It's Monday all right!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's Monday all right!!

Well it's here, my "C" day. I haven't had any solid food since supper on Saturday. Actually my hunger hasn't been bad at all. I did eat some jello but that almost makes me gag. I don't like jello. I drank lots of liquids throughout the day.

I did not think the 'liquid' you have to take was working until it did. And that's all I have to say about that, lol!!

I have 1 more litre of liquid to take at 8 am. At 10 am I am to stop the liquid diet. My procedure is at 1. I shall have a good nap then.

I did 3 loads of laundry, got gifts wrapped that we needed for today, which Les will deliver while he is waiting for me. I cleaned some areas that really needed it. Les works tomorrow so I am hoping to finish up my cleaning.

The weather has changed dramatically since Friday. We are expecting 7C today. WOW!! It will feel like spring for sure.

Well that's it for me. You all have a wonderful and blessed day.
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Re: It's Monday all right!!

Good Morning, Everyone ~ Monique ~ Good luck today with your procedure. Been there, done that, a few times. My dr. said I'm old enough now that I don't need to have any more. DS#1 had his first one within the past year. He's 53.

Yest. was church. On the way home, I made a quick stop at Whole Foods for turkey bacon. My favorite was out of stock, so I had to buy a dif. one. In the afternoon it warmed up to 62, so I hand watered all the flower beds & 2 of the newly sodded areas. The ground was pretty dry. I can see where the rabbits have been nibbling on some of my perennials.

DH wanted a hair cut yest. p.m. It had been 6 wks. since his last hair cut. After that, I made it to the sewing room for ~45 min. I started making 6.5" HSTs from 2 LCs. I'm using the Grunge dots fabric. In the eve. I watched David Jeremiah; it was his annual Christmas show from a theater on Broadway in NYC. One of the guest singers was Jordan Smith. I had never heard of him. I understand he was a previous winner from NBC's The Voice. I looked him up on the web. A great voice.

This a.m. will be the usual Mon. laundry. I might cook up some applesauce. It's supposed to be in the 60's again.

Comment

Good morning everyone, The sun is shining and it does feel like spring.

Monique, good luck with your procedure. Joy - we have one or two rabbits living in our yard for past month. I'm surprised they haven't been swooped up. DH set traps for mice as he sees the tracks to the hosue. He's caught 4 so far. None inside. Yeah.

Yesterday was our xmas with our kids and grandkids. We've been doing our gathering ahead of 24th-25th, so everyone is fresh and kids are not cranky. I have to say it went rather well. DH was nappiing when they all got there. His knee has been giving him pain. The GKs were quiet but the adults just couldn't contain themselves. DH got up and got into gear. No hearing aid. The gifts were just right for everyone and not too much.

DH turned on the Polar Express with smoke and noise, the lighted village with windmill and creature had the kids in awe. They sat and watched as the train churned around. We set it up on dining table, our excuse for not making the meal here. Then off to the restaurant and this was a hit. My DD's kids are used to buffets and we definitely get our money's worth, especially since 3 of them are free. My son came back to the house and we enjoyed coffee, without kids. The best part is that I put away the few glasses and dishes in dishwasher and the house is clean. I served vegetables, shrimp and cheese & crackers in afternoon, just enough not to overstuff before dinner.

Today there is a lady coming over for micro cozies, then I will drop by mom and give her caregiver xmas gift. Then DH's youngest son will come over and we will go to Persian restaurant. I might go up in spare room to see how bad the mess is, as this is the room that has GKs toys. Maybe a load of laundry this morning. Taking it easy.

Have a good day. Be safe if you travelling this week.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

Comment

Good morning. I was up and down last night with a sore throat and cough. I have not been sick like this for a few years. I am treating the symptoms and trying to rest. I dropped off my quilt so it can be quilted. Now I can start on my new one.

It felt nice here yesterday. You did not need a really heavy coat. It should be the same today.

Monique— hope the procedure goes well. We went out to breakfast when I was finished with mine.

Have a good day!
        Beth

Comment

Good morning everyone. It's a nice, sunny one here. It will be a busy but not hectic day. Laundry is going, a couple of gifts to wrap, some Christmas Eve dinner prep, lunch with a former co-worker and packing for our overnight stay at my sons'. Just a steady pace and by evening, we will be relaxing. Last night we watched the 1977 version of the Nutcracker with Mikhail Baryshnikov and then I even got to watch a couple episodes of Season 6 of Downton Abbey.

I'm not sure I will get here tomorrow or Christmas Day, so Merry Christmas everyone!
          Ginny B

http://www.ginnyscraftbasket.wordpress.com

Comment

Good Morning Everyone.

Monique, good luck with everything today. I know you'll enjoy your post p. nap. Mom always did.

It looks like we have a break in the rain! Yippee! I see blue skies, I know they won't last, but it's still nice to see them.

Yesterday, I finished up the last two bowl cozies and washed the old ones. I can't believe, they're two years old and one ripped to shreds. I don't know what happened to it. All the rest came out fine. Oh well, I still have enough for Christmas Eve (especially since the kids won't be using them).

Morgan's Mom has a dead ?? in her attic. Mike went over last night and looked, but couldn't find anything but droppings. She was headed to Morgan's this morning to take a shower. Jim's going to bring the kids over today so he can finish up his school stuff. Not sure what time anything will be happening now. Tammy will have to call pest control to have them come and check out the attic.

The house is just about ready for company... other than my sewing room and Mike's bathroom. The kitchen will get it's final clean up after I get everything chopped and started tomorrow.

Mike's up, so he'll probably want ot try to get his brake job done while it's not raining. We'll see.

I hope you all have the merriest of Christmases and the most prosperous, healthy and happy New Year!
            Katrina

“Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.”
            ― Maya Angelou

Comment

Monique, for those of us that have done the prep for the "C" we can sympathize. Someone had a great comeback response for when folks ask you "how are you?". Clean as a whistle you reply. 'nuff said. Enjoy your short nap.

Gina

Comment

That prep is a terrible way to lose 5 pounds and then it comes right back. Luckily you will have a nice rest while you are under and hopefully a nap after.
                No sewing going on here, all that can be done in advance is done, I do have cooking prep tomorrow and a party tomorrow night then the big day at DS house.
                We have been watching TV, Home Alone, British castles lit for Christmas and Shetland. Hope to watch more Shetland today and Polar Express.
                No more quilting until next week when there is a "bash" for 3 days. An in town quilting retreat that should be lots of fun.

Comment

This is the first chance I've had to check up on y'all for the past week or so. I've been busy doing the last minute chores for the holiday. Then DH and I took our 2 middle-aged sons and wives to the Opryland Hotel in Nashville for a couple of nights and a Christmas Show. We had a great time, but I came home with a cold and sore throat. Fortunately my Christmas dinner will only be for us 2 and my old friend, Jane. She may decide to stay away from my cold!
                  The day after Christmas (Boxing Day in the UK and Canada too, I think), our son is hosting most of us for a gift exchange and dinner at a nice restaurant in Knoxville. He has the largest family with 4 grandkids. Daughter is in St. Louis and has 2 who live in Chicago. They will not be coming this time.
                  Need to get dinner started. The cat is so glad to be home. She stayed in the kennel while we were in Nashville, and she doesn't get much sleep there. I remind her of that when she wakes me at 5 A.M. but she pays no attention.

Comment

102_0585.JPG Today's sniffly crew practicing their ABCs. I hope I don't catch it!

102_0583.JPG My Secret Santa is still under my tree. Everything else is at Jim's house for Wednesday.
                    Katrina

“Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.”
                    ― Maya Angelou

Comment

Working...
                    X