New Year resolutions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Year resolutions

My resolution is to be more health conscious. I would like to be successful with living a healthier lifestyle I know it's an ongoing process. I need to eat better and get more exercise especially now that I have been diagnosed with borderline high 'bad' cholesterol and sub clinical hypothyroidism. I am not on any meds yet and would like to keep it that way. Does anyone have suggestions/tips to help me? Perhaps we could help each other by posting our favorite hints.

Re: New Year resolutions

I am hoping to get out and walk a little more if I can. And yes, eating a little better as well, trying to stay away from bread when I can. We should start a group.
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Comment

Yes, Monique, a group would help us stay on track. I am not online much because of family issues but would check in daily if a group was formed.

Comment

I'm hoping that when (if and when) poochie gets adopted, I'll be walking more. Right now, I'm satisfied sitting in my chair being still, since too much movement and too much talking leads to coughing spells. I know those will pass with time.

I agree, let's work together to help each other be healthier.
        Katrina

“Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.”
        ― Maya Angelou

Comment

Years ago, I wrote a note to my younger self and posted it at my workstation. "If it's going to be, it's up to me". That was ok, but I found over time. We all need encouragement and support from others.

Sorry I can't be much help on your health issues, but motivation can certainly be found within the forum.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

Comment

Working...
          X