Thursday hellos!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thursday hellos!

WOW we are already into our 2nd day of the new year. I hope everyone enjoyed their holidays.

Well yesterday wasn't as quiet as I thought it would be. My oldest wasn't feeling well and then as the day progressed, he got worse. Same episode as what happened in August. Off to emergency we went. My other son drove because I would have had quite a time figuring out the car. One of the new fangled vehicles with the start button. The doc looked at the chart from last time and then proceeded to give him a lecture about drinking. He is not a regular drinker but he has been hung over before, nothing new there. Seems really weird that all of a sudden the alcohol is doing this to him. In any case, IV with vitamins and gravol did the trick. Poor guy, I felt so bad for him. He is 35. I think from this point on, he is going to extra extra careful. We all had an early night last night.

I think everyone is going home today. So it will be clean up and laundry day here for sure.

Have a great day friends.
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Re: Thursday hellos!

Good Morning, Everyone ~ Glad to see you back, Monique. We missed you yest.

Yest. I had a productive afternoon in the sewing room. Added the borders to the pinwheel quilt top, cut & pressed the backing, cut & stitched together the binding strips, pressed the top. It's ready to be sandwiched & basted. Maybe I can get to that today. I also need to make a run to the groc. store & do a load of laundry.

Weather is moderating. It was 54 yest. & may be close to 60 by Sat. It was VERY windy yest. Some hurricane strength gusts up to 91 mph in places. I saw on the news where a state hwy. in eastern WA, NW of Kennewick, was closed for 10 hrs. while crews cleared tumble weeds! Cars were stranded; some folks spent their NY's Eve in their cars waiting for rescue.

DS#1's kitchen remodel is nearing completion. He sent pics yest. It's beautiful. They now can use the appliances, but they haven't moved items into the cabinets yet. Still some minor things to be finished. It's been almost 2 mos.

We still have our Christmas tree up. I was late putting it up, so we will enjoy it a while longer.

Comment

Good morning all,

I sewed 4 rows of the on-point VQC quilt and washed the batik quilt twice with more colour catchers. I visited mom with my friend Pat. I didn't stay as long as I had a sore throat and a bit stuffed up. I was just chilled to the bone when I got back, so I wrapped up in a quilt with heating pad and watched tv. I had a few shots of port. I'm feeling a bit better this morning, but DH is not. He is worse and his voice is hoarse. His son texted saying he wasn't well and wanted to see a doc. He doesn't drive, so I will suggest he go to nearby walk-in clinics.

I have a massage today. Later, our neighbours are to come over to see train display - don't know if this will happen. I'm waiting for this visit to start taking down xmas decor. Many things to do, but I can spread these out over to the weekend.

Have a good day. Be safe. Stay warm or stay cool. Prayers to our Australian forum friends who may be battling and fleeing from fires.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

Comment

Good Morning everyone !

Its a dreary day with on and off again rain here. Today I hope to finish getting decoration packed up. This year I have tried to pack as much as I can into smaller containers so I can handle more myself. When Kaylee wakes up I hope we can finish. Sandy is still enjoying her Christmas dog toys, the stuffing and squeakers are everywhere. My family spoils her!

I am in need of that second cup of coffee take care and Happy New Year to all.

Comment

Good Morning All,

Monique, I'm glad you're son is doing better.

I didn't do a lot yesterday. I don't think I'll be doing a lot today either. I keep telling myself it took longer than a day to get in this shape, it will take more than a day to get better. But, it's making me nervous about next week.

Mike still has a cough, but he's trudging through.

I'm planning to make some jar openers. The magnets came this morning. I'll be shopping my stash for the rest, but it isn't happening today.

Have a great day!
          Katrina

“Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.”
          ― Maya Angelou

Comment

Hello everyone,

It's awfully quiet here today. I did get into my sewing space and clean out some clutter and put things back in their places. My main machine, which was serviced and upgraded in October, is now cleaned and oiled, needled and threaded and ready to go. I have a 60 x 60 lap quilt made from leftovers from a much larger quilt pin basted and ready to quilt. I just need time.

For this quilt I decided to use nothing but poly thread instead of cotton to see how I liked it. When I went to clean the machine there was zero lint. I enjoyed the sewing with it; it seemed to be smoother somehow. The only thing I don't like so far is that the stitches near the edge of a block tend to pull apart and I found myself backstitching a lot more.

DD will be flying back to Missouri on Sunday and we have no idea when she'll be home next, so we're trying to enjoy what time is left. Soon it'll be a mad scramble to try and find all the things she needs to take/pack that got scattered when she arrived. I've been hiding chocolate bars in her stuff and hopefully when she unpacks she'll get a chuckle.

Enjoy the rest of your day.....see you tomorrow.
            Barbara

Comment

BarbaraB,
              That is funny, you hiding chocolate bars in your DD's stuff. I use to hide candy kisses and little notes in my husband's suit case when he traveled. I am sure it will be a pleasant surprise.

Comment

Working...
              X