Lagartera Embroidery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lagartera Embroidery

Hello friends of the forum, when I was 11 years old, in my schoold they taught me notions of sewing and the embroider with the techniques of some Spanish cities, and among all there was an embroidery called Lagarterana that I liked so much that I made table runners, napkins,and a large tablecloth and 18 napkins, and it takes more than a year to finish it, and all those jobs are in a somewhat forgotten closet. But the other day on Pinterest I saw some women with traditional Lagartera costumes and the memory came back, so today I want to share with you this embroidery that has many centuries of history, but still exists. Today the women of Lagartera, a town of Toledo, they don´t was something so beautiful to be forgotten despite the embroidery machines they have invented, but they still retain the old manual techniques and the patterns. Well I hope you like the photos where you can see women with the typical costumes, tablecloths, bedspreads, and finally my work. Greetings. Rosario141 - BORDADO DE LAGARTERA.jpg142 - BORDADOS DE LAGARTERA- TRAJES TIPICOS.jpg143 - BORDADOS DE LAGARTERA - TRAJES POR DETRAS.jpg144 -BORDADOS DE LAGARTERA - TRAJES TIPICOS DE NIÑAS.jpg145 - BORDADOS DE LAGARTERA -COLCHA.jpg146 - BORDADO DE LAGARTERA-MANTEL.jpg147 - BORDADO DE LAGARTERA- MANTEL Y SERVILLETAS.jpg148 - LABORES DE LAGARTERA.jpg149- BORDADO LAGARTERA.jpg150 -BORDADO LAGARTERA. SERVILLETAS DESHILACHADO.jpg

Re: Lagartera Embroidery

So beautiful they could make me cry. How wonderful that the traditions continue and a shame that this beautiful work may be sitting in a dark closet and not appreciated. Thank you for sharing.
    “Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.” ― John Muir
    “We can be many things in this life, choose to be kind!” ― author unknown

Comment

wow.jpg

Beautiful. I can see why it would take so long. I hope you use yours.
      Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Comment

Such lovely art.
        TRUTH is seldom appreciated, unless you happen to agree with it. When you don't agree, you just call it rude.

Comment

These are such beautiful works of art! I can see why they take so long, but so worth the time. Thank you for sharing!
          Lyn

If I ever got it all together, I'd be too tired to do anything with it.
          🙄

Comment

Thank you so much for sharing another beautiful tradition. I did a lot of embroidery when younger and still have many of those pieces. I have decided to use them so they can enjoy the light of day. My family does not appreciate these fabric arts, alas.
            No act of kindness, however small, is ever wasted.
            Aesop

Comment

WOW! Beautiful. I probably would not let anyone touch them if they were mine. Well, maybe.

Gina

Comment

Working...
              X