X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good Monday Morning

Oh my, it's Monday again!

Good Morning All,

It was busy around here yesterday, church, sewing room time, some cutie pa tutie quick finishes and ta da the day was in the books.

Home school is back in session. It's going to be a busy day!

Last night Jim called, he's turned in his final project for his course work. He'll have his last eval for that, then on to the job resources all on Friday. The first Sunday in Feb. Morgan moves to day shift. Hopefully, that will help her migraine situation. If not, Jim may insist that she move more toward public health nurse. We'll see what happens. Anyway, I'm going to pick up a celebration cake for Jim's completion of his course work this afternoon.

Other than that.. not too much happening around here, it's going to be in the 80s most of the week. I'm kind of ready for winter, but not ready enough to book a flight to see my MIL in IN. lol

Be creative!
    Katrina

“Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.”
    ― Maya Angelou

Re: Good Monday Morning

Good Morning, Everyone ~ And we get started with another week. It's 23 deg. out. We had a sunny 48 deg. yest.

I did not make it to the sewing room yest. But I did get most of my Bible study lesson done. Today will be the usual Mon. laundry & baking DH's spelt bread. I make 2 loaves, one at a time in the bread maker. I use the dough cycle & bake it in the pan in the oven.

Starting tomorrow, I'll be spending only the bare minimum of time on the web until my new laptop comes & gets set up. Until then, when not in use, I'll have my laptop disconnected from the router per the advice of the senior center computer coach. Microsoft support for Windows 7 ends tomorrow.

Time to get on with my day.

Comment

Good morning all,
      We got lots of freezing rain over the weekend, followed by snow. Our region was not hit as bad as other parts, where there has been serious flooding and damaged/broken trees. Our neighbour came and did our driveway, which was very kind as he knows that DH can't due to surgery. In the morning, I sandwiched a quilt. Had lunch, I was exhausted so I layed down, slept for 3hrs+. I guess I needed it. After dinner, I basted the edges and quilted a few rows. Hopefully I can get to it later today.

Not much planned today except to spread some salt/sand on our sidewalk and driveway. It's still below freezing so it will only serve to grip better. 5 of us GFs are going out tonight for dinner for a GF's birthday. Then we will come back here for cake. This will be a week for going out evenings, and I really don't enjoy that.

Have an enjoyable day. Be safe, stay warm, stay dry.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

Comment

Good morning. We had a fun day yesterday at Tessa's 1st birthday party. All the kids had a fun time and the birthday girl was the star of the party and handled it well.

Today I will continue putting away the Christmas decorations. My snowmen will be on the To Do list today. Hubby will do the grocery shopping. I plan on a bit of sewing room time too.

Have a good day all.
        Ginny B

http://www.ginnyscraftbasket.wordpress.com

Comment

Good morning! Dh got the good news that he will probably be going home today! I am excited as after 8 days he will be back home. No idea when he will be allowed to go back to work. Our sports boy came and watched the football games with him yesterday. It was kind of interesting because on each of the games dh and son were cheering for opposite teams. Both of dhs team won.

As far as the weather, it is cold, dreary and wet. It is the perfect weather to be in the sewing room. I haven't been able to get into the sewing room but I have been working on hexies for a Grandma's flower garden quilt. It is a long term project that I take when we are out.

Have a wonderful Monday everyone

Comment

It has been a pretty mild winter here so far, we have a few knock out roses blooming. I never got around to cutting them back and I am glad I didn't. It was cheering to look out this morning to see the red blooms.
            I finished section one of the guild challenge quilt yesterday using the cake mix. There are so many hst in the block that the pressing is very difficult and ends up with hard knots, even pressing seams open doesn't help. It does look pretty, I am happy with my fabric choices.

Comment

Hello to all,
              Yay, another week started. I had a good weekend, sewing wise. I actually stayed up late on Saturday to finish a quilt. I'm claiming it as my first finish for 2020, and my goal is to complete 10. Last year I was able to get 7 finished. Many of the quilts I want to finish already have the blocks complete or the top is made and it needs to be sandwiched and quilted. So I think 10 is reasonable for me. Now, if I could just stop letting other projects or things get in the way.....

Today I have happy fingers.....I was able to get sewing as soon as it was light enough to see in my sewing room. I'm putting sashing on quilt blocks. I'm actually mixing batik and regular cotton fabric. I was prepared for it to look odd, but as the regular cotton is plain black, I can't tell the difference. This is a crazy quilt that I've been working on for months.....just working on it when the mood strikes. It's going to be a wild looking thing.

We had temperatures in the 40's and 50's for the past few days, and soon they'll be going down again. One forecast is predicting up to 9 inches of snow over the next weekend. We've been lucky so far, so I won't complain....but I'm looking forward to springtime and getting out in the sunshine again.

Have fun everyone.....
              Barbara

Comment

Happy birthday to me! It's been a rough year..but I'm always looking ahead for the positive. I come here everyday to see all the new ideas. Thanks for that! There's success there.

Comment

Working...
                X