I'm back!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm back!!

Hi there - been away from the Forum for a while but now back with renewed energy and ready to go - oops! - I mean sew.

The last 4 years have been like nothing I've ever experienced before - been to the UK, been cruising, been to hospital 5 times with leg problems, rented in Canberra for 1 year, sold my house, and bought a townhouse in Canberra where my family is. Phew!! Maybe that's why I feel a little weary. All that as well as adjusting to life after losing my wonderful husband after 43 years of marriage.

Never thought I would leave where I had lived for 46 years but my family are all in Canberra so it made sense to move over here. Have kept busy playing table tennis twice a week, have joined the Canberra Quilters group, and have joined a ladies choir - can't really sing but the ladies are all lovely and very welcoming. It's also wonderful being near my 3 grandchildren and being able to participate in their activities.

Have been helping to make charity quilts with the Canberra Quilters and my little town that I left. Material is donated by wonderful people and it all helps satisfies my desire to do patchwork.

Looking forward to hopefully a more settled life in Canberra - a New Year coming up and I feel I can cope better now with whatever life throws at me. I know the journey will be made easier if I keep looking into the Forum and seeing familiar faces pop up.

Happy New Year everyone.

Re: I'm back!!

Welcome back! Oh my you have been through a lot of major life changes in 4 short years. I hope now life settles down for you in your new home. There is nothing better than having family close by.

Comment

Welcome home!
      Katrina

“Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.”
      ― Maya Angelou

Comment

Welcome back. Sorry for your upheaval & life changes. I hope things settle down for you. Enjoy being close to your family, new adventures, & being here on the Forum. Happy New Year!

Comment

Welcome back to the forum. Hopefully life will settle down and you can get back to quilting.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

Comment

Welcome back!!! You were missed a LOT! It sounds like you have made a positive move for your life. Quilting makes everything better.
            sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

Sounds like you are getting settled now and have a plan with a positive attitude. Are you in a senior community? I've thought of looking into one of those.

Comment

Welcome back. You have been through a lot. It is great to have you back.
                Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Comment

Welcome home and it is a joy to hear that you are near family. Look forward to hearing about all your new adventures in life and quilting. {hugs}
                  Sandy B.
                  "A heart that gives will never be empty."

Comment

Originally posted by KarenC View Post
                    Sounds like you are getting settled now and have a plan with a positive attitude. Are you in a senior community? I've thought of looking into one of those.
                    I'd like to say I'm too young for a senior community but that's not quite true . There are 5 units in the complex. The only restriction was that one of the owners had to be over 60. It has 2 bedrooms - one of which is now my sewing room. There was also room for 2 single beds in an area off the lounge room. The grandchildren love it.

Thanks everyone for welcoming me back. Nice feeling. Went shopping this morning and got lots of fabric - all 40% off. I'm working on the Disappearing Hourglass 2 for a wedding present. Fun block to do.

Comment

I am glad to hear that you are back. Sorry for your loss and your health issues. Unfortunately I can relate it has been a couple rough years for me also. It sounds like you have a plan and adjusting pretty well
                      Debbie

Comment

Welcome Back. Sorry you have been through so many challenges in the past few years, but glad to see you are getting back on track.
                        Donna

Comment

Working...
                        X