Tiny red tick bite..Yikes!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Tiny red tick bite..Yikes!

I agree with everyone else Gina....either go to a Walk-in Clinic or better YET go to your Primary Dr. I'm sure antibiotics would be a great idea. Better safe than sorry!

Click image for larger version

Name:	tick-bug-clipart-40.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	162.0 KB
ID:	1617933

Jacqueline ( Sugar ) Dorer-Russell
    http:\\www.sugarssmilinpapercrafts.BlogSpot.com

"I miss the me I was when you were here"

Comment

Chiming in here to say that I agree with Alina. Even if you are feeling better now, you should get a second opinion ASAP from an Infectious Disease doc. Lyme's disease is nothing to mess around with.

Comment

Originally posted by geegeequilts View Post
        Update: 1st good news!!! Not lyme disease!! The "bullseye" was due to my excessive scratching. By the time I got to the Dr. my temp had gone up to 101.9. I never have one that high. Got a shot, was told to keep leg elevated & to use a warm compress. OY! I have so many things to do in my sewing room. Sigh, I know they'll be there when all is well. Dr. did tell me if I wasn't a lot better by Wednesday to call & come back in. My temp was down to 98.5 this a.m. I figured with all my sweating during the night did the trick on that. Of course, the sweating caused me to get cold & yep, covered me up again.

Bottom line: don't mess around with the small things...they may add up to a lot bigger & worse things.
        And yea! I feel SOOO much better than I've felt in days!

Appreciate your concern. It's another reason I am with the best bunch of folks around!

Gina
        That is great news. Rest up and take care, xo
        Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Comment

That's good news geegeequilts. But Alina (amartin24) is correct, you may test negative for Lyme immediately afterwards. I have known many people who have serious illnesses from deer ticks, Lyme. If you know Canada's own singer/songwriter Avril Lavigne got bit by a deer tick and Lyme a few years ago. She had serious impact and had to take a break, pull out of tour.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

Comment

If the antibiotic was Tetracycline or Doxycycline, you're in good shape. Both of those are indicated for Lyme's disease.

The advice given by many here is spot on: according to Google (since I'm not a health professional ), the antibodies don't show up for about a month. So the best course of action is probably to take the antibiotics you were given and then consider another antibody test four weeks from now.

Keep us posted!
            Toni ... If I keep sewing long enough, will they make their own dinner?

Comment

My temp is almost normal (for me) @ 98.5. Ankle is still slightly swollen & a beautiful shade of reddish purple. Discoloration goes up my leg approx. 10 inches. Sigh. I've got another DR. appt this afternoon @ 4. Will keep you posted on my tick bite journey. All in all, I'd much rather be flying around with Dorothy toward OZ. Thanks for your concern. It helps knowing you care. This has been no fun AT ALL!!!

Gina

Comment

Good Luck! Hope it completely heals.

About 25 years ago I had the bull's eye on my foot. Doctor looked at it and said he would do the test, but was also going to treat it like lime disease and start the treatment. Better safe than sorry. Test came back negative for Lime.
                Vonnie

Comment

Working...
                X