Wednesday moring greetings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wednesday moring greetings

A restless night again, dreams, both cats sandwiching my legs, Sox snoring so loud. So I decided to get up at 3am and headed to sewing room. I worked on bowl cozies.

Yesterday didn't go as planned. I did go see mom and I noticed that she was more distracted, lost. I find this happening more. She worries about everything if I don't go. I try to explain that I have a house to run - laundry, groceries, meals to prep, housework and helping DD. She seems to forget that retirement doesn't mean sitting around watching tv all day. I ran errands, groceries. I wasn't feeling great, so I tried to relax. It was early to bed, no sewing. Maybe that's why I'm up early, didn't get my sewing fix.

I have a hair appointment for cut & colour today, and probably a nap afterwards.

Have a good day.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

Re: Wednesday moring greetings

Good morning Suzanne. I was up at 5:30, well out of bed at that hour, spent about 1/2 hour with my brain just a buzzing, LOL!!

I did get to Victoria's Quilts yesterday. We put a new quilt on the frame, one that I made with Bonnie's stash. So I will look forward to quilting that and thinking of Bonnie as well.

Got home and put a load of laundry on. Hubby wasn't long behind me. Supper was leftovers. I put away 'stuff' in the sewing room. Now I have to pick out something to do. Today I may try and get that quilt sandwiched but I have to take it over to the community centre to do that. We shall see.

The temperatures on the rise this week. I really hate the deep freeze so this is welcomed. Hubby works this evening. So I don't know yet what my day will turn out like.

Have a wonderful day friends.
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Comment

Good Morning, Everyone ~ I have only a few min. I need to mix up my salad for the fellowship potluck lunch today. BSF this a.m. with our lunch following at one of the lady's homes. It's our BSF discussion group. Right after lunch, I need to go the the jr. college for the computer workshop, which is from 1:30 to 4 p.m. I have 2 pages of questions! I'll have to pack up my laptop to take along before I leave this a.m. It will be a busy day. DH doesn't like to be left alone for such a long time, but he'll have to cope.

Yest. p.m. I put in 2 sessions of FMQ. I now have 6-1/2 blocks of 12 done. I'm making progress.

The temp. still is milder this a.m. It's been above freezing the past 2 mornings. High yest. was 52. I need to get outside soon & hand water the flower beds; they're looking very dry.

I need to get on with my day.

Comment

I had a great sunny day yesterday, went to a quilt shop with a friend then a nice lunch then browsing an antique shop. When I got home I cooked up some spaghetti sauce. You can't ask for much better.
        I found backing for a recently finished top that I am having done by a long arm artist and backing for a batik/black background pattern I recently cut out.
        I got the brown thread I needed to finish up the binding on two throws and the most luscious fat quarter group to make something fallish. Maybe place mats eventually but for now it will be eye candy on a shelf above my machine. I sure do need to dust that shelf

Comment

Happy Wednesday
          the suns shining again, managed to drag self out of the bed, thought the white nets sure do look grey, may wash them, of course this is team work so himself agreed we could do it, we set on with a few laughs along the way, then we were hungry, so set to making lunch, am now sat treadling (with the the balance wheel knob un tight) while writing this , can feel legs getting heavy, but at least exorcised.
          the purrs are extremely happy, they tried a new flavour food today with some cat milk, now in the land of
          was funny mischief was in zz land as opened the food packet, the nose awoke first ,then whiskers twitched, one eye before the other, front paws stretched, a shuffle, back paws, tail twitched and mischief was up, heading to the plate. sir has had a rest before insisting himself be dragged round the yard on his lead, great fun.
          have a great day,
          hugs T

Comment

Good morning all. It's bright and sunny but still a bit chilly. We are up to 31 now. The weekend was busy and productive. We headed up to John and Rob's to help them get the place ready for the realtor to take pictures. She and her team came yesterday and all went well. Yesterday hubby and I spent a good amount of time going through the closet in the downstairs guest bedroom. There is a whole bunch of stuff from my step daughters in there. We are boxing it up and they will need to take possession and decide what they want. We have been talking about the possibility of moving in a few years and I don't want to wait until then to go through everything. We have enough of our own "stuff" that needs going through.

Today I will spend some time sewing . I worked on organizing my scraps on Saturday so I may do a bit more of that too. It looks like the other grandparents are picking Henry up today so the day is totally ours. We had him yesterday. I like being able to share the picking up with them. We love him to bits but it is nice to have days where I don't need to watch the clock in the afternoons.

Laundry is done and dinner is ready to go so I'm off to decide what I will do now. Enjoy the day everyone.
            Ginny B

http://www.ginnyscraftbasket.wordpress.com

Comment

Good Morning Everyone,

Jim has completed his programming coursework! Yippee! Now resume,

I've ended up with no Zeke today. I'm not complaining. I'm heading into my sewing room as soon as my fingers warm up. I still have two stacks of triangles to trim up and a secret santa project to start. I think sewing will help me break up the trimming.

I've planned for pork chops this evening. I'll start them soon in the crock pot. We'll have rice, and veggies.

Have a great day!
              Katrina

“Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.”
              ― Maya Angelou

Comment

Good Morning. It's been a while since I was lurking in the forums. LOL. I hope everyone is well and happy.

Comment

welcome Bob, I have missed you. What's new?
                  sigpic

Comment

So many changes in the past two plus years. I'll have to post an update. But thanks for remembering me and the kind words.

Comment

Welcome back Bob.
                      Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Comment

Welcome back Bob, good to see you again!
                        Nobody is going to stand up at your funeral and say she had a really expensive sofa and great shoes Life is not about stuff.

Visit my Flickr page, sewing and cakes!
                        http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/

www.pinterest.com/cathyfiebe/boards

Comment

Welcome back, Bob. It's great to hear from you again.
                          Katrina

“Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.”
                          ― Maya Angelou

Comment

Welcome back Bob. I was just thinking about you the other day when I was reading about the retreat. Maybe you felt summoned back. ��

Comment

Bob, I was wondering about you not long ago. Glad to see you & hope you stay a while. Hope you're doing well. We missed you.

Gina

Comment

Working...
                              X