• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SuzanneOrleansOntario
    replied
    Re: Sunday Morning Hellos!

Good evening,
    I'm usually on my way to la-la land at this time, but I'm still wound up from my weekend. Yesterday was a full day with my daughter and grand-daughter. First lunch, then shopping, the little mermaid show at theatre, more shopping. After dropping them off and giving hugs to the boys,, I got home close to 7pm. DH already had supper, so it was leftovers. It looks like I will be bringing all 3 GKs to Disney on Ice in mid-March.

Today I was up early, stripped the bed, did laundry and made about 5 dozen banana cranberry muffins. I swapped the buttermilk for apple sauce. I brought half over to my DD. The gang will have those gone in a few days. I also picked up a pizza deal & 4 doz wings at local pizza place that had Super Bowl special. They were busy. DH cleaned the driveway, at least it was light and fluffy. We dropped by our neighbours. He had surgery this week to remove cancerous cells near his nose. He is doing well. After that I played in my sewing room, cutting scraps, serging the edges of tea towels, sewingthe microwave bowls. I trimmed the borders while watching the Super Bowl. Although I'm not a sport fan, I do like final games of season and halftime shows. We don't get the same commercials as in US, so nothing impressive. Pleased that KC Chiefs won.

Leave a comment:

• bhaggerty
    replied

Originally posted by KarenC View Post
    Wow Nancy, that must have been some accident, but glad to hear no one was hurt,

Bernadette, I was just thinking about you on Friday. Quilt shop with Super Bowl sale? Are you near Buttons and Bows? If so, that is near my office. You'll need to ping me so we can meet for lunch one day and catch up. Congrats on the new home.

Well, I haven't sewed much in a while. Last weekend I worked on cleaning up the sewing room. Made some progress, but then took a detour. Friday, was spent on errands and yesterday, I decided it was time for a new vehicle. Found a 2019 Infiniti with only 12K miles on it at a great deal. Now I need to figure out how to hook up the GD's car seat. That comes after MSQC.

I want to thank everyone for there suggestions of how to use my scraps (another post). I think I may try doing a bunch of pineapple quilt blocks. What I need to do is quilt a few tops that are ready, we'll see.

Hope everyone has a great day. I may or may not watch the games tonight. Don't really follow the NFL anymore
    Yes! Karen! It is Buttons & Bows!!
    I live close!

Leave a comment:

• MrWoofus
    replied

BEAUTIFUL Sunday here in the midwest. My phone says it's 70 outside. I'm sure we'll pay for it later but, I'll take a sunny 70 degree day anytime.

Got up early, did my laundry, cleaned the kitchen, got my blanket put together and even managed to squeeze in a nap!

Went looking for thread on the way home from work Friday and found some NFL fleece on sale. Good thing/bad thing, they had about 3 inches of Packers fleece and about a million yards of Patriots stuff, The lady at the cutting desk explained "Oh, they send up that stuff "Geographically".

Uhm.... yeah, makes total sense why there would be SO much Patriots stuff, since we're SO much closer to New England. We USED to have a team, remember?

So, I grabbed a few yards and figured I'd throw together a lap warmer type fuzzy blankey kind of thing for a co-worker and his daughter. (She's two, can't blame her for being a Patriots fan!

Came out ok. Patriots on one side, footballs on the other. Makes a good practice piece. Besides, it's the Patriots.

IMG_0902.jpg

Well, gonna get the trash loaded up and to the end of the driveway and get ready to fall asleep to the Superbowl. Go Chiefs! (I guess, since my Packers are not paying)

Leave a comment:

• KPH
    replied

lol, not this morning, Joy. Jim picked me up at 7 this morning. He had rehearsal before Sunday School. I was already at church by the time you posted.

I have all the blocks sewn for the calico stars quilt. I have 2 rows sewn together this afternoon. I'll get the other one stitched together then start pinning the three rows. Oh boy! I love the pattern, but one piece of advice... Don't waste time pressing to the dark side. Holy moly, I had to repress half of all of the blocks to have the seams nest. All of those points make for some thick points.

Time to head back in the sewing room. Gabby would rather keep my chair warm than to go in there. I think it's safer for her in the great room. She did well while I was gone to church and was really excited when I came home.

Happy Groundhog's day, Happy Tutu day, and Happy Candlemas. If you don't care for football, there's plenty to celebrate!

Leave a comment:

• Ginny B
    replied

Good afternoon all. It's a mixture type of day here. The sun peeks out for a bit then it gets cloudy again. We've just been moving slowly this morning. Had a nice leisurely breakfast. Hubby read his paper and I listened to some podcasts. Then I got dinner prepped, cleaned out the fridge (trash day tomorrow), checked to see what groceries we might need for the rest of the week and now dh is off to the store to fill the short list. I am afraid it will be crowded since it is Super Bowl Sunday. I guess we will watch a bit of the game. None of our favorite teams made it this far. �� I had the idea to record the game and then just fast forward through it tomorrow and just watch the commercials. �� Although I agree with you Clair, last year's commercials were disappointing.

Last night we decided to watch a movie and picked Murder on the Orient Express. I had never seen it. Really enjoyed it. Regular tv has had not much to offer so thank goodness for Netflix and Prime. And our cable bill is going up again this month! It's just not worth it anymore.

I spent a bit of time in my sewing room yesterday with my scraps. Trying to get them organized. It's quite a daunting task. Today I think I will start working on a log cabin quilt that I have wanted to make for the guest room for 2 years. This is the year!

Have a wonderful day everyone. Enjoy the game if you watch. I guess I am leaning towards rooting for KC, so go Chiefs.

Leave a comment:

• KarenC
    replied

Wow Nancy, that must have been some accident, but glad to hear no one was hurt,

Bernadette, I was just thinking about you on Friday. Quilt shop with Super Bowl sale? Are you near Buttons and Bows? If so, that is near my office. You'll need to ping me so we can meet for lunch one day and catch up. Congrats on the new home.

Well, I haven't sewed much in a while. Last weekend I worked on cleaning up the sewing room. Made some progress, but then took a detour. Friday, was spent on errands and yesterday, I decided it was time for a new vehicle. Found a 2019 Infiniti with only 12K miles on it at a great deal. Now I need to figure out how to hook up the GD's car seat. That comes after MSQC.

I want to thank everyone for there suggestions of how to use my scraps (another post). I think I may try doing a bunch of pineapple quilt blocks. What I need to do is quilt a few tops that are ready, we'll see.

Hope everyone has a great day. I may or may not watch the games tonight. Don't really follow the NFL anymore

Leave a comment:

• baslp
    replied

Good morning. It’s overcast here and will be in the 40s. I got a lot done on my catch and release quilt yesterday. I plan on working on cutting some more rows today. The rows are rather large, so it should go quickly. We will watch the game tonight.

We had a nice dinner in the city last night. I am glad that we Ubered in. No looking for a parking spot or lot. It was nice to meet new people.
    Have a good day.
    Beth

Leave a comment:

• BethB
    replied

Good morning everyone . . . I actually did a little sewing on Friday afternoon. I started a wall hanging last year (early in the year) and am trying to finish it to enter it in my quilt guild's quilt show in June. It is my own design and can't wait for it to finish. After quilting it on Friday, I cut and sewed the binding but could not find my iron so I put it away for a couple of days. Guess I need to get my room organized really soon.

So yesterday, my daughter and I went to Ikea. It took us close to an hour and 20 minutes to get there. There was an accident on the way down. It was in the northbound lanes of I83 and we were in the southbound lanes so we could see it but it did not affect our travel. It had happened about 5:30 in the morning and had closed the highway for awhile but southbound was opened by the time we got to that area. However, several hours later, when we were returning home, the northbound lanes were still closed (they did not open until about 6 p.m.) and we were stuck in traffic for quite awhile just to get to the exit to get off the highway. We detoured around everything and were able to get back on the highway in about 25 minutes and head the rest of the way home. The accident involved a tractor trailer and a car, fuel spilled on the highway ignited and torched the truck and car. Miraculously, no one was seriously injured.

Back to Ikea. I purchased a shelf with doors for my bedroom to put the printer on and put books and printer paper on the shelves. For my sewing room I bought a cabinet with drawers and a 9 cube (3 x 3) shelving unit. We were about a mile from my house and I realized I had planned on buying 2 of the 9 cube units. Each unit came in 2 boxes and I guess I was thinking that was 2 units . . . or whatever my little peanut brain was thinking. I was tired and ready to leave and wasn't really thinking. Oh well, I will put together what I have and see how everything works and get something from Wal Mart, Target, Amazon or Way Fair or something. So maybe it was meant to be.

This afternoon is a quilt guild meeting. It is our annual 2nd Chance meeting. Members donate items they do not want any more --- doesn't have to be quilting or sewing related. Everything is laid out on tables, you purchase tickets and after putting your name on the back of the tickets you drop a ticket (or 2 or more) in the bags of something you might like. The past couple of years I went home with several tickets because there was really nothing I wanted. They also have an area with items members donate and you bid on the items you might want. I am planning on bidding on some of the long arm quilt services that are usually there. I have a couple of quilt tops I will need quilted in the next couple of months.

So that is what has been happening in my life. Hope you all have a wonderful day and enjoy the Super Bowl if you are a football fan --- me not so much.

Nancy

Leave a comment:

• Claire Hallman
    replied

I like the replaying a movie idea. I frequently put on the Hallmark channel for that reason. It might be a different cast but pretty much the same movie over and over, love it.

Leave a comment:

• minipinlady
    replied

Good Morning =)
    The only football I have seen is Lucy pulling the ball back on Charlie Brown. That's enough for me, lol. Grey day here as well, now and again a tiny dust of snow falls. Sounds like a good day to start a new quilt, thinking another little dog quilt. I keep postponing making my son's large Canadian quilt. Just feel like making something where the end is in sight. Sounds like a good day to let a movie I have seen before play while I start a project and enjoy cups of tea. Hope every one is having a really good day.

Leave a comment:

• bhaggerty
    replied

Hello! Happy Super Bowl Sunday!
    Back on the forum after a long hiatus! We down-sized and moved from the burbs back into Houston. Much better for DH’s commute,
    We still have a storage unit of stuff I need to clear out. Thankfully our new home has a sewing room for me and my stash. Finally getting settled and getting back to some sewing. I joined the 2020 finishing group and basically reposted the same list as the year before.
    I found 2 quilt shops near my home and There is also a JoAnns super close. One of the quilt shops is having a store-wide sale 20% off today (they normally are not open on Sundays) as a super bowl sale. I bet they will do well today.
    I am also now about 15-20 min from the George R Brown Convention center - so anxiously awaiting the Houston International Quilt Festival this fall!

Heading to church soon, then tennis, then sewing while DH watched the big game!

Bernadette

Leave a comment:

• JulieC
    replied

Good Morning!

It is another overcast day. We had a little bit of sunshine yesterday afternoon! I almost forgot what it looked like. Temps today will be mild, in the upper 40's. I have to run up to the grocery store in a little bit. Here's hoping it won't be too busy with people prepping for the Super Bowl.

I went to see Mom yesterday. She is doing better, much calmer. We have a meeting with her care team on Wednesday, I guess we're supposed to have those once a month. I was a little annoyed when they called me after 7pm one night and wanted to meet the next day. It wasn't an emergency. I explained that I still work, and I'm not taking an emergency day off if it isn't one. My sister and I will be there for Mom's 90th birthday on Wednesday. We can meet with them after.

I have my spring twist quilt laid out on my design floor. I forgot how much my brain hates true scrappy -- I started laying it out and did not like it at all. I like this layout much better, but I keep swapping blocks. I need to start sewing soon or I will never stop swapping them around. Fabric.com had a couple of the coordinating fabrics still in stock (I bought the jelly roll last year). I ordered fabric for the border and backing.

I better get going to the grocery store. I am making Mom a couple of pillowcases for her birthday. That will be my project this afternoon.

Have a great day!

Leave a comment:

• BarbaraB
    replied

Good Morning everyone,

It's another grey overcast day here in paradise, but at least it's warmer and not windy. I was able to get outside early again this morning and go for a walk. My goal is to be walking 3 to 4 miles a day by the time it's late spring. A few years ago I was racking up 120 miles in a month without a care.....

Yesterday I played around in the Bernina Toolbox software that my hubby bought me right after Christmas. It doesn't play well on my 4K laptop screen, so I haven't had any desire to use it and get a headache. But now I'm getting the quilting designs ready for the crazy quilt and they need to be resized slightly. I spent hours reading the manual and trying out features and it's really quite simple to learn. I was able to get a design from the computer to the sewing machine and make a test block. However, sometime after that when I went to open the program again, it wouldn't work. Just stone cold refused to open. So either the Windows and Dell updates that were done after I successfully used the program screwed something up, or else I did something wrong when I activated the program. The instructions for the program are horrible and very confusing. I emailed tech support, but haven't had a reply yet. I'm an impatient sort of person, and I have a feeling that I'll delete the program and reinstall it.

Something else I think I'll have to do is remove the pin basting (approximately 600 safety pins) from the quilt and rebaste it using basting spray. I couldn't tell you why I think pin basting won't work...it's just a gut feeling. I will look at the quilt again and give it some more thought. My test piece was spray basted and it came out nicely. Less weight with spray basting too. It's all part of the learning process.

We're supposed to be getting some snow today, and of course it's Superbowl Sunday...hubby will be in his man cave and I think I'll just bumble around doing whatever strikes my fancy. I hope you all have an enjoyable day!!!

Leave a comment:

• Claire Hallman
    replied

It is a beautiful sunny day here after several gray ones, I really appreciate it. It means my sewing room will be toasty warm.
    Not much planned for today, we might watch the bowl just for the commercials. We did last year and I was not impressed.
    Last night we had soup with DH cousins and it was fun catching up.
    I spent some time working on the Frolic mystery quilt yesterday, quite tedious lining up all the little intersections but I will persevere and get it done, maybe today, maybe tomorrow...next week.... or one of theses days.

Leave a comment:

• Bubby
    replied

Good morning everyone. Our landline phones have been out since yesterday. Thank goodness I have an iPad.

We had a nice Saturday. We shopped for new boots for Jeff and visited with friends in the afternoon. While we were in town we pigged out on Mexican food for lunch.

Today us SuperBowl Sunday. I have zero interest in football but we hope the Chiefs win.

I’m planning my next quilt but my hands won’t let me use a rotary cutter yet.

I hope everyone has a great Sunday.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X