Locked in!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Locked in!

Yesterday my dh and I went on base to do the laundry. It is open 24/7 so no attendant. When we got ready to leave the door wouldn't open. No service on the phone and no panic button in the building. He didn't have his all in one tool or he would have dismantled the door. Just before I pulled the fire alarm someone came to use the laundry. They couldn't get the door open either and didn't have cell service so they ran to the shoppette and called the cops. They finally came and got us out. Who knew doing the laundry could be so exciting.
    sigpic

Re: Locked in!

WOW.... scary for sure... Glad things worked out and your OK.... in Today's World that would really frighten me!
    "Each day well-lived and Happy;
    that's all there is to Life!"

Comment

That is an exciting story to tell. Who knew doing laundry could be considered a detention? Glad everything came out well for you.
      No act of kindness, however small, is ever wasted.
      Aesop

Comment

Glad they let you out! What a bizaare story! Let us know if you ever find out how that happened, was it a malfunctioning time lock or something like that?

Comment

My worst nightmare!!!

As a kid, doing laundry for the entire family was punishment, with Mom threatening to lock us in the laundry room until it was done, and done right! Did you by chance piss off my Mom??? LOL

Comment

o my am pleased you got a clean getaway, but scary for sure.

Comment

Caroline, I don't think so. If I did please apologize for me. Yes it was a defective lock. After the cops jimmied the door open with their heavy duty pry bar they took the lock apart so it wouldn't lock anyone else in.
              sigpic

Comment

So glad you got out. Being locked in anywhere, (except maybe a chocolate factory), would be a real bummer.

Comment

Actually I used to work in a Russell Stovers candy factory and after the first week nobody wanted to eat any chocolate. It took me a few years before I could stand the smell of that particular brand. Now I love it again unfortunately
                  sigpic

Comment

WOW....I'm not panicky until I get locked into a room or building that I can't get out of!

th4SWBSDFA.jpg
                    Jacqueline ( Sugar ) Dorer-Russell
                    http:\\www.sugarssmilinpapercrafts.BlogSpot.com

"I miss the me I was when you were here"

Comment

Working...
                    X