Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help! Need gift ideas for co-workers -- $10 or less

Hi Everyone,

I have been so focused on Mom lately, I haven't given much thought to what to buy my co-workers for Christmas this year. The gifts need to be store-bought, I do not have time to sew anything. I think the last day we are together before winter break is December 18.

There's always the usual chocolate from the local chocolate shop, but some of the girls avoid sweets. Bath & Body Works is having a sale on candles today. What do you think of those? https://www.bathandbodyworks.com/c/h...3-wick-candles

One of my co-workers is Muslim; I'm looking for ideas that aren't necessarily Christmas-themed.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated!

Re: Help! Need gift ideas for co-workers -- $10 or less

Oven mitts, decorative tea towels, mugs, mitts/gloves/scarf for example. (I personally don't like candles but many do)
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Comment

I was going to suggest the same items as Monique. I did tea towels this year for DD#2's co workers. They can be pretty festive or everyday useful..as well as holiday friendly.
      I had time to sew a hot pad on them with a hanging button .. but they are great just they are.
      sewing 2019 xmas.jpg
      Judy

Click HERE to find me and My imagination
      :icon_wave:

Comment

Originally posted by Monique View Post
        Oven mitts, decorative tea towels, mugs, mitts/gloves/scarf for example. (I personally don't like candles but many do)
        I'm not crazy about candles, either; other people seem to like them. Or like to gift them, anyway!

Comment

I was also going to suggest a nice holiday tea towel, they were my big sellers this year at the craft fair. Also a cute gift a potholder with a pocket, to put a bag of cookie mix or brownie mix in it along with a spatula (dollar stores are great for these items), a Tervis drink cup with a cute design or water bottle filled with some Hershey kisses to make it look festive.
          If you could choose to be anything choose kindness.

Visit my Flickr page, sewing and cakes!
          http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/

www.pinterest.com/cathyfiebe/boards

Comment

My dh gets terrible headaches from candles, perfume, hairspray, etc so candles might not be the best idea. I love getting a box of small blank notecards and use them throughout the year. Somewhere, an office supply store maybe? there must be an item like a cute smallish spiral notebook especially made to write down all your computer passwords. My book is beginning to be useless as it is crammed with so many little sticky notes and backs of envelopes. There must be a better way!

Comment

Walmart had holiday towels & hotpads out. They were $.88 each. There were some nice washcloths 4/$2.50 too. I'm going to pick up a bottle of hand soap from JoAnn 5/$5 to add to it. That makes a decent gift for ~$10.

If you really want to go easy, Amazon has gift card packs w/$10 cards. Then they can get a new book, or just about anything else they want! Tape them to bamboo skewers with everyone's name and stick them in a styrofoam dome for display. We have given gift cards in note card that has at least one thing we admire/appreciate about that person. That was fun too.

Good luck!
              Be who you are and say what you feel
              because those who mind don't matter,
              and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss

http://www.toggpine.wordpress.com

Comment

I know you say you don't have time to sew but there's a few things that take no time. I usually crafty gemini tutorials for my craft fair items. The lip balm case takes 10min I do a couple extra finishing steps. Just saying because when you start adding up the cost when buying it adds up. Honestly I love candles but due to perfumes I would only buy vanilla.

Comment

I love mason jar anything
                  https://www.pinterest.com/search/pin...yped&term_meta[]=mason%7Ctyped&term_meta[]=jar%7Ctyped&term_meta[]=gifts%7Ctyped

And you can get fairy lights in sets and split them up for the decoration.
                  https://www.amazon.com/s?k=fairy+lig...f=nb_sb_noss_2
                  🌺 Lorie

Comment

Originally posted by Hulamoon View Post
                    I love mason jar anything
                    https://www.pinterest.com/search/pin...yped&term_meta[]=mason%7Ctyped&term_meta[]=jar%7Ctyped&term_meta[]=gifts%7Ctyped

And you can get fairy lights in sets and split them up for the decoration.
                    https://www.amazon.com/s?k=fairy+lig...f=nb_sb_noss_2
                    I was getting alot done today until I got sucked into the mason jar universe on Pinterest, but it was a nice diversion. Um, thanks Lorie you are such an enabler!

Comment

How about a gift card to a local coffee shop? Those were always a big hit with any of the staff I worked with.
                      Maria

Comment

Like many others, I don't like candles, scented items, potpourri or perfumes.

I do like nice teas and baked goods (cookies) from local bakery. Nice tea towels, kitchen gadgets for those that like to cook. Those that don't, but like to try different foods, - hot sauces, sweet relishes, pickles or jams. Nice balsamic vinegars, cooking oils. Chocolates - if they like. I can live without.

Fun socks. A nice desk plant.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

Comment

One year I made mini loaves of sweet bread. Spent one afternoon baking and found clear plastic wrap in red and in green. Gave 3 loaves in different flavors to each recipient. They really loved it. One lady told me it helped out for a really fast snack plate that she had to take to a gathering. She sliced up the little loaves and arranged them on a plate.

Another year I baked strawberry bread in large loaves and gave them out.

Don't know about your Muslim friend. You might have to google for what would be good and what to not give.

One year I really goofed. Had company at the last minute for supper so ordered a Huge pizza with ham on it. My cousin (7th Day Adventist) and her husband (who was Catholic) were the guests. Did I mention that it was also on a Friday! Yikes! They were very polite about it and it did not dawn on me what I had done till we were done with supper. I apologized to them but they just laughed it off.

Lori, really love the mason jars! I think mason jars filled with neat flavors of tea would be great. One friend gave me a mason jar with homemade hot cocoa mix in it. Had a cute little fabric top where she had cut a circle and had a drawstring in it.
                          Vonnie

Comment

I have made this snack mix recipe before and put in mason jars. Tie a ribbon or raffia around the top of the jar, or cut a piece of fabric to tie over the top.

Chocolate Chex Mix

1 box chocolate Chex cereal
                            2 bags Muddy Buddies
                            1 bag M&Ms in holiday colors
                            1 small bag of pretzels (holiday shapes if you can find them. I like to use the white chocolate covered ones)

Pour all in a large bowl and mix together. I usually take this to work every year and it's always a hit. In fact, the ingredients are in my kitchen right how.

You could also put this in clear cellophane bags and tie with a pretty ribbon.

Comment

What is Muddy Buddies? Does it have any other name

Comment

Working...
                              X