• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vonnie
    replied
    Re: Tiny red tick bite..Yikes!

Good Luck! Hope it completely heals.

About 25 years ago I had the bull's eye on my foot. Doctor looked at it and said he would do the test, but was also going to treat it like lime disease and start the treatment. Better safe than sorry. Test came back negative for Lime.

Leave a comment:

• geegeequilts
    replied

My temp is almost normal (for me) @ 98.5. Ankle is still slightly swollen & a beautiful shade of reddish purple. Discoloration goes up my leg approx. 10 inches. Sigh. I've got another DR. appt this afternoon @ 4. Will keep you posted on my tick bite journey. All in all, I'd much rather be flying around with Dorothy toward OZ. Thanks for your concern. It helps knowing you care. This has been no fun AT ALL!!!

Gina

Leave a comment:

• GuitarGramma
    replied

If the antibiotic was Tetracycline or Doxycycline, you're in good shape. Both of those are indicated for Lyme's disease.

The advice given by many here is spot on: according to Google (since I'm not a health professional ), the antibodies don't show up for about a month. So the best course of action is probably to take the antibiotics you were given and then consider another antibody test four weeks from now.

Keep us posted!

Leave a comment:

• SuzanneOrleansOntario
    replied

That's good news geegeequilts. But Alina (amartin24) is correct, you may test negative for Lyme immediately afterwards. I have known many people who have serious illnesses from deer ticks, Lyme. If you know Canada's own singer/songwriter Avril Lavigne got bit by a deer tick and Lyme a few years ago. She had serious impact and had to take a break, pull out of tour.

Leave a comment:

• Monique
    replied

Originally posted by geegeequilts View Post
    Update: 1st good news!!! Not lyme disease!! The "bullseye" was due to my excessive scratching. By the time I got to the Dr. my temp had gone up to 101.9. I never have one that high. Got a shot, was told to keep leg elevated & to use a warm compress. OY! I have so many things to do in my sewing room. Sigh, I know they'll be there when all is well. Dr. did tell me if I wasn't a lot better by Wednesday to call & come back in. My temp was down to 98.5 this a.m. I figured with all my sweating during the night did the trick on that. Of course, the sweating caused me to get cold & yep, covered me up again.

Bottom line: don't mess around with the small things...they may add up to a lot bigger & worse things.
    And yea! I feel SOOO much better than I've felt in days!

Appreciate your concern. It's another reason I am with the best bunch of folks around!

Gina
    That is great news. Rest up and take care, xo

Leave a comment:

• MSN
    replied

Chiming in here to say that I agree with Alina. Even if you are feeling better now, you should get a second opinion ASAP from an Infectious Disease doc. Lyme's disease is nothing to mess around with.

Leave a comment:

• redcaboose1717
    replied

I agree with everyone else Gina....either go to a Walk-in Clinic or better YET go to your Primary Dr. I'm sure antibiotics would be a great idea. Better safe than sorry!

tick-bug-clipart-40.jpg

Leave a comment:

• amartin24
    replied

Gina, I don't want to be a naysayer but I'm questioning that the doctor said for sure it is not Lymes. When exactly were you bitten? If you were just bitten within a few days and then he did a lymes test, there aren't enough antibodies and the test will show negative for Lymes for a few weeks or so. A bullseye rash is pretty indicative for lymes. Check out the CDC website yourself on what they say: https://www.cdc.gov/lyme/faq/index.html Was the shot he gave you antibiotics? My husband had Lymes a few times too and within a few days of being bitten, he had the bullseye rashes and fever/chills. It affects people differently. I would get a second opinion if I were you from an infectious disease doctor or someone who specializes in Lymes/tickborn diseases. They are way too serious if not treated properly.

Leave a comment:

• geegeequilts
    replied

Katrina, thanks for the hugs from afar! I don't turn those down for sure.

Gina

Leave a comment:

• KPH
    replied

That's good news! I'm so glad you now KNOW that it's not the worse case. What a relief!

I can send you germ free hugs from a far!

Leave a comment:

• geegeequilts
    replied

Update: 1st good news!!! Not lyme disease!! The "bullseye" was due to my excessive scratching. By the time I got to the Dr. my temp had gone up to 101.9. I never have one that high. Got a shot, was told to keep leg elevated & to use a warm compress. OY! I have so many things to do in my sewing room. Sigh, I know they'll be there when all is well. Dr. did tell me if I wasn't a lot better by Wednesday to call & come back in. My temp was down to 98.5 this a.m. I figured with all my sweating during the night did the trick on that. Of course, the sweating caused me to get cold & yep, covered me up again.

Bottom line: don't mess around with the small things...they may add up to a lot bigger & worse things.
    And yea! I feel SOOO much better than I've felt in days!

Appreciate your concern. It's another reason I am with the best bunch of folks around!

Gina

Leave a comment:

• Nwmnteacher
    replied

Definitely go to the doctor ASAP! Some tick diseases can cause lifetime problems if not treated right away!

Leave a comment:

• Bubby
    replied

Better safe than sorry. Let us know....

Leave a comment:

• Monique
    replied

I hope all is okay. Let us know what happened at the doctor's.

Leave a comment:

• MHG Winnower
    replied

Originally posted by geegeequilts View Post
    Yep, it was a tick. Yep if something bites me & itches, sigh. I scratch. I do have a Dr. appt this afternoon. The bite now the size of a quarter & a center spot. I'm so excited to start the new year off with a trip to the Dr. I'll let you know what I find out.

Gina
    See the doc. Those signs like a bulls eye are an indication of lyme disease. Do not treat that lightly. I hope you saw the doc.

A word to all. If you remove a tick. Save it. I know, sounds crazy. Stick the little bugger on a piece of scotch tape and fold a piece over it or drop it into a small container with alcohol. Lyme disease is carried by deer tick which are very tiny. It's good to have it for ID purposes. It must have been attached for a day or so to transmit lyme, but your doc can fill you in and by all means see him or her.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X