Wednesday hellos!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wednesday hellos!!

Good morning friends. It was a relatively quiet day yesterday. I spent most of it hand quilting. I did venture out to hubby's cousin's place to have a look at some clothes that they want into memory quilts. Well they are all mens suits and pants, some look and feel like wool. I think it is doable. Not sure if I need stabilizer or not. I guess I will just have to take a suit apart and see. I believe the family want two lap sized quilts made. I am waiting on word about that.

So today won't be much different from yesterday. I did go looking for white fabric thinking I may have to buy some but ALAS I have a king size 100% cotton sheet that I will cut up into usable pieces. Going away this weekend I will check at Value Village for some cotton sheets, perhaps in solid colours.

I don't think I will be headed anywhere today. My neighbour may come over so I can install a tax software on her laptop so she could practice for this tax season. I use TurboTax to do our taxes.

So that is it for me. Have a wonderful day my friends.
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Re: Wednesday hellos!!

Just a pop in to say hello before heading to work. Have a good day.

Comment

Good Morning,

Zeke is on the way, so I don't have long. I finished ironing the half square triangles yesterday, and I'm short 4 squares. I guess, my layer cake was short one piece? Oh well, I have another pack, so I pulled some fabric and started pressing. I was thinking about putting a HST pieced border, but I think I'll make a piano key border instead. I'm kind of sick of HSTs right now.

Well, the Tiger just kissed my arm, and Zeke's dad is fixing his breakfast. Have a great day!
      Katrina
      “Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.” Maya Angelou

Comment

Quick morning hellos,

I'm off to Cornwall, an hour away for a sale at LQS & also visit other LQS with a GF. It was supposed to be a road trip with the 2 couples, but DH had an allergic reaction to white t-shirt that I washed with white placemats in OxiClean. He started coughing, wheezing and feeling itchy and nauseous during night. Me bad. I didn't think he would react when I threw it in the laundry at last minute. He is very sensitive to perfumes, smells and soaps.

Yesterday, I ran errands & dropped by Value Village. 30% off day for seniors, so I got new packs of printer address labels and business cards for craft shows. Also picked up 3 large pieces of beautiful quilting cottons. Score. After lunch, my GF Pat came with me to visit mom. We stayed for choir, it was just ok. Mom loved it. Then my son came for dinner. We had leftover lasagna and chicken stew. He is off this week using only 15 hrs of leave to get a week off. I sewed on binding on another VQC top, and have 2 sides handsewn.

Gotta run. Have a good day.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

Comment

Good Morning, Everyone ~ After heavy frost & 24 deg. yest. a.m. the temp. got up to a balmy 52 deg. One of the rabbits sat in the corner of the patio flower bed much of the day, dozing in the sun. I don't know how they sit so still for so long.

Monique ~ Taxes! Yup, they're looming around the corner. We're still waiting for some of our statements, but I could start totaling up other things. Just haven't wanted to do it yet. We have a CPA from our church do our taxes. She works out of her home & is very reasonable.

Suzanne ~ Laundry detergent. I also am very sensitive to perfumes & fragrances. (However, not as bad as your DH.) Some of the fabric softener odors are more potent than perfumes. I've been using Arm & Hammer's perfume & dye free detergent for years.

Today is BSF, my week to play the piano. I didn't get started on my lesson until yest. afternoon; I didn't get it finished. I'll have errands after BSF. I need to stop by Vitamin Cottage to pick up the case of soy milk I ordered. I plan to return those computer speakers to Staples & get my $ back. I'm still shopping for a new intercom system.

Comment

Well it's Hump Day!
            Yesterday was a total waste for me; I'd gotten maybe four hours of sleep and was a menace to myself and all who came near. No sewing or pressing.
            Today my plan is to continue to hand sew a binding onto a queen size UFO, and when the hands give out, I'll starch and press the backing for my crazy quilt and start the basting process. That reminds me that I need to figure out which batting I want to use and get it unpacked so it can relax. I'm really hoping to get the UFO finished so I can claim two finishes for January. Last night I found some nice quilting patterns that I'll use to quilt the crazy quilt on the embroidery machine.
            Well it's time to start the day.....hope everyone has a great day!
            Barbara

Comment

Well my week started off horribly and has not gotten any better. My dad was getting stronger and almost to the point of possibly scheduling a date for the partial amputation, but Monday evening he suffered a massive stroke. We are currently in the CCU unit at local hospital and I am a wreck myself. Seems each test comes back with good news and BAD NEWS!. Lost my voice but I do have a follow up appt today with ct scan of my lung, so hopefully he can a prescription for me from him without going to an urgent care office somewhere. I am so overwhelmed with fears and tears right now. So many keep telling me how strong I am and proud of me but frankly I feel so weak and inadequate. A prayer for us would be appreciated.

Comment

Mimi, prayers on the way for you and your dad.
                Finished a quilt for my cousin in Texas and made a tote bag to store it in as well. Got it in the mail yesterday and they both fit in a priority mail box so I didn't have to find a box and tape it up. Should arrive there tomorrow. She will be surprized because I did not tell her I was making it for her. HeHeHe
                No act of kindness, however small, is ever wasted.
                Aesop

Comment

Good morning! Yesterday was a session of what worked well and areas of improvement for the event that was Saturday night. Also worked on getting ideas of live and silent auction items. Then we can work on doing them one at a time throughout the year. With Holly's talent of designing, the possibilities are endless since we can print almost anything through spoonflower.

Last night after the 4-H council meeting, I worked on a snap basket. I think I am going to do what another lady did and resize the pattern to different sizes for an assortment of baskets. The cool part is they lay flat for easy storage or travel. Then I started sewing on a table topper.

Today I am hoping to sew on the table topper. There are a few errands for me to do later.

Mimi, prayers for your dad and you.

Have a good day everyone

Comment

Originally posted by Mimi_Howard View Post
                    Well my week started off horribly and has not gotten any better. My dad was getting stronger and almost to the point of possibly scheduling a date for the partial amputation, but Monday evening he suffered a massive stroke. We are currently in the CCU unit at local hospital and I am a wreck myself. Seems each test comes back with good news and BAD NEWS!. Lost my voice but I do have a follow up appt today with ct scan of my lung, so hopefully he can a prescription for me from him without going to an urgent care office somewhere. I am so overwhelmed with fears and tears right now. So many keep telling me how strong I am and proud of me but frankly I feel so weak and inadequate. A prayer for us would be appreciated.
                    Lifting prayers for you and yours. Hopefully, they'll be able to get you some medication so you'll feel better. Take care of yourself first, I know it's the hardest thing to do when so many plates are in the air.
                    Katrina
                    “Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.” Maya Angelou

Comment

Good afternoon! Mimi so sorry to hear about you sickness and your dad’s health situation. Hope you all get better soon!

Monique, i made a memory quilt for a friend usi g his late wife’s business clothing. His wife wore queen size clothing and he brought me a huge pile of her dresses that were tent type dresses. They filled my whole bedroom! I asked hime to pick out 20 of his favorites and take the rest away. We decided on a simple random square pattern with some borders from her mumu style dresses with border prints. The dresses were assorted fabrics, cottons, rayons, wools, denim, twill. Many were suiting weight and colors. So i jazzed up the somber colors with the bright prints, all cut into 5” squares and made into 9 patches. Once I got going after cutting hundreds of squares, it went together easily. It turned out nice and he liked it. So it is possible to do even with wools.
                      12F1F0E6-D98A-45C6-B5D1-575531A12C33.jpeg

Snowing a bit here but nothing is sticking. Just another grey winter day.

Comment

It's when we are weak that God is strong. My prayers are coming your way for you and your Dad. Hugs......
                        sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

Good afternoon all,

Mimi, I just said a prayer for you and your dad.

I arrived home yesterday from my month in NC. After 12 hours of flying (3 planes) and layovers, I was exhausted, but didn't sleep very well. DH had piled up the mail for the whole month, and it took me two hours today to sort it all! Three piles: throw, recycle, and keep.

Believe it or not, the Christmas tree is still up. I left in a hurry ( there were concerns about the baby) only a couple of days after Christmas, so I just left it to deal with after I got home. So that's on the "to do" list. I better get busy unpacking my suitcase and backpack. The sewing room was left in a mess....add that to the list. I don't work at J's until Sunday, and I hope to get organized before then, with maybe a little sewing thrown in. I sure missed my sewing machine while I was gone!

Jeanne

Comment

Mimi
                            So sorry for you and your father's miseries.
                            Prayers offered for you both.
                            Kathy

Comment

Mimi ~ Thoughts & prayers for you & your dad.

Jeanne ~ We still have our little table Christmas tree up. I put it up late, so we still are enjoying the lighted tree early in the mornings & evenings. There are no holiday police here! LOL!

I keep hoping life will settle down a bit so I can do some of the usual house cleaning & resume sewing & quilting.

Comment

Working...
                              X