Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: For those who have lost someone

We share so much together.
    We share the love of sewing, quilting, family and being together.
    We share the worries, the angst and the joyous moments.
    We share the sadness that life brings.
    We share it together, it helps not feel so alone, it helps knowing others understand which makes the burden of grief just that little bit lighter.
    We will never 'get over it', we can only go through it. But doing it with people who care and have walked that same path is a special gift.
    So together we may shed a tear, light a candle, rekindle memories that are bittersweet, share a memory that is silly and it all means the same thing....love. This is the season of love and goodwill.

There is a belief amongst my people (Indigenous) that when you see your shadow, you are seeing all those who have gone before you and were apart of you. And when you see that shadow, follow it right to your own feet that are set upon Mother Earth. You are a part of them and they are a part of you. Walk well upon this Earth for they are with you always.
    May you feel their love and be comforted during those moments of longing and loss.
    Sandy B.
    "A heart that gives will never be empty."

Comment

Over40Momma that was just so beautifully said. Thank you. And very interesting about the shadows.

Comment

Thank you Monique.
        As always the holidays are difficult when losing a loved one. Of course, you know you have to go on, but it's sometimes difficult when all of a sudden you are 1/2 of a couple.
        There's no such thing as closure, and the saying "Time heals"(or Time Heals All wounds" isn't true. Time heals nothing. Sure, your longing and heartache never go away, but you "LEARN" to adjust to a new normal. Certainly not because you "want" to, but because there's no way to change things and put them back where they were.

Again, thank you.
        child kneeling.jpg
        Jacqueline ( Sugar ) Dorer-Russell
        http:\\www.sugarssmilinpapercrafts.BlogSpot.com

"I miss the me I was when you were here"

Comment

Originally posted by Monique View Post
          Try and get through this one. I heard it yesterday once again and it brought tears to my eyes but it is a very lovely song.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MpkI7GW2V34
          That one gets me every time.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

Comment

Working...
          X