Friday hellos!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Friday hellos!!

Good morning friends. Well the house is all quiet again. They all left around 11 yesterday. Towels have been washed, bedding will be next I think. I have washed more dishes these last few days, getting tired of it.

I can finally get into my sewing room. I need to put away my SS gifts. I am going on retreat on the 12th so I need to get organized on what I am taking with me.

Other than that, not much happening. I need to go into town and pay our newspaper subscriptions. I may pick up a grocery or two.

Have a great day everyone.
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Re: Friday hellos!!

Good morning Monique! Not much going on here. With all the mid-week holidays we've had, I'm still trying to get the days of the week straight. Hoping to settle back into my routine in the coming week. It's a rainy day, so it should be a good day to sew...after a few cups of coffee to rev me up.
    *~* Myrna *~*
    *~* Quilters lead pieceful lives *~*

Comment

Good Morning, Everyone ~ It promises to be another sunny day. We had 52 deg. yest. It might hit 60 tomorrow. We're finally getting some melting of the snow. People with north-facing yards still have snow remaining from our pre-Thanksgiving snow storm.

I didn't make it to the sewing room yest. I did do groc. shopping. I bought beets, so I cooked those up in the afternoon. It made 8 containers for the freezer. DH eats these every day.

Last eve. I watched the rest of Eleanor Burns' video on the "Piece of Cake" pattern that was mentioned here on the Forum. I fast forwarded through a few areas where she was just sewing. There was a show & tell at the end; all the quilts were very pretty.

This a.m. I'll be mixing up my turkey patties. Later today I'll need to do the veg. prep work for chicken soup, which I'll be making tomorrow. Then I'll be caught up with needed items for DH.

Comment

Good morning all,

It's another above zero sunny morning, with some snow forecasted for Saturday. Yesterday I had a wonderful massage. I needed it for those achy neck & shoulder muscles. Then I dropped off food to SS who is sick, picked up items at Costco and dropped off 1/2 at DD. They went to see a house in the country on 3 acres. They are going to weigh the pros & cons, as this would mean a lot of changes for them. We had friends drop by in the evening for drinks and see the train display before it comes down. My GF fell on ice before new year and her arm, wrist & thumb are really badly bruised. The swelling is down but she still can't move without pain. She has tried to see doctor, even clinic with no success. I believe she has medical-procedure fear, even though neglecting this would be worse long term.

Today, we are going to LQS for free monthly metre of fabric. There's also a sale so I might use my gift certificate if I see something I really love. Then we will pick up a train car that was in for repairs. I plan to start taking down xmas decor. We have to get ready for a busy week.

I got my M* order with the DD wool mat. I can't wait to give it a whirl.

Have a terrfic day.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

Comment

Good morning. It is suppose to rain on and off today and tomorrow. I am off to work out this morn. I have Pt after lunch. My neck is feeling better. Now my leg is hurting. The vet comes later this afternoon to give vaccinations and do a laser treatment. My husband bought a new pickup last night. After dinner I will probably have to take him to pick it up. Our DS will get his old pickup.

I hope to get more pinning and sewing done today in between appts. I am liking this new pattern .

Have a good day.
          Beth

Comment

Good Morning All,

It's partly cloudy outside and supposed to be warmer today. The air will probably come on shortly, if they're right.

Not much going on around here. I'm sure that will change next week. It's a good thing, Jonathan's work for next week was prepared the week he got out of school before vacation! I'll have to go through and see what we were doing. I've totally put school out of my mind!

Jim found a dog, it's in St Augustine. I just don't feel like riding down there and told him yesterday, it wouldn't be fair to the dog to bring it into this germ fest. I'm not sure how old the dog is either. The last one he showed me was already 14. He hadn't looked at that.

I've been spraying Lysol like crazy. Trying to clean out the germs. I feel like the antibiotic is starting to kick in, the drs. office called and said if I didn't feel better by Sunday, or started feeling worse, call back in. So, there's that option. I'm sick and tired of being sick!

Well, the dishwasher isn't going to empty itself. Even Alexa won't empty it. I guess it's time for me to get busy.

Have a great day.
            Katrina

“Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.”
            ― Maya Angelou

Comment

Good afternoon everyone. I'm getting a very slow start today after waking up with the dreaded migraine. On the agenda today is giving the kitchen a deep scrubbing, which I haven't done since the last of our kids left after Christmas.
              I've been working on a UFO and making good progress. Also been working on the Gypsy Wife quilt and after completing 2 sections and all the blocks for the 3rd, I've come to the conclusion that I HATE this quilt. Has that happened to any of you? It's never happened to me before. Sometimes things don't turn out the way I expected, or not enough contrast, etc. But never hate.
              So I will probably quit while I'm ahead and drop out of class. I'm not a quitter so this bothers me. And I love the teacher. It's not her fault. It doesn't make sense to continue investing time and effort though because it's not going to get any better. I did learn some new things so far so that's a positive take-away.
              I'd best get moving...have a good day all!

Comment

Good day everybody!

The girl came to clean the barn this morning. I went out and worked in the buck pens while she mucked the main barn. I've cleaned and re-baited the hay pallets in the buck barn. I mixed their grain for the next month. Next up is moving hay up from the main barn. It's not raining for a change, so I'm taking advantage of the break in the weather.

I'm making a mental list of all the things I need to get done this week before the Girls Weekend @ the Ocean. The biggest thing is deciding what I'm going to take to work on. Do I bring the sewing machine, the spinning wheel, projects to cut, the kit that's laser cut and needs to be ironed on? Oh the decisions!

I hope the rest of you have a great day!
                Be who you are and say what you feel
                because those who mind don't matter,
                and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss

http://www.toggpine.wordpress.com

Comment

Back again, enjoying a cup of tea and sugar cookies.

I'm taking a break before I tackle xmas decor. DH & I went on a road trip this morning, and we were both really bad. I got a LOT of fabric and FQs at LQS that had a sale. I used up a gift certificate. DH probably spent as much as I did. I told him if he doesn't get to quilting again soon, I might start snitching his fabric. Then he went to the Wool Store and he bought these nice moose skin mocassins. Then we went to the train store to pick up a car he had in for repairs, and he bought a diesel engine to go with his train collection. He has many steam ones, but this is his first diesel in this scale. We had a quick bite at burger lace and headed home. I'm pooped, but recharging.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

Comment

Suzanne, it sounds like you had a fun day out!
                    Katrina

“Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.”
                    ― Maya Angelou

Comment

Good afternoon! It has been a good day. I went up to the local shop to work on charity auction quilts. We have two to get done ASAP. One is a t-shirt quilt with a panel and the other is a baby quilt that will be a customized panel. We have today to get done what we can then it will have to wait til Monday.

At home, half the household is down sick. Dh went to the doctor yesterday and was told to do the old time remedies. Thankfully, it was not down into his lungs from the report that I got. We have had several people around that have had the sickness turn into pneumonia.

Have a wonderful weekend everyone

Comment

Working...
                      X