this year.

We left Friday morning and headed to Phil's place. Maizyn was quite excited to see us. We had supper at Jamie's house. The next morning we left for Kingston where the antique sale was. I did see one vendor who had a few toy sewing machines and one Featherweight. The Featherweight was $265 which isn't a bad price and no I did not buy it. There was a child's machine that came with a wooden box which was more than the featherweight, and no, I didn't buy that either. Hubby did get a tea caddy that he has been wanting. We headed to a mall where there is a Value Village and inside the mall is an antique store. He found a coin he wanted, I bought a 100% white cotton sheet that I will cut up. Michael's in Belleville didn't have the Hobbs batting but I did get a poly bat for 50% off. Michael's in Kingston did and I bought 2 at 45% off. The regular price is $29.99 for queen size. It seems that this is the best price all around for batting. So I am a happy camper. We had dinner at the Keg but our reservation was late, 8:45pm Saturday night. We aren't used to having dinner so late but it was good and we left with full bellies.

I have a few days of work coming up. I have a call to make this morning to work on Wednesday morning and 1 afternoon next week.

Have a wonderful day friends. I am off to read what happened here on the weekend.
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Re: Monday and a new month

Good Morning Monique and those who follow,

Gabby must have been in a home where getting up early isn't the routine. I had to get up early yesterday, I brushed my teeth, blew out my hair, put on my make up, dressed and fixed coffee before she got out of bed. I think she's of the mind, if it's dark you're supposed to be sleeping. I could only wish that was true!

Morgan had her first day shift yesterday. She's off today, so we'll get a late start this morning for home school. Tomorrow, he'll be early. Mike's off today, and we're not doing family dinner. The HOA has a board meeting tonight. I want to be there. They had an issue with the 'old' management company. I want to know what checks they are putting in place to keep the 'new' management company from misappropriating funds. They're asking for an extra assessment this year to make up for the money lost. I'm not happy with that if they don't have some kind of monthly checking system to make sure it doesn't happen again. And I want to know what efforts they're making to get the 'lost' money back!

I guess this afternoon I'll be cutting strips for inner borders and starting on the piano key. I didn't work on my knitting at all yesterday. I hope I'll get a little more done today. We'll see.

This morning, I want to call the vet and see if I can get Gabby in so we can keep her flea/ tick and heart worm meds up to date. I want some advice about her bowl height. She coughs a lot after she drinks. I'm wondering if it needs to be up off of the floor. Her eyes look a lot better. It took a couple of days of washing to get all of the built up gunk off. Now I hope its just a matter of washing her face when I brush her teeth to maintain.

Time to figure out what the boy and I are going to do this week. Have a great day! Be creative!
    Katrina

“Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.”
    ― Maya Angelou

Comment

Good Morning....our phones are up and running again. The phone company wasn’t going to come out until late today so Jeff and I worked on them and fixed them.

I have a few errands this morning and then I have to rest my hands the rest of the day. I’m thinking of trying acupuncture on them again. The pain is severe and keeps me from sleeping. I have tried literally everything for this issue....acupuncture, paraffin dips, CBD products, every cream or spray for pain, braces, steroid shots and physical therapy/massage.

How about our Chiefs winning the SB! Jeff watched it to the end but I fell asleep and missed the best part.

I should get going. It takes me a long time to get showered and dressed lately.

Katrina, I wish our Girls would sleep in!
      Have a great day everyone.
      sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

Originally posted by Bubby View Post
        Good Morning....our phones are up and running again. The phone company wasn’t going to come out until late today so Jeff and I worked on them and fixed them.

I have a few errands this morning and then I have to rest my hands the rest of the day. I’m thinking of trying acupuncture on them again. The pain is severe and keeps me from sleeping. I have tried literally everything for this issue....acupuncture, paraffin dips, CBD products, every cream or spray for pain, braces, steroid shots and physical therapy/massage.

How about our Chiefs winning the SB! Jeff watched it to the end but I fell asleep and missed the best part.

I should get going. It takes me a long time to get showered and dressed lately.

Katrina, I wish our Girls would sleep in!
        Have a great day everyone.
        Barb I hope you are able to find some kind of relief that will help with your hands.
        Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Comment

Good morning, Everyone ~ Well, after a balmy 80 deg. yest., it's snowing this a.m., as predicted, & we are under a winter storm warning. I've heard 3-6" or maybe more. The foothills & mts. will get more than here. I made a point to go to the store yest. for a few last min. items. The groc. store was VERY busy, as I knew it would be. All 12 check stands, plus the self check-outs were open & busy. People were loading up on junk food & cases of soda pop & other beverages. Probably for their SB parties. The only time I'm interested in the SB is if our Broncos are playing, which hasn't been for a long time.

I hand watered the flower beds & sodded grass areas in the afternoon. It's been so dry. I could see where the rabbits have dug out shallow areas in the dirt where they like to sit & sun themselves.

I discovered the mice have been all over the area where I keep my stocking cap, yard gloves, etc. Yuk! It even smelled mousey! I had to throw away the leather gloves, since they're not washable. Some of the older cloth ones I threw out, & I washed up several items in hot water. This is the first year in 41 yrs. we've had such a mouse problem in the garage. So far, we've caught 11 since DH first set all the traps. I vac'd up several areas where there were droppings.

In the past few days I've been organizing my BSF notes and all the quilt patterns I've printed off from M*, Jordan Fabrics, & Bonnie Hunter's Frolic Mystery. My laptop is in the spare BR. I had the bed covered with papers waiting to be put away. It's good to get that done. I think I'm going to set up my old laptop on a wooden board on the bed so I'll be able to use either one as desired. I have a spare Logitech keyboard & mouse.

Today I plan to cook up DH's Anasazi beans. I already started the laundry before 5 a.m. I woke up early -- had a cramp in my L. lower leg. Working on my Bible study lesson also is on the agenda.

It will be a good day to stay inside out of the weather. Just maybe, I can get some sewing done, too. Sure hope so!

Comment

Good morning all,

It's a sunny day to start the week. A busy weekend for sure, and this week is not looking any less busy. I was supposed to go to Victoria Quilts this afternoon, but when I woke up DH had slept in lazy boy. He thinks he cracked a rib yesterday. He was using large scoop to push fluffy snow when he hit a frozen ice patch. His chest slammed into the bar. It was sore but then got worst. It's the same location where he cracked ribs 2 years ago. I called and I will be bringing him to see his doc this aft. Today we start the sequence of eye drops for left eye cataract surgery Wednesday, and last 2 days of eye drops in right eye. Now to keep this organized. Wish for the best.

Yesterday I serged the edges of 20 tea towels and sewed some large microwave plate cozies. I trimmed the batting & turned them while watching the super bowl. Not a sport fan but interested in 1/2 time show and eating wings. Happy the KC Chiefs won. I also brought half of the 5-6 doz banana muffins that I made to my daughter's place.

Happy first Monday of February. Hope the month is slower than last month.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

Comment

Good morning everyone,

Yesterday was my first day back to work at J's since the end of December when I left to spend the month in NC. It was fairly slow at the store...I'm sure it was because of SuperBowl. I'm a little stiff and sore this morning. I need to get back in the groove! After work I stopped at Dollar Tree and WalMart looking for pantry organizing storage. I didn't find much, so I may have to check out Target or Amazon. My DIL in NC is an amazing organizer, so after spending a month there, I am inspired to sort, organize, throw, and donate. We have a kitchen closet that has been a "catch all", so I'm turning it into a proper pantry. I cleaned it out on Sat. and put the first coat of paint on....a nice bright white. Second coat will be today, and hopefully tomorrow I can start putting items in. Then on to the next project....under the kitchen sink :-((

I haven't made it into the sewing room since I've been home, which is surprising since I missed my machine so much while in NC. It needs some organizing in there too. I guess while I have this inspiration, I go with it.

Yesterday was in the 30's with sun on and off. It looks like we'll have sun today as well.

I'm off to get another cup of coffee, then put on my painting clothes. Have a wonderful day, everyone. Jeanne

Comment

Good morning! On Friday, I did a last minute trip with a friend to a quilt store in the afternoon. The store owner had ordered me two sewing machine feet that I wanted to get picked up. On Saturday, our middle son did very well in his bowling game with 3 strikes in the 10th frame - that game he had a total of 5 strikes and 2 spares. He bowls on a youth league on Saturday mornings. That evening I worked on cutting out fabric pieces for a Secret Santa project.

Then on Sunday for some odd reason I was wide wake at 4am. I did some Bible reading and organized the bedside table. I would have sewn but that could have woken people up in the house. We went to church and Sunday school. In the afternoon, the older boys played in the Snowbowl - our church does the youth against the adults in a game of flag football before the Superbowl. Many times it is in the snow and is cold. However, this year it was 55 degrees when they started playing so for some shorts and t-shirt weather. They came home and showered then headed to a friend's house before the Youth Superbowl Party at the church youth room. We dropped our daughter off to the party on the way to friend's house. The Youth watch the game then during half-time, the youth pastor does a devotional time. With this year's half-time show, I am so thankful that the children were not watching it. The youth are well supplied with snack foods and this year they had a Bingo contest with the Superbowl that the youth could win prizes. One of our boys did the stats before the game of who should win - it showed the 49ers. So he was kinda surprised the Chiefs winning. I told him the one thing that is missing in the stats is the heart of wanting to win. I am glad that the Chiefs won. There is a huge celebration on Wednesday in Kansas City with a million people expected - guess the one place that I won't be on Wednesday. I am happy for their win but have no desire to be in that mess. When the Royals won the World Series a couple years ago, people spent hours on the interstates which had turned into parking lots and missed the parade completely.

Today's plan is to first try to get rid of a horrid headache. Then I can hopefully spend some time sewing. The calendar is fairly full for the week so not sure how much time I will get to be sewing this week.

Have a wonderful Monday everyone

Comment

Oh yay, what a beautiful day it is up here! Sunshine and 49 degrees.

My morning started out a bit rough.....slept a little late and I was "unmotivated" to start the day. However, I had a dentist appointment, so I had to get up and going.

I was unhappy with the job I did pin basting my latest quilt so today I took it all apart and used spray adhesive to get the job done. I really dislike using that stuff, but it definitely has its place, and today was one of them. Now, I'm happy with it and I'm hoping I can start quilting tomorrow. I need to move my machine to a couple of banquet tables so I'll have the room to move and the quilt won't get too scrunched up.

Hubby and I took the dogs for our usual afternoon walk. There were some birdies actually singing and peeping in the trees, and something ran through the brush that got the dog very upset. I have no idea what it was, but Kody had his hackles up from his head to his tail. We have Bobcats in the area, so it could have been one of them. I have the doors and windows open and it's very uplifting to see the sun and feel the warm air.

Now I'm going to settle down with a huge cup of coffee and read until I need to move again.

Hugs to all of you, and hoping the rest of your day goes well.
                  Barbara

Comment

Working...
                  X