X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• baslp
    replied
    Re: Sunday

Good morning. We have gusty winds but the temp is 65 degrees. I want to sit outside and read a book for a while. Yesterday I mainly sorted through my scrapbook items. We went to an after the holiday party last night. I should have had dinner before we left our house? There was little gluten free food.
    I have been pinning strips onto my quilt in between taking the dogs out. Little by little I will finish this quilt.

Nwmnteacher— congrats on your new granddaughter.

Beth

Leave a comment:

• Ginny B
    replied

Good morning. Congrats on the new granddaughter Nwmnteacher! I understand about the sewing withdrawal. When I was out in California last month to help take care of my 3 yo grandson when our granddaughter was born, I missed my sewing room time. Luckily my bff lives there and I did have the opportunity to spend some time with her in her sewing room a couple times while I was out there.

I am feeling a lot better the last couple days. I've had a cold that was very annoying. It is finally on it's way out. The weather was really warm yesterday so we took advantage of that and took down all our outside Christmas lights. It didn't take long at all. We have been working on the decor on the inside of the house a little bit each day. Most of it is put away. I have my snowman collection to work on now. Not sure if I will get to it today or not since we have Tessa's first birthday party at 1:30.

I haven't had sewing room time this week except for some cleaning out and organizing a few drawers. I hope to get in there a lot more next week.

Cathy, the rain has stopped here now. I see a bit of blue and sunshine. The wind was quite fierce during the night. Hubby checked outside earlier and all is well.

I hope everyone has a good day. Be safe everyone who is dealing with nasty storms.

Leave a comment:

• KarenC
    replied

Good morning everyone. Just popping in to say hello. Need to go dry my hair for church. Have a good day!

Leave a comment:

• Cathy F
    replied

Congratulations on the birth of your graddaughter! Enjoy all those cuddles while you are there with them you will miss them when you return home.

Rainy day here so I have some cleanup and things I should be organizing. We were visiting with my daughter and son-in-law in NJ Wednesday and Thursday and returned Saturday to bring something they needed and came home with some addition things that they no longer wanted so now to get everything I brought home tidied up.

Hope to find some time in the sewing room too. I have a project that is so close to being finished, hoping to get it done by the end of this week. Then I will give myself some room to get started on a new one.

Wishing everyone a good day!

Leave a comment:

• Nwmnteacher
    replied

Suzanne, you're right!

I'll be here until the end of the month, and just the thought that I can't sew for even 15 minutes is tough. The 3yo goes to daycare/preschool during the week, so there are a some quiet times on week days. He had very little English when they moved here....he was born in Okinawa. DS and DIL want him to have exposure to English and other kids. His mom speaks only Japanese with him, and Dad only English. He's already quite fluent in both :-)

Leave a comment:

• SuzanneOrleansOntario
    replied

Congratulations on the new GD.

Although you are missing your sewing, I don't know how you would find time with a busy 3yo and other chores.

Leave a comment:

• redcaboose1717
    replied

Enjoy the new baby granddaughter....they are all so sweet no matter what age they are!
    Not sure if I could go a ENTIRE five days without touching fabric and/or my sewing machine....WOW you must be having severe withdrawals by now, I'll bet!!!
    Of course, within no time, you'll be back home and be able to sew again I'm sure!!! Enjoy your time with the grandkids!

OIPbabygirl.jpg

Leave a comment:

• Nwmnteacher
    started a topic Sunday

Sunday

I'll take the plunge and start today, although someone else is probably doing the same thing!

I'm still in NC helping out DS and DIL with the 3 yo and the new baby. She's 5 days old now. She's sure precious!

I sure miss my sewing machine :-(
Working...
X