Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pillows

Hi friends
    Am looking for a comfortable pillow, that will help keep everything in right alignment
    that will hopefully support,
    not get too warm,
    will allow movement, i.e spring back, when changing position,

have found 2 examples that do not know if will work or not
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/Misiki-Orth...itchen&sr=1-35

https://www.amazon.co.uk/LEVESOLLS-O...itchen&sr=1-51

does anyone use these curvy type pillows, and can offer insight to whether these work better than a normal pillow,

any help would be useful
    T

Re: pillows

I had the second type and I didn't like it. Now your first one is something I'm going to look into myself. I've never seen one like it before.Right now I have 2 'gel' pillows and my neck and back don't like them at all.
    sigpic

Lorie

Comment

My ear hurts on most pillows. i 've gone through many of them in the last few years. just bought one at Kohl's by Serta. it is fluffy and stays that way nicely. I turn it over almost daily. this one does help my ear not get sore but i also fold an old sleep mask up and place that just above my ear and lay on that for the night. also helps!!
      the pillow is in packaging with bright light green colors and says Total Protection on it. Good luck.

Comment

This one looks interesting. I think I would buy two so I could roll over to the other side.

https://www.amazon.com/DMI-Hugg-Pill...s%2C300&sr=8-7
        sigpic

Lorie

Comment

thanks for suggestions
          still looking

Comment

I just got rid of a memory foam pillow after having it about a year. On the plus side it was very dense and did not get all squished down when I laid on it. Good if you are congested and need a little extra height and using 2 pillows under your head. The bad part? It smelled just horrible!! I tried Febreeze and airing it outside about a dozen times and could never get rid of the smell. I even Googled it and found it was from something called "off gassing" but could not find out how to get rid of the sour sickly smell. So if you are not shopping online but at a store, I highly recommend trying to open the package and smell the pillow if possible before you buy one.

Comment

I'm still a feather pillow fan. I get hot with anything with foam in it. Plus I like to fluff up the pillow as needed for comfort. I was going to buy some new pillows a while back, but I couldn't find (locally) a feather pillow to meet my needs. The source & type of feathers were questionable, or the pillow was too fat, or there was an odor. (I did open the package a bit to smell.) One of my friends had one of the those foam curvy support pillows & loved it, but I know I personally wouldn't like it. I hope you find something that fits your needs.

Comment

I have one like the second example. It's quite firm so I use a very soft, flat pillow on top of it. I think finding the right pillow has to be one of life's greatest challenges, lol.

Comment

I have arthritis in my neck, and had a hard time finding a decent pillow. The only thing that really works for me is good feather pillow. They are conformable and easily pushed into any shape or thickness you need at the moment.
                  TRUTH is seldom appreciated, unless you happen to agree with it. When you don't agree, you just call it rude.

Comment

Hi everyone
                    thank you all for the advice
                    should of said, allergy's stop from using a feather pillow,
                    himself says we should go and smell the pillows, after both reading the above advice, not thought of off gassing before
                    this does seem to be a challenge, wonder if they have smelling vents in packaging
                    many thanks for the suggestions
                    T

Comment

The best pillow I have ever owned came from Sleep Number store. I have and love the bed so after going through what you are going through.....buying one pillow after another to find the "right" one for me and having spent I don't know how much money. I saw the Air Pillow at Sleep Number store and hope to be able to replace it with the same pillow when needed. The magic of this pillow is it has a small valve on it and you can adjust the fullness by blowing air into it and get it just to the perfect fullness for you. The cover is removeable and washable and I have had mine for several years and it is still perfect for me. This pillow is pricy....close to $200 but I haven't bought another pillow since I got this one!
                      I see you are in the UK so don't know if they are available there or not.
                      Here is a link to the pillow.
                      https://www.sleepnumber.com/All-Pill...s/p/Pillow-AFP

Comment

Hi Murphy,
                        Thank you for the suggestion did have a look, slightly over the price range for us but am so pleased you found the one
                        we just back from a trip out and managed to get a memory foam classic one that does not smell for £20 its not a fancy shape.

While emptying the car, sir purr decided to sit on the plastic packaging of it, grumble, he did not want to move, grumble, so guess its past sir purrs test, honestly cant turn back for one second!!

Now this smelling the pillows lark, they have anti steal lugs on the zips,so smelling is not easy, himself held and squeezed pillow while I braced self for nasal assault, these do not smell, (perhaps the packaging has aired them while in the store) there were a few memory foam ones there, mostly quite smaller than what thought looking at online pictures, we tested the squeezability before snifter test, dare not think what the security folk thought!! alas the head test will be soon and sir purr is banned!!

We enjoyed the trip, the place has many sewing things, curtains, blinds, beautiful bedding covers, even kitchen wear.
                        janome have made a super cute sewing machine,the size wise think would fit in a featherweight case, thankfully was on the top shelf out of reach
                        many thanks for all your help,
                        T

Comment

Working...
                        X