Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Have you ever had this problem with Amazon?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Have you ever had this problem with Amazon?

I think online shopping is a two-edged sword. It's really convenient and can be a great time-saver. That said, at any point in the process, things can go awry. When you purchase from Amazon, there are a number of people who handle the order:
    A human transmits the order from the website to the warehouse.
    Another human pulls the product from the shelf.
    Another human packs the product in a box.
    Another human puts it on the truck.
    Another human drives the truck/plane/train.
    Another human unloads the vehicle at a local distribution center.
    Another human puts the package on a delivery truck.
    Another human drives the package to you and drops it off.

I know this because my 9-to-5 job includes filing claims with carriers for damaged and lost packages.

With that many people handling what we order online, it's a wonder anything gets to us!

Lorie, hope they get your stuff to you! Have you considered requesting Signature Service? It's more expensive, but it means they can't just leave it on the porch, and they have to verify YOU signed for it.

Comment

Sally all these things aren't even getting to Hawaii or even leaving a distribution building.

I have until the 8th and then I'm going to talk to a real person instead of going through online typing. Something is wrong with this picture. There has to be a reason for this.
      "People were created to be loved. Things were created to be used. The reason why the world is in chaos is because things are being loved and people are being used"― Dalai Lama XIV

Comment

Lorie, I feel for you. I order from Amazon more than I care to admit, and I do have issues from time to time. But nothing like what you've experienced! Please let us know what transpires when you call on the 8th!
        Toni ... If I keep sewing long enough, will they make their own dinner?

Comment

Good luck with talking to a "real" person. I am very upset with Amazon right now. Tried to gift my sister a kindle unlimited subscription. Paid for it with my credit card. and she had it for just a day or two when it stopped working and they were asking her for payment. I tried that chat line, no one could help a few days later I tried the "real" person contact. Oh they talked with me about an hour, assured me that it was fixed, but she hasn't been able to get any books. Called and canceled my order 3 times each time they said it would work, no dice. I love my unlimited, but to gift it is a Huge headache. I'm glad I didn't try ordering for my granddaughter, she would have paid more money. Otherwise I don't think any of our many orders have been lost or misdirected. Hopefully they will find all of your orders and send them out pronto.

Comment

So Patty you have a nightmare too, sorry about that. I got to talk to a live person over the bed frame situation because on my orders page it had a place to click product support. They called me in a few minutes. They were pleasant. I mean it was their fault.
            "People were created to be loved. Things were created to be used. The reason why the world is in chaos is because things are being loved and people are being used"― Dalai Lama XIV

Comment

Originally posted by redcaboose1717 View Post

I don't know if maybe someone else is running the shipping at Amazon, etc. But I am supposed to renew my Amazon Membership 2/4/20 and I'm not sure if I am going to do that or not because of all the things that have been going on.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]162137[/ATTACH]
              Amazon is now handling most of their own shipping - no longer sending through USPS or Fed Ex. They have hired contractors and this is the result!
              Donna

Comment

Originally posted by dwil23 View Post
                Amazon is now handling most of their own shipping - no longer sending through USPS or Fed Ex. They have hired contractors and this is the result!
                I heard something about that and I think they said they were still using UPS. I might be wrong though. Thanks Donna I'll bring that up when I talk to them.

Comment

Lorie,
                  Did you CALL Amazon? Two months ago, I called them and raised you know what, AND I NEVER do that....Ever. (I shocked myself to be honest)
                  I think I've said this before, but Amazon was going to refund the cost of the order....I refused because if they do this 1000 times a day, this is only going to back-fire on the customers that use Prime or Amazon without Prime (In My Opinion).
                  Jacqueline ( Sugar ) Dorer-Russell
                  http:\\www.sugarssmilinpapercrafts.BlogSpot.com

"I miss the me I was when you were here"

Comment

I have NEVER had a package lost from MSQC!
                    The last two orders I have placed (within 3-4 months) were placed during FREE SHIPPING as the DAILY DEAL. To be truthful I usually don't order on FREE Shipping days because it does slow the process down due to so many people ordering to save the $5.

I ordered 01/05/20 and I think I am going to see if I can pay the $2 EXTRA to get the package to me in HALF the time by calling MSQC tomorrow as soon as they open.

I know a lot of people have had issues with MSQC and their shipping. I have never had an issue until the last two orders. I never by yardage & other things (like Precuts and rulers) together because it's been known that if you include yardage, it goes to another section of the building (I think, don't quote me on this).

If I am going to need something really quick and it's yardage, I don't order from MSQC however, I am retired and waiting for something isn't a huge problem any more.

BTW....I ordered from Amazon Prime yesterday about 11:30 pm. Let's see if Amazon is telling the truth and that the order is going to be at my doorstep tomorrow before 9 am.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

garfield-relaxing.gif
                    (This is me waiting for my Amazon Order!!!)
                    Jacqueline ( Sugar ) Dorer-Russell
                    http:\\www.sugarssmilinpapercrafts.BlogSpot.com

"I miss the me I was when you were here"

Comment

I haven't had problems with Amazon. Knock on wood. This is sort of off the subject but, who I have problems with is the regular post office leaving packages in my drive way . Mail carrier is too lazy to get out of his truck and sit it on the porch.. I can't tell you how many times I have almost driven over them. He not only leaves boxes, he leaves large envelopes in the drive way. I have complained to the post master, took pictures and tried to chase this old man down. Nothing has worked.
                      Last edited by TMP; January 5th, 2020, 10:22 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Hulamoon View Post
                        I heard something about that and I think they said they were still using UPS. I might be wrong though. Thanks Donna I'll bring that up when I talk to them.
                        I know you are in Hawaii and it may be different there, but here, most of the orders are delivered either by contractors in their own private vehicles or a blue Amazon van. Of course there is also the issue of porch pirates.

ETA - Not funny, but a homeowner's security camera caught one of these guys delivering a package, sending a picture to the recipient and then picking up the package and taking off with it just before Christmas here.
                        Last edited by dwil23; January 5th, 2020, 11:12 PM.
                        Donna

Comment

Originally posted by TMP View Post
                          I haven't had problems with Amazon. Knock on wood. This is sort of off the subject but, who I have problems with is the regular post office leaving packages in my drive way . Mail carrier is too lazy to get out of his truck and sit it on the porch.. I can't tell you how many times I have almost driven over them. He not only leaves boxes, he leaves large envelopes in the drive way. I have complained to the post master, took pictures and tried to chase this old man down. Nothing has worked.
                          That is squarely on the manager/postmaster of your station. If there is a problem with an employee, they should deal with it. I would be mad, too! My carrier goes out of her way - literally - to drive into my yard and deliver to the back door. I have considered putting a very large box at the street but worry that would invite those willing to raid the boxes to take a look.
                          Last edited by dwil23; January 5th, 2020, 11:10 PM.
                          Donna

Comment

I know you are in Hawaii and it may be different there, but here, most of the orders are delivered either by contractors in their own private vehicles or a blue Amazon van. Of course there is also the issue of porch pirates.

ETA - Not funny, but a homeowner's security camera caught one of these guys delivering a package, sending a picture to the recipient and then picking up the package and taking off with it just before Christmas here.
                            On the rare occasion I order from Amazon, it always comes UPS. I am in Arkansas.
                            TRUTH is seldom appreciated, unless you happen to agree with it. When you don't agree, you just call it rude.

Comment

Originally posted by TMP View Post
                              You can call Postmaster General, both state and national level. They DO put some push on local postmasters to keep things right.
                              TRUTH is seldom appreciated, unless you happen to agree with it. When you don't agree, you just call it rude.

Comment

my amazon orders always come by ups . I have never had a contractor deliver anything. I am in Illinois

Comment

Working...
                                X