It's Wednesday! Happy New Year! :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's Wednesday! Happy New Year! :)

Good Morning, Everyone ~ Hard to believe we're starting a new year & a new decade. Only the good Lord knows what's going to happen in each of our lives this year. It's a good thing we can't see into the future. One day at a time.

Yest. was beautiful. It was sunny; the temp. got up to 52 deg. It's supposed to be that warm today as well. I finished stitching together the pinwheel blocks & cut the border. I hope to get that sewn on today. This year I want to complete some of my UFOs. I have many finished tops that are waiting to be quilted. I have blocks sewn that are waiting to be assembled. One of my WIPs is Donna Jordan's King's Crown pattern with purples & lime green fabrics. So many patterns on my bucket list, too. Just never enough time to finish them. One of these days...

I'm hoping my gr. dau. & fam. got home safely last night. They were flying back to TX yest. They all had a wonderful day on Mon. DS sent me pics of their time at Garden of the Gods. Skies were blue; good weather, but chilly.

Wishing everyone a Happy New Year!

Re: It's Wednesday! Happy New Year!

Good morning Joy and all our quilty friends.

Wishing you all a wonderful New Year and a productive & fun time in your fabric stash!

We did a little shopping yesterday then had a quiet evening last night and asleep before midnight.

Hope to do some sewing today & need to go sift through Christmas boxes before packing up Christmas decorations.
    "I'm putting together a list of 100 reasons why I am NOT relentless!" - Sue Heck, The Middle

Leonard: For God's sake, Sheldon, do I have to hold up a sarcasm sign every time I open my mouth?
    Sheldon (intrigued): You have a sarcasm sign?

Comment

Hello to all and may you have a Happy New Year!
      Yesterday I learned how to sew patches onto canvas...DD has a very old and broken in Army surplus canvas backpack and she wanted me to sew patches onto it, both to cover up the holes and give it a bit of personality. I've never even though of doing that and it made me a bit nervous at first, but four patches later, I'm a pro. They look really good, if I do say so myself.
      Today is traditionally a day I set aside for me and just piddle around in my sewing areas. I clean, reorganize and do an inventory of all the quilting and embroidery supplies that I've got stashed in bins, boxes, bags and shelves. And then I'll clean and oil all my machines and put in new needles so they're ready to go tomorrow. Today is especially nice because its cold, snowy and very windy. I have no desire to go out for a walk yet. Hubby will be warmly tucked away in his man-cave watching a marathon session of Game of Thrones. DD will be tucked in a chair fighting a cold and reading some new books. We're eating left overs, so no cooking. And to top it off, a friend of mine had baby #7, a boy, last night at 11:50 pm.
      So off I go, stopping by the kitchen for a cup of tea on the way.......
      Hugs to all!!
      Barbara

Comment

Good morning & Happy New Year to all.

I'm ready for the new year and a new beginning. Thank you everyone for your inspiration. I'm finishing a project for our annual holiday party next week at the LQS.

Gathering a game plan for some home re-do projects including painting, mailbox, planters for the outside. Plus flooring and painting on the inside. It will be a busy year.

Comment

Happy new year and all the best for 2020.

We have had quite a bit of rain and snow over the past few days. It looks pretty but many of the trees are bent under the weight of snow. We cleared the driveway yesterday morning together, then I spent a few hours with mom, gave her a manicure and I brought a quilt to finish the binding. She was very talkative and in good mood, her hand and arm are giving her the most trouble since her TIA, but she is not giving up. It was busy at buffet dinner, one GF started feeling ill and went home rather than coming back over to our house. The other couple also went home, he had several strokes a few years ago, and tires easily. DH & I stayed up to watch the new year ring in, then off to la-la land.

It will be quiet today. My GF Pat wants to come with me to visit mom. They are supposed to have a sing-a-long after lunch. She usually enjoys this. I want to vaccum quickly. We will have leftovers. I am hoping to take down xmas and holiday decor on Friday or Saturday.

I don't make resolutions, but I do hope to find more time for myself, quilting and travelling. Not certain that the latter will happen, as something always comes in the way. The reality looks more like medical appts for DH & mom, and possible trip to see FIL. I am learning to take these set-backs in stride.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

Comment

Happy New Year! We went out to dinner with a friend last night. We were home by 7:30 and in bed by 9:30. Loud fireworks woke me up at midnight. Luckily the dogs did not get too worked up. My twin DDs turn 25 today. The years keep flying by.
            I want to sew some more strips together on my new quilt. My DH is home today, so he will be on puppy duty

Have a great day
            Beth

Comment

Happy New Year! It'seems finally here, but then again, how did last year go by so quickly. Oh, the mixed emotions. Well, the last day of 2019 was very positive, a great day at work, lunch with a friend, finished installing robot on the longarm, and did some piecing on brother's quilt.

I need to get moving and cook the traditional New Year's meal. This is the only day of the year that I eat the same thing every year, pork, cabbage, and black eyed peas. I also have bananas that are getting over ripe, so i'll make banana pudding.

My youngest niece was supposed to get engaged last night, so another quilt to add to the list. I can't keep up with them. I'll try my best for 2020.

Comment

I didn't hear any fireworks last night but I was asleep. We had a steak dinner at home, watched a couple of episodes of Vera, a British murder mystery show, toasted the new year and were in bed around 11. It was a nice end to the year.
                I finished the fmq on a quilt I have worked on for months, something I saw a picture of then graphed out. It was a doozie with 50ish segments in each block. I will try to get a picture later when I get it trimmed.
                Today I need to oil my machine and pack everything for a 3 day retreat. Day camp for quilters.
                I hope everyone has a happy and healthy New Year.

Comment

Good Morning All,

I broke down and had Mike take me to Med Express yesterday. Acute bronchitis, I was like, yeah. I figured. So I'm on an antibiotic, and a bunch of pills and basically still feel miserable. Hopefully, I'll see some turn around today/ night. Home school is supposed to start Monday, but it won't if I don't feel better than I do right now.

I'm watching the Rose Parade and resting. Following directions... can you believe it.

Nothing much going on around here, the fire works in the neighborhood stopped around 1:30. It didn't help getting sleep last night!

Take care and stay healthy! Being sick is for the birds!
                  Katrina

“Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.”
                  ― Maya Angelou

Comment

Claire, I'm a Vera fan too, wish she gets a new hat and coat soon, LOL.

Comment

Good afternoon! It was a delightful time out with friends for lunch yesterday. Lots of laughter and fun with two great ladies. We have many exciting things planned for the year. I did some errands with one of the boys while the oldest boy baked oatmeal peppermint bark cookies to take for the youth event at church. Three of the children went to the youth event. Dh, little one and I ordered pizza for supper and watched movies. I spent some time last night squaring up blocks to 3.25 inches (the next time I make this quilt, I am going to do the blocks at 3 inches as it is easier to square up at 3 inches). It was a quiet New Year's Celebration. And I am glad after I learning about my uncle. My uncle past away last evening surrounded by his wife, children and grandchildren. He had some major health issues the last two years and was so ready to go home to be with Jesus. I had hoped to visit with him but illness had prevented me from going the last time I was over that way.

Today is college basketball game with the family. And my brother coming later for a visit and bringing the bedroom set that I slept on at my Grandma's house growing up. It brings back a lot of memories of fun times. One of my favorite thing was the bedroom faced the east so the morning sun would wake me in the morning as the bed was straight across the east window.

Have a fabulous 2020 year everyone!

Comment

The return of the Roaring 20's?
                        TRUTH is seldom appreciated, unless you happen to agree with it. When you don't agree, you just call it rude.

Comment

Katrina ~ So sorry you're under the weather. I hope you get well soon. Not a fun way to start the new year.

Simply Quilting ~ My sympathies to you & your family on the death of your uncle. What better place to be than with Jesus.

I'm taking it easy today. I hope to get some sewing done yet this afternoon. Time now for some lunch.

Comment

Happy New Year, Everyone!

I went to see Mom around lunchtime -- she is very unhappy! I hope she adjusts sooner rather than later, but I doubt it. In addition to losing one of her hearing aids, the facility has also managed to lose her shoes. Turns out her slippers don't fit anymore, so she is running around in her stocking feet. I am worried about her fall risk. My sister is going to take a couple more pairs tomorrow. I was looking online for shoes that are similar in style. Gotta love Google -- I searched for "old ladies beige shoes" and it came pretty close!

I am working on one of my UFO's. It's the first quilt top I ever made, a jelly roll race. I need to find the fabric for the binding. I hope to finish squaring the quilt up this afternoon.

Wishing everyone a joyous 2020!

Comment

Good afternoon and Happy New Year! We had a nice evening last night. Hubby made delicious chicken marsala dinner. Then we just relaxed for a while at home and then headed over to our neighbors to ring in the New Year. We were home by 1, watched a couple episodes of The Honeymooners marathon and then headed to bed. We got up after 9 and unfortunately it looks like the hubs has a cold. So we had a relaxing breakfast and then watched the Rose Bowl parade. Our sil and gs Henry stopped by to install a new car seat for Henry since he has outgrown the one we had in the car. Now dh is napping and I am just catching up on the forum here and planning out the next month or so with household projects, quilting/sewing endeavors, etc. I prepped our stuffed shells dinner yesterday so all we have to do is pop the pan into the oven when we are about ready to eat.

Katrina, sorry to hear you are not feeling well. Hope you get on the road to recovery soon. Simply Quilting, sorry for your family's loss.

Hope you are all having a very enjoyable 1st day of 2020.
                              Ginny B

http://www.ginnyscraftbasket.wordpress.com

Comment

Working...
                              X