Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The wish book

How fun! thanks!
    "People were created to be loved. Things were created to be used. The reason why the world is in chaos is because things are being loved and people are being used"― Dalai Lama XIV

Comment

I can remember our Sears catalog always ending up in the outhouse...
      TRUTH is seldom appreciated, unless you happen to agree with it. When you don't agree, you just call it rude.

Comment

Imagine my surprise when I peeked inside a random catalog and saw my prized, and what I thought was SO expensive at the time, Betsy McCall doll for $1.98!!! Oh looking at these is going to be so much fun! Thank you thank you for finding this! I am saving this for later as my reward for finishing my shopping, baking, and (almost finished) wrapping.

Comment

Thanks for sharing. 1966 was one I remember fondly. That year, we found Santa's gifts hidden in the attic, so of course, we jotted down the numbers on the packages and went and searched the catalogs to check if we were getting what we asked for. My mom was so mad at my sister and I that year. Sure enough, I checked and found that little mosaic kit in the catalog just now. Brought back fond memories.

Comment

My sister also says thank you lol

Comment

This link was passed to me from DH who found it on his gun forum. They have the most interesting things they share on that forum. I haven't had time to remind my memories but I do remember going to my cousins house and we would take the book and read it together. It was what we did instead of television. And yes, the paper doll models. And the boys loved the lingerie ads. Oh my, what we have lost when the print ads have all but disappeared. I can't imagine how the children today decide what they want for Christmas and I don't think they really can imagine how it might be to have it all there on the pages to choose from
              Walk in peace with the Lord by your side.
              Terry

Comment

Well I must say that I have not had any of those catalogs in my hands, but my father was doing the Spain-United States route with arrival in New York from 1945-1955, and always brought things from there, first for my mother and since 1950 also for his daughters, so seeing the catalogs of those years I have remembered those combinations, nightgowns and bras that he brought to my mother and that I still have them in my memory, and for us he brought wonderful dolls, accessories for toy kitchen and also something big and wonderful, a tractor that was the size of a bicycle small and that both my sister and I enjoyed it for many years and that I still have it and my husband has renewed it painted it with all the original letters. So Terry thanks for the link. I´ll keep looking at it more times

Comment

Ok, who is going to admit the first one they looked at was their birth year? lol I remember the Sears catalog too....and yep, ours ended up in the outhouse too-but not til spring! Great memories, thank you.
                  Sandy B.
                  "A heart that gives will never be empty."

Comment

We got the Sears book. I would always circle everything I wanted. Always wanted
                    the baking sets and mixes for my 2nd hand Easy Bake Oven. We were poor, so it
                    definitely was a "wish" book. Fun to look thru and see all the styles of clothing.

Comment

Working...
                    X