The wish book

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The wish book

https://christmas.musetechnical.com This is a link to all the Christmas wish books of our past.
    Last edited by grammaterry; December 17th, 2019, 06:30 AM.
    Walk in peace with the Lord by your side.
    Terry

Re: The wish book

Thanks for this! I can look back and wonder why on earth I always wanted a Jerry Mahoney doll. LOL We would fight over who got to look at it first. The pages got worn out fast with four of us!

Comment

There aare so many of these and so I am only looking at one catalog a day. Somethings are surely less expensive today than back in the day but its fun to look at the ads and the prices.
      Walk in peace with the Lord by your side.
      Terry

Comment

Wow Terry. This is a treasure to look at. I have bookmarked to look at later.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

Comment

Oh this will be so much fun to look at, thank you!!

Comment

I don't know what rabbit hole you went down to find this, but I'm sure glad you did! What a wonderful treasure trove!! Thank you for sharing it.
            sigpic~~Libby~~

Quilters make great comforters.

Friendship is sewn with love and measured by kindness.

Comment

Terry,
              Thank you for posting this.....what sweet memories I'm sure a lot of us have!

thChristmas.jpg
              Jacqueline ( Sugar ) Dorer-Russell
              http:\\www.sugarssmilinpapercrafts.BlogSpot.com

"I miss the me I was when you were here"

Comment

Terry, thank you for posting. The wonderful memories these wish books bring back.

Comment

We never got catalogs. Probably because we had no charge cards. I had to go to my friends if I wanted to see them.
                  pat.

No rain....no rainbows!

sigpic

If you can't be nice.....BE QUIET!

Comment

Originally posted by bubba View Post
                    We never got catalogs. Probably because we had no charge cards. I had to go to my friends if I wanted to see them.
                    I'm sure my mom and dad didn't have charge cards back then. We still got the Sears and Penney's wish books. Not sure about the Montgomery wards

Comment

Thank you for sharing. I remember growing up it always seemed just a little more like Christmas when the Christmas catalogs came in the mail and we got our new 'Twas the Night Before Christmas" coloring books. What fond memories.
                      Nancy

Comment

This link really was a wonderful thing to share ! My gods I remember my kids sitting with a shared wish book for hours. I went to the 1980 one and searched the star wars toys. There was the page my sons wore right out from looking at it so often and wishing. They even took the book to show Santa at the mall. Thank you with all my heart for adding such a vividness to wonderful memories of the past. Time had faded them but seeing the pictures takes me back to the very moment and how real it still feels after 39 years. Later I will look at the 1956 one my mom loved.

Comment

I bookmarked this site so I can go back & browse later when I have more time. Thanks for posting, Terry. It seems like we usually had catalogs. Some places where we lived were either small towns or in a rural area, not close to major shopping. We loved to browse those catalogs. Long before we had credit cards, we wrote out the order the old way & mailed in a check. When my boys were pre-school age, I ordered all their Christmas gifts from either Sears or Mont. Wards; we lived in a small town. "Those were the days, my friend..." How times have changed. It also seems like we also cut out some of the models to make paper dolls. I wonder if anyone plays with paper dolls anymore? Kids today are too addicted to their electronics; probably most of them never heard of paper dolls!

Comment

Thanks for posting. What wonderful memories!
                            Katrina

“Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.”
                            ― Maya Angelou

Comment

Thank you for sharing. I remember looking at the Wards catalog every Christmas and wishing for things.

Jeannette

Comment

Working...
                              X