It's Tuesday and CHRISTMAS EVE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: It's Tuesday and CHRISTMAS EVE

Hello everyone, just taking a few minutes to myself with the Forum and a fresh cup of coffee. Hoping for my second wind to kick in! Expecting family to arrive for Christmas Eve dinner and gift opening in about two hours. Ham is in the oven, made German potato salad this morning which is in the slow cooker. Spent the morning washing load after load of dishes and cleaning like crazy but all is ready except assembling the cookie plate and cutting up cheese and sausage. Whew! It's amazing how much you can do in a few hours. My sewing room was pretty clean yesterday but don't go in there now! It seems to have wound up as the dumping ground for things in the way in the L.R. , houseplants, empty boxes, foot stools, bits of wrapping paper, rocking chair, etc. One of my dd is spending the night with her dh and 3 kids so we will have a big pancake bkfst tomorrow and they will head home around noon. She lives 2-1/2 hours away. Our 3 dd are all adopted and the dd spending the night her real mom moved to Tenn. last year (we live in Wis) so she will also be joining us for dinner tonight. She hardly gets to see the GK since she moved, and only saw the baby once, he is now 3 mos old. Well I'd better get going on a few more duties to attend to. Hope everyone has a wonderful Christmas! And I would be remiss if I did not mention thank you to all you cyber friends here who helped me in so many ways over the past year. I count you all as friends even though we have never met.

Comment

Monique, It's good to have that behind you, forgive the pun Have a great Christmas with friends and family

Comment

Friends, nothing to add 'cept Merry Christmas or whatever you want to celebrate. Many wishes for you all to have a healthy, happy, prosperous new year.

You guys are the best!

Gina

Comment

Now I can sit back, put my feet up and relax... until the dishwasher finishes and then it will be empty and refill time.

Church service was nice this afternoon. Mike stayed home, he's caught the kiddos sniffles. I've doctored him up with Tylenol Cold today. Nana and Nandy had errands to do this evening, so they didn't come to dinner. Morgan got a migraine so she went home. Our numbers dwindled but everyone loved the soups. Everyone fixed soup to take home, so Mike and I won't be eating soup until February! Thank goodness! I have soup for Nana and Nandy and we'll take that tomorrow morning for Christmas at Jim's.

As soon as the kitchen is done, I'm going to start opening my Secret Santa gifts. Ohhhhhhhhhh boyyyyyyyyyyyyy.
          Katrina

“Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.”
          ― Maya Angelou

Comment

Working...
          X