X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KarenC
    replied
    Re: Saturday Morning Hellos!

So many of you in need of prayers for tough times in your families. I will be praying for you.

Leave a comment:

• NancyH
    replied

Suzanne, Thoughts and prayers to you and your family.

Leave a comment:

• Over40momma
    replied

Jeanne and Suzanne, you and your families are in my prayers.

Quiet here, more or less. We got our puppy (Copper) on the 20th. He was 3 years old, a King Charles Cavalier mixed with poodle. Just as cute as a button. Years ago, I used to work with our local shelter who came across abused and traumatized dogs. They would call me for the extreme cases...the guys that would kill you as look at you. Only ever had one that was so damaged, he had to be humanely put down for his own sake. Long and short of it, I was not told the whole truth about his history. Within 3 days he had attacked my husband 4 times and my youngest daughter twice. Took him to the vet and told him what I suspected. I called the lady to come pick him up and gave her the news that the damage to this poor dog was severe traumatic permanent brain injury. (I confirmed this with my vet and an MRI). Because I did not own the dog as yet, and his chip still registered to them, my vet could not allow me to put him down. When she picked him up she said she was turning him over to a nearby shelter because she did not want him euthanized. I found out where she placed him and sent them the MRI along with the vet's diagnosis. Hopefully, they will do what is right for this poor suffering soul.
    On top of this, this kids got sooo attached (and hubby too). They all understand but it was amazing how this little fella got under our skin so fast. We will wait a few months and go to the shelter as a family to get another pooch. Right now they are grieving for what this poor little guy went through.
    Otherwise, it is business as usual.
    Sandy

Leave a comment:

• Nwmnteacher
    replied

Ginny,

Thank you for the prayers. Right back at you in sympathy for your Hubby's BIL's passing.

Leave a comment:

• Monique
    replied

Well I have been a busy beaver this morning. Getting the spare room ready for my guests who arrive tomorrow. I have no place left to hide stuff. Taking a little break for lunch and now I have to tackle the sewing room as someone will be sleeping in there on an air mattress.

We are expecting really bad weather Sunday night into Monday, freezing rain expected most of the day. YUCK!! My oldest isn't coming until Monday and I shall worry every minute until he arrives.

I now have all the gifts wrapped and ready for the crew. They arrive tomorrow about lunchtime.

Prayers going out to all who need them.

Have a wonderful day everyone.

Leave a comment:

• EsGrandma
    replied

Dear Suzanne. Prayers and hugs being sent to you. Also prayers to all others

Leave a comment:

• Ginny B
    replied

Hi all. Happy Saturday. It's a sunny one here but I think we are expecting some rain starting tomorrow. Today is dh's birthday but we won't be celebrating until tomorrow. Sadly today we have the wake and service for his bil who passed away right before Christmas.

Jeanne, I will keep your son and dil's little one in my prayers. Safe travels to you and everyone else traveling over the next few days.

Be well everyone.

Leave a comment:

• Nwmnteacher
    replied

Good morning all,

Well, DD left at 80 this morning to meet her roommate in Grand Forks, ND to photograph the wedding they were hired for. Like so many of you, we're in a storm warning for 8-16 inches of snow and winds of 30 - 50 mph. The girls will leave for home (Minneapolis) right after they take pictures of the first dance at the reception. I'm pretty nervous about their drive home. It's normally about a 5 hour drive, but with the weather, who know? DH and I reminded her several times that if it gets too bad get off the road and find a place to stay. I told her to let me know when they leave Grand Forks, and also, to let me know their progress.

I received a phone call on Thursday from #2 son who lives in NC. Their baby girl is due on the 21st of Jan. They had an ultrasound Thursday morning, and the doctors are concerned that the baby's stomach isn't developing like it should. If there's no improvement by this Monday when she'll have another ultrasound, they will induce her on Tuesday. DS and DIL are new to the base where he's stationed, and don't really know anyone with whom they can leave their 3yo son. I'll be flying out on Monday to help them. I'm hoping the weather will have improved by the time my plane leaves Monday morning. I would have left this weekend if it wasn't for this darn storm. Since the doctors aren't sure as to the problem with the baby, I'll be staying with DS and DIL for a month. I'll adjust my return date if need be. We would appreciate prayers for little Runa and the family.

It sounds like the storm is or will be affecting many of you, so please be careful if traveling.
    Suzanne, I'm sorry to hear about the latest health problems your mom is having. Prayers that she doesn't suffer.
    Joy, have a wonderful time with your GD and family.

Jeanne

Leave a comment:

• Sheena
    replied

Sunny and mild over here in Cheshire, England. I'm off to see the lights at Dunham Massey this evening with my daughter and grandson.

JCY I'd love some snow - can you send some over here please?

Leave a comment:

• Bubby
    replied

Hi Everyone....We are expecting some winter weather later today. Jeff's Mom is in town from Indiana visiting Jeff's brother in Jefferson City and Jeff is en route to visit with her for a few hours. I'm home with the Girls. JC is about a two hour drive from here. I may take down a few of the Christmas decorations today.

I have borders cut (for the second time) for my Tea Cup quilt. The first set of borders were too busy for the center. If I get some time today I will do a little sewing. I pieced the backing already and have the binding cut. This may be my first machine sewn binding (hemming).

I hope everyone has a good weekend. Stay safe.....Hugs

Leave a comment:

• SuzanneOrleansOntario
    replied

Good morning,
    The sun is shining and this will likely be last day before we get a nasty storm, the one hitting US.

Nothing ever goes as planned. Yesterday I quilted the VQC top and attached the binding. Then checked my phone. The sitter I have for mom was texting me saying mom wasn't right, confused, slurred speech, blurred vision and she got the nurse to check BP which was normal. Suspect she has been having TIAs. I think she has been having them over past few months, but mom's wish is 'no intervention'. When I went I stayed with her, night nurse & I observed her as she tried to eat dinner. Slow and difficult seeing, missing mouth, and trouble chewing. She did like the soft dessert and 2 chocolates. She kept talking about dreams she is having, mostly with my dad and places we have lived. She reminded me that her mom and all her siblings had strokes and she does not want to be in paralyzed state. Her speech is slurred. They will keep an eye on her. I texted my kids, and DD may bring the kiddos to visit later. Mom has asked to see them. Please send your prayers that she not suffer. I handsewed half the binding last night and may bring to keep busy when I go see mom.

DH did not sleep well either. He kept thinking about my mom 96, his dad 95 who is also not doing well in KS and his impending surgeries. I think I will need be needing prayers for strength in 2020.

Joy and others travelling today, please be careful. I hope your snow angel comes by to clear your driveway.
    Dandelions - reminds me when I was a kid, and they weren't sprayed then. Us kids would collect them from schoolyard across street and my dad would make dandelion wine.

Have an enjoyable day.

Leave a comment:

• KarenC
    replied

Good morning everyone. No report on weather here, since I haven't gotten out of bed to see. But I did sleep in and it was heavenly! I have one package to take to the post office and then I think I will come home and sew. That's about all I have to report today. Love your life and enjoy as best you can.

Leave a comment:

• KPH
    replied

Originally posted by grammaterry View Post
    oH yes, safe travels to all who will be traveling. We are headed to our family gettogether today at DD. Only 110 miles but the weather is perfect. We have had 5 glorious spring days for December with rain coming tonight. Our skys have been carolina blue and the soil is smelling like spring. I know its an illusion but I'm swept up in it. I even saw a blooming dandilion yesterday.
    Terry, have a great time! I have dandelions all year long. Every time, Esther or Zeke come over, they bring me some to go in my grandma's bud vase. I don't think she ever had to use it for dandelions!

Leave a comment:

• KPH
    replied

Good Morning All,

It's dreary this morning, still sprinkling a little bit. A bird apparently got hung up under the solar panels. I thought the neighbor might be getting his truck out of the back yard, but the noise was over head. It decided to leave once I stepped out on the porch.

Yesterday, I worked on the tree napkins. All stitched up, now I need to flip them. I worked with Carlie Wolf on getting Secret Santa 2020 set up for the new year and looked at the Christmas decorations wishing I had the boxes. lol, oh well! That didn't get touched. By the end of the day, I felt like Mike had shared his cold with me! Dag gum! I was in bed before 8:30 and sound asleep when Jim called to tell me about Nana and Nandy's reaction to their quilt. It didn't take long to go back to sleep.

Kiddos will be here later, as Morgan and Jim are going out to lunch for their anniversary/ JIm's birthday (which was in November). Their schedule is too crowded! They'll hit the 9 year mark tomorrow and lots of love around here to support them.

Not sure if I'll touch the Christmas stuff today or not. Mike's off, but it's the last he'll have off for 7 days. I hope they get a replacement for Shane quickly. He moved on to Allstate Insurance Co. no clue what he's doing there. I teased Mike, saying he's the copy boy. He told me I was bad.

I like my new pocketbook, the main pocket will hold my folded up cane and still zip. I told Mike where everything was, in case he needed to get to my ID or something. I actually think it would be pretty easy to make in fabric, instead of leather. Maybe, if I get really bored this summer. ha ha

I'd best get started around here. Joy, be safe on the roads and have a wonderful time with your family. Beth, I'm about ready to start a new quilt, too. I need to talk to Morgan first, to see if the colors I have will go with her Mom's bedroom.

For all who follow, Have a great day!

I know most of you all already have a lot on your plate, but think about joining the Secret Santa 2020. I know I've enjoyed it so much for the last two years.

Leave a comment:

• grammaterry
    replied

oH yes, safe travels to all who will be traveling. We are headed to our family gettogether today at DD. Only 110 miles but the weather is perfect. We have had 5 glorious spring days for December with rain coming tonight. Our skys have been carolina blue and the soil is smelling like spring. I know its an illusion but I'm swept up in it. I even saw a blooming dandilion yesterday.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X