Welcome Friday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Welcome Friday

Good morning friends. It is a dark start to the day this morning.

Yesterday I spent too much time on the computer and then my neighbour came over and I installed a tax program on her laptop so she could practice. Then I quilted the rest of the day. I am making progress on the quilt.

Today we are headed to my son's for a visit. Michael's has a 50% off coupon for today only. AND they have batting so I am hoping to get some today. I guess I will be making several trips in and out of the store, LOL!! I know Phil will take me there. And I want to go to the Dollar Tree as I like it better than Dollarama. Tomorrow we will head to Kingston and then Sunday, back home.

So have an awesome day friends and weekend to boot.
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Re: Welcome Friday

My goodness you're up early this morning Monique. Have a safe trip and a great visit.

Jeff has to work a double shift today so it will also be a long day for me. I have hopes of getting some housework done if the Girls will let me. They have to be in the middle of everything I do and that makes housework much more time consuming but fun. Maggie likes to take the dust rag and hide it and Sugar loves attacking the vacuum. These two are natural clowns.

It's time to wake up my household and begin our day. If all goes well I plan to squeeze in some sewing time.

Have a great day everyone!
    sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

Good Morning, Everyone ~ Colder this a.m. Our thermometer says 20, but the weather web site says 14; 50's today & 60's are expected Sat. & Sun., then snow on Mon.!

It was a long wait to get in to see the dr. yest. afternoon. This is a new dr. for us. We both liked her. She was thorough. She spoke up loud enough so DH could hear her; he is so hard of hearing! He's not one bit interested in hearing aids. His blood tests at the ER last week showed his sodium level had dropped. (It's chronically low.) She upped his salt tabs. to 3/day & wants to re-check his sodium level in 2 wks. She ordered a cardiology consult. Next appt. to see her in 3 mos.

I've noticed with this new laptop that my M* daily e-mails now are going into my junk folder. Jordan Fabrics, too. So I regularly have to check that folder. I'll have to think if there is anything I want so I can take advantage of today's DD of free shipping. I've been considering buying that 3 pc. Triangle Tools set for trimming 2.5, 3.5, & 4.5" HSTs. I use my Creative Grids 6.5" square ruler for the 6.5" HSTs.

Monique ~ We have 3 Dollar Tree stores in our town. Two are sort of cluttered; the other one is well organized & clean, which is where I shop occasionally.

House cleaning is on my agenda for today. With all the hub bub of activities in the past week, it took a back seat. Unlike Barb, I won't have any "helpers" running off with my dust rag or barking at the vacuum. LOL.

Comment

Good morning! Not sure what the weather will be like today as yesterday I woke up with fibro pain and could not figure out why. Turns out there was snow on the way that had not been forecasted. Not much but enough of a weather change to affect those who deal with weather changing pain.

I’ve been working on Secret Santa. I think I’ve figured out what I want to do for each month. I decided to go ahead and get started as I seem to have a little more time available now than when the weather warms up. Depending upon how things go, I am hoping to get to the sewing room for a bit today. I have some errands to run this morning. And who knows what else might happen during the day.

Have a grand Friday everyone

Comment

Good Morning All,

It's another dreary day. Merciful heavens, I know the sun is out there somewhere! It would be nice to see it, or just go on and rain already! Pick one!

I worked on chevron blocks yesterday. Mike and I worked on placement for the first row of three. They are stacked and ready to sew. I'm just not really in the mood to sew! I'll probably get out the cork board so I can lay out each block so I can keep them in order. If I can motivate myself.

Simply Quilting, I've been making my lists. I have a couple of things to start working on. I think I'm more excited about that than the quilt that I'm supposed to be working on!

Well, nothing is getting done while I'm sitting here. Have a wonderful day!
          Katrina

“Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.”
          ― Maya Angelou

Comment

Good Morning All,

JCY, I heard that if you add those addresses to your address book this should prevent them from going into junk folder. If they are already in your address book maybe there is something a little different about them. Just a thought. I hope you get it worked out.

I hope you all have a great day.

Comment

Good morning all,

Sunny and cold. Don't mind the cold as long as it's sunny. Yesterday I had a wonderful massage and long visit with mom & sitter. Then I made 4-3lbs freezer meals of chicken & mushroom cheddar bake. Good for sewing days. I didn't get to the ripe bananas, so today I will make muffins to share.

My agenda is clear today, so just going to tackle those nagging to-do items. Most won't take long, but I seem to proscrastinate. I was tempted by some of the daily bolts on sale, then realized they won't ship here boh well, just as well. I still have a pile to put away.

Have a good day.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

Comment

Good Morning All!

Yes a dreary day here but is is COOL! so I will take it. Here I sit waiting on the installers to maybe show up and finish my porch. I am so over all this - it was supposed to be done around Thanksgiving - guess they didn't specify which one. But, since it is nearly 10 am,, I'm guessing another no show day.

I am going on a little retreat in a few weeks and trying to figure out a project to take and work on. There won't be a lot of room to lay anything out - or work for that matter, so will have to be something simple. Maybe I should work on finishing something up, but not sure which. I have been working so much - with no end in sight (except retirement later this year) and have done very little sewing lately, so kind of loosing my way on what I want to do next.

Hope everyone has a Blessed day - and weekend!
                Donna

Comment

102_0603.JPG102_0603.JPG

Well, 3/9 blocks are done. Man, those are massive blocks! When I laid them on the bed, I started with the first on the edge, and you can see how much the third falls over. This is making me reconsider borders... but I have to remember I'm making this for a California King and I just have a queen.

I didn't stitch them together just in case we have to shift things around. We'll see how much Mike and I can get sorted out this afternoon.
                  Katrina

“Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.”
                  ― Maya Angelou

Comment

The sun is shining and the winds have finally slowed down. We had three days of over 40 mph sustained wind. Sure rocked the trailer a few times. It's 62 and only 10 am. y Sunday we are supposed to be back in the low 80's. We are headed up the highway to Quartzsite this afternoon. They have a massive tent shopping center with anything you could ever possibly want available.

Now that we don't have a house to support we are finding we have more money so I am going to replace my husbands entire shirt wardrobe! I am so tired of seeing the same old shirts.

I have been sewing zipper bags lately. My husband likes them for his screws, nails and small parts. His I make out of denim or heavier cotton. Some I embroider and some I don't. Also still filling the family's cupboard and drawers with embroidered dish towels and pillowcases.

Don't tell the dog but he is getting a B A T H today so I better get after it.
                    sigpic

Comment

Suzanne, earlier this week you mentioned dreaming about sewing. I've worked on my Gypsy Wife quilt so much this week that I was dreaming about quilt blocks last night. This morning I woke up with a headache! I need a day off from sewing. Tomorrow is GW class and I'm all caught up so can just play around with the new blocks in class.
                      I'm headed out to my favorite consignment shop in a bit. Hope you all have a peaceful day.
                      Michele

to the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world...

Comment

NancyH ~ At your suggestion I tried to put the e-m address from the DDs into my address book. It would not allow it -- said it wasn't in the right format. So I guess I'll just keep checking my junk folder on a daily basis.

I did browse the square up rulers at Amazon, etc., & decided to take advantage of M*'s free shipping for the 3-pc. Triangle Tools. They look like they'll be handy. I already have the strip tube ruler. I'm getting the "itch" to sew again, but life keeps getting in the way!

This a.m. I decided to make a run to the groc. store. I needed just a few things. I don't want to brave the stores on the week end just prior to the Super Bowl. It's always a mad house.

It's sunny & 60 deg. It got warmer than they predicted. We can enjoy the "warm before the storm" this week end. A change is coming on Mon. & Tues.

I'm still shopping for a home intercom set.

Comment

Originally posted by chelea View Post
                          Suzanne, earlier this week you mentioned dreaming about sewing. I've worked on my Gypsy Wife quilt so much this week that I was dreaming about quilt blocks last night. This morning I woke up with a headache! I need a day off from sewing. Tomorrow is GW class and I'm all caught up so can just play around with the new blocks in class.
                          I'm headed out to my favorite consignment shop in a bit. Hope you all have a peaceful day.
                          Sorry you got a heachache. I usually dream of sewing and quilting when I have been deprived of sewing / quilting. I love consignment shopping also.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

Comment

Working...
                          X