• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SuzanneOrleansOntario
    replied
    Re: For those who have lost someone

Originally posted by Monique View Post
    Try and get through this one. I heard it yesterday once again and it brought tears to my eyes but it is a very lovely song.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MpkI7GW2V34
    That one gets me every time.

Leave a comment:

• redcaboose1717
    replied

Thank you Monique.
    As always the holidays are difficult when losing a loved one. Of course, you know you have to go on, but it's sometimes difficult when all of a sudden you are 1/2 of a couple.
    There's no such thing as closure, and the saying "Time heals"(or Time Heals All wounds" isn't true. Time heals nothing. Sure, your longing and heartache never go away, but you "LEARN" to adjust to a new normal. Certainly not because you "want" to, but because there's no way to change things and put them back where they were.

Again, thank you.
    child kneeling.jpg

Leave a comment:

• jjkaiser
    replied

Over40Momma that was just so beautifully said. Thank you. And very interesting about the shadows.

Leave a comment:

• Over40momma
    replied

We share so much together.
    We share the love of sewing, quilting, family and being together.
    We share the worries, the angst and the joyous moments.
    We share the sadness that life brings.
    We share it together, it helps not feel so alone, it helps knowing others understand which makes the burden of grief just that little bit lighter.
    We will never 'get over it', we can only go through it. But doing it with people who care and have walked that same path is a special gift.
    So together we may shed a tear, light a candle, rekindle memories that are bittersweet, share a memory that is silly and it all means the same thing....love. This is the season of love and goodwill.

There is a belief amongst my people (Indigenous) that when you see your shadow, you are seeing all those who have gone before you and were apart of you. And when you see that shadow, follow it right to your own feet that are set upon Mother Earth. You are a part of them and they are a part of you. Walk well upon this Earth for they are with you always.
    May you feel their love and be comforted during those moments of longing and loss.

Leave a comment:

• shermur
    replied

The holidays are especially hard this time of year.....I lost my Mother December 20, 2002 and then, we lost Grand-dad on December 25, 2002. Two funerals in one week. For the first few years, I didn't partake in putting up the Christmas Tree and it was an endeavor to put on Christmas cheer. This photo was taken at Thanksgiving a month before we lost my Mom and Grand-dad. My Mother is in the middle (standing) and my Grand-dad sitting at the left. I miss them both terribly......

Last Breshears photo small.JPG

Leave a comment:

• GuitarGramma
    replied

Monique, you are a caring and lovely person. All of us who have been the beneficiary of your kind thoughts and actions are grateful to you. This post is yet again a gentle and loving support for those of us mourning during the holidays.

You didn't make anyone sad. You helped us all!

Leave a comment:

• MSN
    replied

Tears can be healing; they help wash away the pain.

Leave a comment:

• Monique
    replied

We are allowed to shed tears for the ones we have loved and lost. I didn't mean to make anyone sad though, sorry.

Leave a comment:

• BethB
    replied

Thanks Monique . . . On the 23rd of this month, it will have been 19 months since my husband passed away so I have already made it through one holiday season. I think about him every single day --- most days many times throughout the day. I just moved into a new house and it is bittersweet because he is not here with me and I know he would have loved this place, especially the covered patio on the back. This makes this year harder for me. I am glad I have family near me. The piece Monique put up and the songs from Katrina and Monique brought tears to my eyes tonight.

Nancy

Leave a comment:

• Cokie
    replied

Originally posted by KPH View Post
    Oh my goodness! Such a beautiful song. Thanks for sharing...crying now...

Leave a comment:

• Monique
    replied

Try and get through this one. I heard it yesterday once again and it brought tears to my eyes but it is a very lovely song.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MpkI7GW2V34

Leave a comment:

• Monique
    replied

Originally posted by jjkaiser View Post
    Thank you. I agree that fb post was so perfect for this time of year. My parents and one of my sisters passed over 10 years ago. I am used to their being gone but the thing that gets me every year is hearing Silent Night. My heart breaks for all of you missing that special someone and especially if this is your first holiday without them.
    Silent Night makes me cry too.

Leave a comment:

• jjkaiser
    replied

Thank you. I agree that fb post was so perfect for this time of year. My parents and one of my sisters passed over 10 years ago. I am used to their being gone but the thing that gets me every year is hearing Silent Night. My heart breaks for all of you missing that special someone and especially if this is your first holiday without them.

Leave a comment:

• geegeequilts
    replied

Katrina, thank you. that was so beautiful.

Gina

Leave a comment:

• KPH
    replied

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0yFXfAGl17M

The song starts at 1:26

Leave a comment:

Working...
X