Tiny red tick bite..Yikes!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tiny red tick bite..Yikes!

I found it on the front of my foot/ankle on Friday afternoon. Freaked out. Itched like crazy. Got hubby to get it off, right. Didn't think too much about it till today. Wondered what I'd done to my ankle/foot to make it sore. Now I have a light rash at my ankle. it's painful like it's got a bruise. I'm good at freaking out, check. Did a little research & now I'm in freak out mode big time. Yep, running a temp of 100.3 & I never run a temp. Is it freakout time yet? Not so LOL now

Gina

Re: Tiny red tick bite..Yikes!

I would see a doctor asap. Too many tick related diseases to wait
    Dolores :lol::icon_heh:

Comment

Call the doctor. He may put you on an antibiotic.

Comment

As much as I hate to say it, see your doctor. Better safe than sorry.
        Katrina

“Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.”
        ― Maya Angelou

Comment

I agree, this sounds like an issue that should be seen by medical personnel. Don't scratch it!! Are you sure it was a tick and not a spider?

Comment

Yep, it was a tick. Yep if something bites me & itches, sigh. I scratch. I do have a Dr. appt this afternoon. The bite now the size of a quarter & a center spot. I'm so excited to start the new year off with a trip to the Dr. I'll let you know what I find out.

Gina

Comment

Sounds like Lymes! Actually, you are lucky that you saw the tick And you now have a rash. I've had Lymes 3 times and didn't see the tick or the rash and by then you are feeling pretty poorly.
              I am Sew Blessed!
              Alina

Comment

Originally posted by geegeequilts View Post
                Yep, it was a tick. Yep if something bites me & itches, sigh. I scratch. I do have a Dr. appt this afternoon. The bite now the size of a quarter & a center spot. I'm so excited to start the new year off with a trip to the Dr. I'll let you know what I find out.

Gina
                See the doc. Those signs like a bulls eye are an indication of lyme disease. Do not treat that lightly. I hope you saw the doc.

A word to all. If you remove a tick. Save it. I know, sounds crazy. Stick the little bugger on a piece of scotch tape and fold a piece over it or drop it into a small container with alcohol. Lyme disease is carried by deer tick which are very tiny. It's good to have it for ID purposes. It must have been attached for a day or so to transmit lyme, but your doc can fill you in and by all means see him or her.
                “Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.” ― John Muir
                “We can be many things in this life, choose to be kind!” ― author unknown

Comment

I hope all is okay. Let us know what happened at the doctor's.
                  Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Comment

Better safe than sorry. Let us know....
                    sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

Definitely go to the doctor ASAP! Some tick diseases can cause lifetime problems if not treated right away!

Comment

Update: 1st good news!!! Not lyme disease!! The "bullseye" was due to my excessive scratching. By the time I got to the Dr. my temp had gone up to 101.9. I never have one that high. Got a shot, was told to keep leg elevated & to use a warm compress. OY! I have so many things to do in my sewing room. Sigh, I know they'll be there when all is well. Dr. did tell me if I wasn't a lot better by Wednesday to call & come back in. My temp was down to 98.5 this a.m. I figured with all my sweating during the night did the trick on that. Of course, the sweating caused me to get cold & yep, covered me up again.

Bottom line: don't mess around with the small things...they may add up to a lot bigger & worse things.
                        And yea! I feel SOOO much better than I've felt in days!

Appreciate your concern. It's another reason I am with the best bunch of folks around!

Gina

Comment

That's good news! I'm so glad you now KNOW that it's not the worse case. What a relief!

I can send you germ free hugs from a far!
                          Katrina

“Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.”
                          ― Maya Angelou

Comment

Katrina, thanks for the hugs from afar! I don't turn those down for sure.

Gina

Comment

Gina, I don't want to be a naysayer but I'm questioning that the doctor said for sure it is not Lymes. When exactly were you bitten? If you were just bitten within a few days and then he did a lymes test, there aren't enough antibodies and the test will show negative for Lymes for a few weeks or so. A bullseye rash is pretty indicative for lymes. Check out the CDC website yourself on what they say: https://www.cdc.gov/lyme/faq/index.html Was the shot he gave you antibiotics? My husband had Lymes a few times too and within a few days of being bitten, he had the bullseye rashes and fever/chills. It affects people differently. I would get a second opinion if I were you from an infectious disease doctor or someone who specializes in Lymes/tickborn diseases. They are way too serious if not treated properly.
                              I am Sew Blessed!
                              Alina

Comment

Working...
                              X